Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 514810 times)

kashell

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3420 on: September 29, 2017, 08:22:43 am »
even more than Valkyria Revolution.
And man didn't that game drop quick.  I saw it for like $10 not too long after release.  Still passed on it at that price.

I got it for free.

I wouldn't say I paid too much, but...ya know...

soera

« Reply #3421 on: September 29, 2017, 09:50:58 am »
I'm the minority, but Ys VIII is the only game in the series that I actually dropped. It's not good. ;__; It's definitely my biggest disappointment of the year; even more than Valkyria Revolution.

This shocks me. How long did you play it?

kashell

« Reply #3422 on: September 29, 2017, 10:22:15 am »
I'm the minority, but Ys VIII is the only game in the series that I actually dropped. It's not good. ;__; It's definitely my biggest disappointment of the year; even more than Valkyria Revolution.

I got about 22 hours into it before I had enough.

EDIT: I really don't want to dissuade anyone from checking out the game because there are some good things going for it. It just wore me out and felt so far-removed from what makes Ys so great. Ys 7 and Memories of Celceta were fantastic, so I don't mind the series' new direction and definitely recommend both of those.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:25:12 am by kashell »

« Reply #3423 on: September 29, 2017, 03:21:41 pm »
Well they updated Super Mario Run, so I tried to play the new level and they blocked them behind challenges requiring me to replay the old levels a bunch to unlock them.  This continues to be the worst modern Mario game lol

spac316

« Reply #3424 on: September 29, 2017, 05:23:58 pm »
Playing Cuphead on XB1 and I really like it!

« Reply #3425 on: September 29, 2017, 10:26:40 pm »
Yeah I grabbed Cuphead too on PC and it's pretty good.  Definitely challenging, but a fair challenge as I'm not someone that likes hard games that are just hard for hard sake.  That's never fun to me, but so far it's been a good time and the art is amazing.  Everything is unique in this, which is impressive for sure.

shepard11

« Reply #3426 on: September 30, 2017, 08:54:25 pm »
Even though I got Destiny 2 and I've been playing it for about an hour a day. I'm really loving my Wii U. So I've been playing Smash Bros Wii U, Breath of the Wild and Shovel Knight. I don't regret trading for this system.

« Reply #3427 on: September 30, 2017, 09:39:47 pm »
Grabbed Cuphead on the Xbone and played local co-op with my friend. Had a blast so far.
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy XIV, Overwatch, Persona 3/4/5

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #3428 on: October 01, 2017, 03:56:46 am »
First impressions of White Day are cautiously optimistic. (I technically already played it on PC, but it's been so many years and the fan translation was so bad that I barely remember any of it.) I bumbled into the first ghost only to promptly get my head caved in by the janitor. Good times. Kinda wishing they updated the save system since I think limited saves are anti-fun, but I'm digging the atmosphere so far, even if the ghosts are a little too jumpscare-happy for my tastes. The new character models look really nice. Some of the animations look pretty jank, though. The janitor's introductory cutscene made it look like he was just giving a few light taps to that student's noggin. Blah blah, it's October. Time to dive into some proper horror games!
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

kashell

« Reply #3429 on: October 01, 2017, 01:52:52 pm »
Definitely time for horror games! The Suffering and Kuon are on my to-do list.

kevininja

« Reply #3430 on: October 01, 2017, 04:48:54 pm »
Got some games lined up for October as well! Let's beat some horror games!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 04:51:20 pm by kevininja »

« Reply #3431 on: October 01, 2017, 11:28:26 pm »
King Dice is driving me nuts in Cuphead.  I don't feel like his specific fight is particularly well designed as it's too easy to screw up and not in "Oh, I just gotta get better" kind of way, like the other fights, but more "It looks like I can land here, but I can't" kind of way.  He's not even actually hard, but even if I manage to save up extra hearts, I lose them so fast.  This game be some tough shit and I still got another fight after this.

soera

« Reply #3432 on: October 01, 2017, 11:33:06 pm »

EDIT: I really don't want to dissuade anyone from checking out the game because there are some good things going for it. It just wore me out and felt so far-removed from what makes Ys so great. Ys 7 and Memories of Celceta were fantastic, so I don't mind the series' new direction and definitely recommend both of those.

I really think you should keep going on it. Im about 70 hours in and its all I think about.

kashell

« Reply #3433 on: October 02, 2017, 08:20:31 am »

I really think you should keep going on it. Im about 70 hours in and its all I think about.

We'll see. I'm still thoroughly enjoying Dungeon Travelers 2, which will likely last me a long time. Then I plan on playing the second part of Utawarerumono while the story is still somewhat fresh in my head. However, once I'm done with that I'm not sure what's next in terms of a portable title.

But - I'm glad you're enjoying it.

« Reply #3434 on: October 02, 2017, 08:32:47 am »
I don't know quite why, but I felt like jumping back into Fallout, so I started playing Fallout 4 with mods.  I'm basically playing Fallout as if it were Minecraft, building a base and just wasting time.  But I'm enjoying it.