Author Topic: Skylanders...What Is Going On Here?  (Read 3702 times)

foxhack

Re: Skylanders...What Is Going On Here?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 07:28:20 pm »
The main thing is, we've always been about listing things with their retail packaging and any variations of the original release. It's been like this since day one, and one of the main points in our mission statement.

Of course in the case of the retail packaging missing, thanks to the game being old or the person adding the original listing to the database no having it CIB, then using a cart scan in place for the time being has always been OK. It's not an attack on how it's currently set up. But, if you're talking about uniformity, the rest of the site is set up with bundles as bundles and individuals as individuals.

For example, the Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary collection. I've seen a lot of these parted out in the wild, but that doesn't make them eligible for single entries in the database. They are a bundle of 3 games in PS2 cases with individual artwork, manuals and such, but they belong in the bundle. If someone has Devil May Cry 3 from the bundle, they should be adding the bundle to their collection and adding notes on what's missing. Rather than adding a individual variant entry.

People do this with the games from the Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid packs too. It irritates me. But at the same time I understand it because there's sellers that bought these and spilt the games to get extra money, and most people won't know any better.

karyann

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 01:27:14 pm »
The main thing is, we've always been about listing things with their retail packaging and any variations of the original release. It's been like this since day one, and one of the main points in our mission statement.

Of course in the case of the retail packaging missing, thanks to the game being old or the person adding the original listing to the database no having it CIB, then using a cart scan in place for the time being has always been OK. It's not an attack on how it's currently set up. But, if you're talking about uniformity, the rest of the site is set up with bundles as bundles and individuals as individuals.

For example, the Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary collection. I've seen a lot of these parted out in the wild, but that doesn't make them eligible for single entries in the database. They are a bundle of 3 games in PS2 cases with individual artwork, manuals and such, but they belong in the bundle. If someone has Devil May Cry 3 from the bundle, they should be adding the bundle to their collection and adding notes on what's missing. Rather than adding a individual variant entry.

People do this with the games from the Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid packs too. It irritates me. But at the same time I understand it because there's sellers that bought these and spilt the games to get extra money, and most people won't know any better.

I didn't know we weren't supposed to add these as separate items, I'm guilty of one of these then  :-\ A while back (wow, after searching, it's been 2 years already) I added the Spyro PS1 Collector's Edition pack as separate entries. Should I create a new entry for the pack, and post the 3 separate ones in the dupes thread for deletion?

foxhack

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 02:55:58 pm »
No, there's no helping it. People will add those things anyway so why bother?