Author Topic: Best point and click adventure games?  (Read 4852 times)

Re: Best point and click adventure games?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 01:19:22 pm »
Obviously the Lucasarts games: Day of the Tentacle, Loom, Monkey Island 1-3, Sam & Max, Full Throttle, The Dig, Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis.
Also: Star Trek 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites, Simon the Sorceror 1+2, Beneath a Steel Sky, 5 Days A Stranger, Machinarium, Out of Order.

The best storylines for me though were in Syberia 1+2, and The Longest Journey.

desocietas

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 05:29:49 pm »
Machinarium is sooo good.  The art style is amazing.

I really enjoyed The Longest Journey and need to play the Syberia series.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

dreama1

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 09:51:27 pm »

Syberia is on xbox lol that's nice I think. Did you ever play sanitarium? That's really a heavywieght puncher.

blipcs76

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 09:33:19 am »
2 of my personal favorites are Discworld and Blazing Dragons.  They are both more comedy style adventures but they are both a lot of fun and funny.

I'll second Blazing Dragons.  Been looking for it since we lent it out and never got it back.

blipcs76

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 09:36:18 am »
Being a HUGE fan of Homestar Runner, my vote goes to:

Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People.

Totally nails the humor of the toons and each episode is a neatly-contained package.  The puzzles are fairly straightforward, but I did have to consult a walkthrough once or twice. 

blipcs76

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 09:39:13 am »
I forgot about the Kyrandia series too.  Really fun games heavily inspired by King's Quest.

desocietas

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 02:12:55 pm »

Syberia is on xbox lol that's nice I think. Did you ever play sanitarium? That's really a heavywieght puncher.

I did not, but I've seen someone playing it - it's really messed up!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2018, 07:05:37 pm »
(BUMPED ON 11/24/2018) almost 4 years later

I used to enjoy Police Quest IV/4 and Police Quest V/5.

None seem to talk about any of the "Police Quest" Series on the PC. I can tell you I really liked the 4th one, but my disc was scratched and I never finished Police Quest IV because of it.  In Police Quest 4 you walk around as a crime scene investigator  clicking on everything waiting if what you click on would actually trigger an event. It's got some RPG elements where you occasionally meet and talk to people, but I think if you do the wrong thing "just like in all Police Quest series games for PC" you get Game Over events and forces you to start over to the beginning of the game.

Police Quest 5 is a SWAT simulator, with vary strict rules and stupid random deaths. With cut scenes that make absolute NO scene as the game goes on, sometimes if you shoot a wall or use a wrong object in any of the missions somehow you die, or someone else dies and you get game over though. I remember shooting any random wall and all of a sudden I killed an elder women in a living room. but the cut scene made no scene at all to me because if you do the right thing the women is actually in the bathroom not the living room . It comes with a HUGE manual. If you don't read it you won't know how To play. Police Quest 5 is being a SWAT simulator. you will need real life proper procedure in everything you do. or else you have to start from the beginning
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 07:13:31 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2018, 01:56:52 am »
Here’s a few no one has mentioned:

Prisoner of Ice - (PC) an alien space craft crash lands in the arctic. A submarine crates it and, while enroute to a military installation, all hell breaks loose. Aliens, submarines, and time travel. What’s not to love?

Starship Titanic - (PC) Douglas Adams helped produce it (but did not write it). It’s a quirky sci-fi point n click.

Thimbleweed  Park - (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) a love letter to Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle

Burn Cycle - (PC & CDi) no I’m not kidding there was a good game on CDi. This was a cyberpunk thriller.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 02:59:27 pm by dashv »

shadowzero

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2018, 12:09:28 pm »
While I wont argue that it is the best I will say that The Dig story line blew my mind when I was a kid.

kypherion

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2018, 02:54:24 pm »
Waxworks and Clocktower
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2018, 08:15:34 pm »
King's Quest VI is the best ever, in my opinion.

Maniac Mansion

Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade

I love that I replied to this years ago!  It’s a blast from the past!

I still think King’s Quest VI is the best point and click ever. 
I’ve played a couple more since then. Back to the Future and Game of Thrones are both really good.

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2018, 06:49:57 pm »
I would have to say Maniac Mansion for the NES, though I must admit I haven't played a lot of games from that genre.

I'm still ticked I never got to complete it because a friend of mine borrowed it and never returned it.  :'(

mastodon

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2019, 05:24:18 pm »
I have not played many adventure games, but I do enjoy the Macventure series.  I have played Deja Vu, Deja Vu II, and Shadowgate and enjoyed all of them.  Still have not played Uninvited though.

These were my fav too. I havent played new ones.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2019, 08:05:37 pm »
Stumbled across a new adventure game. It’s an indie title out now on Steam. Coming to consoles (Switch, Vita, PS4, and Xbone) on January 15.

Planet RIX-13.

My son and I played a pre release copy this weekend. We did a live stream but I’ll keep the link out of here since it’s a short game and the stream is a complete spoiler.

It’s good for between 1-2 hours of entertainment and costs $5.

I feel it’s worth that.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:49:40 am by dashv »