Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514903 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3030 on: February 27, 2017, 07:09:51 pm »
Brought my GBC on a cross country flight for a week long conference. Trying to get through Final Fantasy Adventure and Metroid II before I get home!

There really is something to the feeling you get playing your GBC with a worm light while the guy in the seat in front of you plays Civilization on his fancy laptop.  :P

shfan

« Reply #3031 on: February 27, 2017, 07:28:31 pm »
Had a go on Curses 'n Chaos (PS4) over the weekend, it's a finely tuned beast that kicked my arse and made me shake hands and apologize, not sure I'll be able to beat it. Tonight I started playing the original Age of Empires, again, it's been awhile since I had a good go on any AoE game so it's nice to get back in the saddle. I always struggle with the original, the story campaign gets super-tough once you get out of the first training scenario and the Greek episode, so this time I'm really going to go all-out. I can beat Dark Souls II/III, I can beat you, AoE. Grrrrr!

kevininja

« Reply #3032 on: February 28, 2017, 02:56:03 pm »
Beat Watch Dogs yesterday, I was going to play through the Bad Blood DLC as well but I'm pretty burned out after going for the Platinum for the sequel and just playing Watch Dogs non-stop.

So I got back to Doom (2016) and I finally got into it. It's been a good amount of fun so far!

shepard11

« Reply #3033 on: February 28, 2017, 03:02:15 pm »
Decided after all these years that I would actually try and get the true ending to Duck Tales 2 (which I never did) After an hour I had it beat even took pics of it. Still can't believe that price of that game complete.

« Reply #3034 on: February 28, 2017, 05:44:16 pm »
Currently playing Rise of the Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider 2013, The Sims4/1 and almost done with Donkey Kong Country 2

« Reply #3035 on: February 28, 2017, 10:36:31 pm »
Rented Horizon and so far it's a good game.  Nothing particularly new game wise, this has all been done before with Far Cry 3/4/Primal and the recent Tomb Raider games, but I think it's keeping things interesting enough with its setting and the gear you use to fight the machine creatures.

*EDIT*
I feel like I have to knock the game down a notch for doing no effort with the voice work to make it seem like this is a time set a 1000 years from now.  Everyone in this game talks in near perfect English dialogue, not much in the way of accents anywhere, like it's a modern day TV drama.  It's not even like awkward broken dialogue or using weird words.  It's just like "We don't really understand our world, but we sound like incredibly intelligent people".  It seems relatively minor to complain about, it's perfectly functional, but it really ruins the immersion.

I mean, look at Far Cry Primal.  They worked to recreate what a language at the time, 7000 years ago, would be like.  Horizon didn't even need to go that far with an entirely new language, though it probably would be, but at least act like it might.  This is a humanity that reverted to a state that we haven't seen in centuries.  It's like a cross between viking, medieval, and native american, being that it is set somewhere in America.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 02:02:18 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #3036 on: March 01, 2017, 08:29:09 am »
Rented Horizon and so far it's a good game.  Nothing particularly new game wise, this has all been done before with Far Cry 3/4/Primal and the recent Tomb Raider games, but I think it's keeping things interesting enough with its setting and the gear you use to fight the machine creatures.

*EDIT*
I feel like I have to knock the game down a notch for doing no effort with the voice work to make it seem like this is a time set a 1000 years from now.  Everyone in this game talks in near perfect English dialogue, not much in the way of accents anywhere, like it's a modern day TV drama.  It's not even like awkward broken dialogue or using weird words.  It's just like "We don't really understand our world, but we sound like incredibly intelligent people".  It seems relatively minor to complain about, it's perfectly functional, but it really ruins the immersion.

