Author Topic: PS4 20th Anniversary Edition  (Read 7236 times)

argyle

Re: PS4 20th Anniversary Edition
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 02:53:55 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=20th&_from=R40&_osacat=139971&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X20th+playstation&_nkw=20th+playstation&_sacat=139971

"As with all the others I'm going to try to order multiples.  Do not even pay until I message you or invoice and let you know I got it."

Ridiculous - they're trying to scalp it and they haven't even bought one yet.  >:(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 03:00:09 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=20th&_from=R40&_osacat=139971&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X20th+playstation&_nkw=20th+playstation&_sacat=139971

"As with all the others I'm going to try to order multiples.  Do not even pay until I message you or invoice and let you know I got it."

Ridiculous - they're trying to scalp it and they haven't even bought one yet.  >:(
This is even worse than awful, seriously. It's gotten to a whole new "absolutely shitty" level...

On a brighter note, anyone who wants to celebrate the 20th anniversary with style can download a free PS Vita / PS3 / PS4 theme on the PSN! I think it's super awesome :) My Vita is rocking it.

argyle

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 03:11:51 pm »
Anyone know if there's a way to turn off the PS4's startup "chime" - when you have the anniversary theme on, the chime plays over the original PSX startup sound.  :-\
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 03:17:53 pm »
Anyone know if there's a way to turn off the PS4's startup "chime" - when you have the anniversary theme on, the chime plays over the original PSX startup sound.  :-\

from a youtube video about disabling the chime:

disabled the PS4 startup sound by going to Settings then Sound and Screen and then unchecking the Key Tone box.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 03:23:04 pm »

disabled the PS4 startup sound by going to Settings then Sound and Screen and then unchecking the Key Tone box.

Ah, so you have to disable the keytones too - well, I guess that's acceptable.

So, no word on how to get the system?? ???

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2014, 03:27:12 pm »

Keynote just ended, and @playstation said they should tweet out a preorder link shortly after...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2014, 03:57:09 pm »

Keynote just ended, and @playstation said they should tweet out a preorder link shortly after...

Thanks, I had no idea - went ahead & bought one of the LBP faceplates, that also allowed me to make sure my Sony Store account was setup, cc info entered & saved, etc. :)

karyann

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2014, 04:12:36 pm »
Man, they sure like to build up the anticipation. Been refreshing twitter for 20 minutes straight  ::)

karyann

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2014, 05:18:35 pm »
Damn it, I'm pretty pissed  >:( I was able to get through checkout with one PS4, and then: "LOLNOPE, we don't ship to Canada."

And then Playstation Canada tweets: "Hey guys, Canada has its turn next week!"

Couldn't they have told us BEFORE? I just wasted so much time and energy on this...

Sorry for being so angry, but I hate being messed with like that >_>

desocietas

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2014, 05:26:41 pm »
Damn it, I'm pretty pissed  >:( I was able to get through checkout with one PS4, and then: "LOLNOPE, we don't ship to Canada."

Couldn't they have told us BEFORE? I just wasted so much time and energy on this...

That's really messed up... i haven't had any luck getting past the page where I enter my address... -___-
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2014, 05:39:42 pm »

That's really messed up... i haven't had any luck getting past the page where I enter my address... -___-

I had setup my shipping + billing address beforehand, thanks to Argyle's comment on having his stuff up-to-date, so that went well for me. Guess I'll be ready for next week, at least.  :-\

argyle

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2014, 06:18:57 pm »

I had setup my shipping + billing address beforehand, thanks to Argyle's comment on having his stuff up-to-date, so that went well for me. Guess I'll be ready for next week, at least.  :-\

I saw the submit order button & got to click it once, then the site fell apart again. I don't want to give up, but surely they've sold out by now. So upset - feel like I wasted the entire afternoon. :-\ Bah.

desocietas

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2014, 06:36:04 pm »

I saw the submit order button & got to click it once, then the site fell apart again. I don't want to give up, but surely they've sold out by now. So upset - feel like I wasted the entire afternoon. :-\ Bah.

Same here... it *says* I still have one in my cart, but the fact that I get an error every time I try to checkout gives me the impression that it's sold out.  :'(
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2014, 06:52:29 pm »
Ok, now they removed it from my cart while I've been refreshing... there went the last few hours of my life...

But, it's also a blessing that I didn't just drop half a grand on something to just keep on the shelf.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

karyann

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2014, 06:57:20 pm »
Ok, now they removed it from my cart while I've been refreshing... there went the last few hours of my life...

But, it's also a blessing that I didn't just drop half a grand on something to just keep on the shelf.

That's one way of seeing it  :P I would totally have opened and used that baby though. Even if it's not all that pretty (I'm no fan of gray haha), the extreme collectibility of it makes it a proud display nonetheless. Then nobody would have the right to be left alone in my living room  ::)

Edit: Just created an entry for the system, in case anyone managed to put their hands on a buy. I'm hoping to be in that number next week.
http://vgcollect.com/item/72986
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 07:10:49 pm by karyann »