Author Topic: PS4 20th Anniversary Edition  (Read 7163 times)

theprestige2000

PS4 20th Anniversary Edition
« on: December 05, 2014, 03:16:43 pm »
Sony is releasing a 20th anniversary PS4.  It's grey like the original and has etchings with the PS shapes and the number 20.  Individually numbered.  Only 12300 will be made.  Details on price and how to get one will be given at the Play Station Experience keynote on Saturday.  I have a feeling the price on this is going to start crazy and get crazier.  Apparently in Spain it will be sold via charity auction.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/03/playstation-turns-20-ps4-20th-anniversary-edition-revealed-2/

So, who's going to fight over this one? ;)

soera

Re: PS4 20th Anniversary Edition
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 03:35:17 pm »
I really want this. Im probably the biggest Sony nut on these forums. But I work all day tomorrow and I dont think its going to still be available by the time I get home (which is an open-close day for me). I already have a limited edition PS4 on the way here in a few weeks (http://vgcollect.com/item/69607) and I think this one will suffice me.

Dat 20th controller however ....

maximo310

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 03:35:55 pm »
As cool as it looks, I still want the metal slime ps4 over this one and knowing that it could be really pricey from the get-go, I'd wait a little while on this.

soera

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 03:39:30 pm »
The price is supposed to be $500. Not sure if it will actually change in the next 24 hours.

And heh funny we both post about the slime one at the same time. :) You may still be able to jump on some pre-orders on Ebay. I ordered mine a month ago. You may want to hurry though. It comes out in a week or 10 days.

maximo310

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 04:39:48 pm »
The price is supposed to be $500. Not sure if it will actually change in the next 24 hours.

And heh funny we both post about the slime one at the same time. :) You may still be able to jump on some pre-orders on Ebay. I ordered mine a month ago. You may want to hurry though. It comes out in a week or 10 days.
I would love to get one of those metal slime ones, but $660 is very expensive considering my budget per month isn't very high, I'm going to see if I can convince a family member to help me with the purchase if its possible. As for 20th edition ps4, I don't think the price will jump for a couple to few weeks, so once all of them are given out to buyers is when we will see the price increase more likely.

karyann

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 06:12:41 pm »
Argh I'm soooo tempted, damn it! At first I was thinking that it's cool but that I don't have money for that right now, but IT'S SO LIMITED AGH I WANT IT.

retroone

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 06:38:03 pm »
I WANT ONE!!! But I just bought a plain black one :(

argyle

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 06:53:44 pm »
I really want this. Im probably the biggest Sony nut on these forums. But I work all day tomorrow and I dont think its going to still be available by the time I get home (which is an open-close day for me). I already have a limited edition PS4 on the way here in a few weeks (http://vgcollect.com/item/69607) and I think this one will suffice me.

Dat 20th controller however ....

Iunno, I'm a fairly big Sony nut myself. I'm trying for it tomorrow. I don't NEED it, but I *WANT* it!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 06:56:30 pm »
I might try it tomorrow for my bf, but it's a pretty pricey gift. especially since we both know we wouldn't even open it...

if anything, here's a free theme!
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/free-theme-makes-your-ps4-sound-like-an-original-p/1100-6423983/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 07:45:44 pm »
I might try it tomorrow for my bf, but it's a pretty pricey gift. especially since we both know we wouldn't even open it...

if anything, here's a free theme!
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/free-theme-makes-your-ps4-sound-like-an-original-p/1100-6423983/

Was thinking about trying for it too. I wouldn't open it either. It would probably just end up in storage with my PS3 Gun Grey...
Still would be cool to have though.

argyle

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 08:28:54 pm »
I'd definitely open it & use it - except for the controller.  Matter of fact, I'd sell my current PS4 to help defray some of the cost.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 01:04:29 am »
Unless it works with PS 1,2,3,4 I'm still not interested. :P

soera

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 02:12:08 am »
If any of you decide to get one and want to part with the controller, Im down!

karyann

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 01:48:43 pm »
So where can we buy it anyway?  :-\