I mean, look at Far Cry Primal.  They worked to recreate what a language at the time, 7000 years ago, would be like.  Horizon didn't even need to go that far with an entirely new language, though it probably would be, but at least act like it might.  This is a humanity that reverted to a state that we haven't seen in centuries.  It's like a cross between viking, medieval, and native american, being that it is set somewhere in America.
Given that it takes place after humanity already had defined languages, I see no reason to expect that the English language, or any language for that matter, would have devolved, and I'm sure they have new words like names for the giant robot animals.

« Reply #3037 on: March 01, 2017, 03:15:04 pm »
Given that it takes place after humanity already had defined languages, I see no reason to expect that the English language, or any language for that matter, would have devolved, and I'm sure they have new words like names for the giant robot animals.

Maybe devolved isn't quite right, but language changes over time and in this world, where they've seemed to have completely abandoned or lost all knowledge of the old world, to the point that it is practically legend to them, the clear, perfect, English sounds very out of place.  And they just have generic names for the robot creatures.  Strider, Scrapper, Watcher, Sawtooth, etc...There are a couple names that are more interesting though like the Bellowback, which is huge two legged creature that has very obvious fuel tanks on it that belches fire.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 03:39:43 pm by kamikazekeeg »

telly

« Reply #3038 on: March 01, 2017, 03:33:37 pm »
I started playing Super Smash bros for Wii U. It's a ton of fun, with tons more content, stages and unlockables than the 3DS version.

I'm having troubles with controlling characters that I did not have on the 3DS. I'm guessing it's either the controller or just the new game since I'm so used to playing on the 3DS
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3039 on: March 01, 2017, 04:07:01 pm »

Why, oh why, did they mess with that wonderful soundtrack that the original games had?! One of the best soundtracks in gaming history!

Other than that travesty, it's really fun playing through these games again, this time in fully remastered HD!

And you don't really realize just how much graphics have improved since the original XBox until use the select button to go back and forth from the original graphics to modern (although I swear, it looks a little worse than the actual Halo played on an original XBox when using original graphics mode).

doafan

« Reply #3040 on: March 02, 2017, 01:19:34 pm »
Just beat Rayman Origins last night (talked about it in the Games Beaten thread). Fantastic game! One of the best platformers I've ever played.

Did you managed to get all the ten teeth and get the fight with the real last boss ?, am stuck with five of them, almost broke the controller trying to get that bastard  >:(

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3041 on: March 02, 2017, 02:00:51 pm »
Just beat Rayman Origins last night (talked about it in the Games Beaten thread). Fantastic game! One of the best platformers I've ever played.

Did you managed to get all the ten teeth and get the fight with the real last boss ?, am stuck with five of them, almost broke the controller trying to get that bastard  >:(

No, that game is far too challenging to 100% it.

I got 7 out of the 10 teeth. I need more Electoons to unlock the last couple of treasure levels. I ended with like 170-something.

And I knew nothing about a "real boss". I fought the guy that piloted the giant robot, then you had to chase him through that falling debris part that is stupid hard. And then you have the shoot-out with his ship while riding the mosquito.

doafan

« Reply #3042 on: March 02, 2017, 08:19:16 pm »
No, that game is far too challenging to 100% it.

Knew that wasn't the only one that think this way, my little girl and I already got 200 Electoons and really want to get all of them and not because of the boss, need the achievement Electoon Legend at my list mainly because a friend told me that I'll be crazy before getting it so need to prove him that he was wrong about the last boss won't gonna give you spoilers but for what I have seen it will be a pain in the ass to defeat  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

azure

« Reply #3043 on: March 08, 2017, 03:56:53 pm »
Been dumping all my free time into Nier Automata, love the game so far.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #3044 on: March 09, 2017, 10:48:41 am »
^Oh my god yes. I'm so glad to finally have a Taro Yoko game with a budget. This is everything I could have have ever wanted. I was a little worried that having a big studio behind him would force him to cut down on the crazy, but the second boss is already one of the most beautifully bizarre things I've ever seen. I could screech about this game all week. Of course, I could be a little biased. :P
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 10:50:28 am by doctorlaudanum »
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.