Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Wii U Gameplay Trailer  (Read 3369 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Legend of Zelda Wii U Gameplay Trailer
« on: December 06, 2014, 02:33:13 am »
Looks good so far, and there's mention of the new Star Fox game:

pacpix

Re: Legend of Zelda Wii U Gameplay Trailer
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 02:47:08 am »
I cannot wait for this game to come out next year.  Looks like it is going to be awesome
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 03:43:03 am »
Despite it only being off screen, I'm pretty stoked.  I'm a sincere lover of open world games, I know they can lend themselves to monotony and repetition, but I like having the freedom to just explore.  Seeing them go "Well that's gonna take awhile to get to" and then jump off the cliff, which would've been probably blocked off in some way in past games, and float off into the distance and then have to get a horse to get the rest of the way, sold me more than it was already sold cause I am a definite Zelda fan lol

They didn't really show a lot, but you can see how they plan this stuff, where the goal of talking about Zelda now, is to talk about the big world.  We probably won't even get a proper reveal of the game till the next E3, but we might see more of the world itself up till then as this is a big change for the series to allow for such freedom.

Also that slow motion dismount attack with the bow is incredibly awesome.

Mario Maker
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 07:27:26 am »
There was also a new trailer for Mario Maker. When first announced there was only SMB and New SMB U themes now it looks like they've added SMB3 and SMW as well. The interfact is coming along as well. It now looks closer to Mario Paint. I was reading somewhere that was kind of the inspiration for Mario Maker. Looks like you're also able the change the size of enemies now to. The game now features wall jumping and racoon suits as well. Enemies that can shoot projectiles can now be modifed to shoot othere things as well. EG: bullet bill cannons can shoot coins.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 07:29:24 am by badATchaos »

karyann

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 09:23:31 am »
Also that slow motion dismount attack with the bow is incredibly awesome.

SO much awesome indeed! That world is beautiful too. Man, that game can't come soon enough! I want E3 now.  :(

retroone

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 10:59:19 am »
Buying a Wii U now!

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 11:26:38 am »
The Wii U was one of the best purchases i've made in recent years! I am so freakin excited for this game, and him just throwing in Star Fox made me start squealing like a little girl LMAO. On top of that we're probably getting Xenoblade X in 2015. Will be an awesome year to own a Wii U, that's for sure  8)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: Mario Maker
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 02:13:59 pm »
There was also a new trailer for Mario Maker. When first announced there was only SMB and New SMB U themes now it looks like they've added SMB3 and SMW as well. The interfact is coming along as well. It now looks closer to Mario Paint. I was reading somewhere that was kind of the inspiration for Mario Maker. Looks like you're also able the change the size of enemies now to. The game now features wall jumping and racoon suits as well. Enemies that can shoot projectiles can now be modifed to shoot othere things as well. EG: bullet bill cannons can shoot coins.

Where is the new Mario Maker video?

karyann

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 02:49:48 pm »

It's on Nintendo's youtube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aryAvSdRQgM

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 03:22:28 pm »

It's on Nintendo's youtube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aryAvSdRQgM

Childhood dream, realized! I hope they include Kubaru's Shoe!

WiiU was my best purchase ever!

karyann

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 03:39:03 pm »
Childhood dream, realized! I hope they include Kubaru's Shoe!

WiiU was my best purchase ever!

Oh my god, I hadn't thought about that, but now that you mention it... I would probably spend HOURS making levels just for the Goomba's Shoe! I freaking love that item, and it had to have only ONE appearance  :( All the fun will now be MINE!  8)

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 04:45:10 pm »
Oh man, I didn't realize Mario Maker added more Mario era's! Hype level increased!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 04:48:15 pm »
Back to the topic of Zelda, I like how the grass parts and sways as the horse runs through it.

karyann

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 05:42:04 pm »
Back to the topic of Zelda, I like how the grass parts and sways as the horse runs through it.

And the mane! Seriously, I was getting super excited over Epona's mane flowing while she moved.  :o

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 06:09:19 pm »

And the mane! Seriously, I was getting super excited over Epona's mane flowing while she moved.  :o

I did not even notice that!

I have to say (I seem to say it every generation). Yes, Nintendo comes out with underpowered hardware. But damn. They know how to use it.

This generation they can just shut up and take my money. :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:11:09 pm by dashv »