Author Topic: Amiibo Wanted/Trade Thread  (Read 12802 times)

Amiibo Wanted/Trade Thread
« on: December 08, 2014, 09:40:55 pm »
This thread is where all of us Amiibo addicts gather to fuel our obsession by helping one another track down buy, sell, and/or trade Amiibos so we can all get our hands on the ones we are after.

abe

Re: Amiibo Wanted/Trade Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 10:38:20 pm »
I anticipate this thread will become filled with people looking for Marth. I'm one of those people. :( I haven't seen any of the rarer Amiibo in stock in my area, but I'll be sure to keep a look out in case somebody here needs one.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 11:27:22 pm »
An additional possible use for this space could be discussion/recommendations on amiibos to either preorder on anticipation of rarity or buy if stocks appear to be running low. Since there aren't more amiibos out currently the preorder discussion point might be worthwhile. Any thoughts on which to look at?

My money's on Little Mac, Pit, Captain Falcon, Ike, Sheik, and a few others. All retail exclusives are a given.

As I said in a related thread:
"My policy is as follows: Any fire emblem, obscure, new, or retail exclusive character is going to be mandatory preorder, everything else can probably be left to a later time. I learned my lesson after that $27 Marth off of ebay, though even that's a steal compared to what it goes for now."
Bayleef Forever.

soera

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 12:29:53 am »
"My policy is as follows: Any fire emblem, obscure, new, or retail exclusive character is going to be mandatory preorder, everything else can probably be left to a later time.

I think this could get flipped soon ... with the mad rush for people to pick up Marth, next wave could see everyone securing their pre-order on the more obscure characters and the popular stuff getting left on the shelves. I do think that the retail exclusives will tend to be harder to come by.

Since its mentioned, I havent seen anything saying that Rosalina is indeed an exclusive. Hopefully some news on that will pop up soon.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 12:40:23 am »
Since its mentioned, I havent seen anything saying that Rosalina is indeed an exclusive. Hopefully some news on that will pop up soon.

Nothing's announced yet but there's not really any other reason it wouldn't be showing up on preorder lists for all major retailers. Speculative but highly likely.
Bayleef Forever.

soera

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 08:53:29 am »
Just not sure why hers would be left to speculation when the others are well known.

argyle

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 09:35:45 am »
"My policy is as follows: Any fire emblem, obscure, new, or retail exclusive character is going to be mandatory preorder, everything else can probably be left to a later time.

I think this could get flipped soon ... with the mad rush for people to pick up Marth, next wave could see everyone securing their pre-order on the more obscure characters and the popular stuff getting left on the shelves. I do think that the retail exclusives will tend to be harder to come by.

People don't learn like that. For proof, see every single limited edition game / preorder bonus / etc. that's advertised for months before launch and then after the game comes out people are paying crazy premiums on eBay to get them. Every. Single. Time. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 11:01:47 am »
I haven't even started thinking about the next wave yet. Blargh. Guess I'll start preordering some of those now!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 12:27:59 pm »
Lucario is available for preorder again on Toys R Us's website!!! Get them now before they are gone again.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136&cp=&parentPage=search

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 03:34:45 am »
Lucario is available for preorder again on Toys R Us's website!!! Get them now before they are gone again.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136&cp=&parentPage=search

Aaaaand they're gone  :P
Bayleef Forever.

soera

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 02:00:54 pm »
People are posting that they have been spotting wave 2 Amiibos. They are supposed to be hitting the shelves in 2-3 days but keep your eyes out.

Also have heard mention that Target acknowledged Rosalina and will be taking pre-orders at the beginning of the new year.

soera

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 02:54:12 pm »
Update! I just called Toys R Us asking about the Lucario pre-order. While I was on the phone, the Nintendo rep was there putting out some of the wave 2 figures. I ran up there and picked up Zelda and Little Mac. There was not a Pit figure. She said that she never got that one and some of them will be released in another 2 weeks.

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 09:15:34 pm »
It seems Diddy Kong will be ESPECIALLY rare. preorders sold out in many retailers and others are accepting on backorder. if you can find Diddy Kong SNAG HIM.
Bayleef Forever.

bobster

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 10:17:11 pm »
It seems Diddy Kong will be ESPECIALLY rare. preorders sold out in many retailers and others are accepting on backorder. if you can find Diddy Kong SNAG HIM.
Seriously? He's the only one I didn't preorder out of the 2nd wave  >:(
Currently Playing: The Witcher

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 11:33:29 pm »
Seriously? He's the only one I didn't preorder out of the 2nd wave  >:(

Same. Target was still taking orders when I found out, but it said it won't ship until 12/30 and I worry I'll get one of those damned stock error emails with my order canceled. It HAD to be Diddy Kong that goddamned peon.
Bayleef Forever.