Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 504923 times)

desocietas

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #150 on: July 05, 2012, 07:22:19 pm »
Playing my first Fire Emblem game on Gamecube, already addicted.  I should have played these a long time ago with how much I enjoy Strategy RPGs

The saddest part about the FE games for me is the lost of characters with whom you've grown attached... never to be revived again! (unless you replay the game)

That's the best part. It means every strategic decision is important, and you can't just zerg and objective and rez folks after.

Yeah, it was definitely a good thing, but also made me sad when I lost someone.  Definitely different from the factory output of mobs in Advance Wars.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #151 on: July 05, 2012, 08:42:55 pm »
Playing my first Fire Emblem game on Gamecube, already addicted.  I should have played these a long time ago with how much I enjoy Strategy RPGs

The saddest part about the FE games for me is the lost of characters with whom you've grown attached... never to be revived again! (unless you replay the game)

That's the best part. It means every strategic decision is important, and you can't just zerg and objective and rez folks after.

Yeah, it was definitely a good thing, but also made me sad when I lost someone.  Definitely different from the factory output of mobs in Advance Wars.

Oh! you mean they perma die?  I'm glad no one has died yet!

amauriel

« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2012, 02:20:08 am »
Theatrhythm. I've played it most of the day, on and off. I haven't gotten so immediately hooked on a game in a LONG time. And then I took a nap this evening, and Ronalopolis stole it from my 3DS so that he could start it. It's been a long time since we've both put time into a new game, especially on the first day we've had it.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #153 on: July 06, 2012, 09:17:53 am »
I started playing A Link to the Past again.  It was picked for the community gaming on Retrowaretv.com.  So, I thought I would give the community gaming thing shot.  Anyway, I forgot how fun this game is.  I play it once about every 5 years and I'm suprised how well it's held up everytime.

« Reply #154 on: July 06, 2012, 11:50:01 am »
Starhawk, Dragon Quest 9 (DS)
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!

desocietas

« Reply #155 on: July 06, 2012, 12:57:56 pm »
I started playing A Link to the Past again.  It was picked for the community gaming on Retrowaretv.com.  So, I thought I would give the community gaming thing shot.  Anyway, I forgot how fun this game is.  I play it once about every 5 years and I'm suprised how well it's held up everytime.

Community gaming! that's a pretty neat idea, kind of like a book club, but for video games (that might be a little harder to get a hold of, depending on the title)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2012, 01:03:11 pm »
We vote the month before on the game. It's usually something that's easy to get ahold of either cheap, on a collection, xbox live, or something like that.

amauriel

« Reply #157 on: July 06, 2012, 02:02:57 pm »
I've never participated, but there is a subreddit for something like this as well. They pick like 5 games, of different styles/backgrounds/systems, at a time, and you join the discussion for what you want to play.

Just so others know about it if they are interested: http://www.reddit.com/r/GameSociety/
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

soera

« Reply #158 on: July 06, 2012, 11:49:49 pm »

Probably one of the top 10 greatest games of all time.

jcalder8

« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2012, 05:16:31 pm »
I just started playing 2 new games today:
Rhapsody for the DS
Alan Wake for the 360

madmax

« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2012, 03:44:55 am »
Still playing a little Diablo 3
I'm also wasting time on Tribes: ascend. It's fun, mindless and really easy.

Endless Space is a new release I really want to try.

« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2012, 02:57:15 pm »

Oh! you mean they perma die?  I'm glad no one has died yet!

Yep... perma death :( The game was really easy at first, getting my arse handed to me in one particular battle.  Why the game would have level 1 characters join you mid fight i don't know, but they suck.

desocietas

« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2012, 03:07:26 pm »
Yep... perma death :( The game was really easy at first, getting my arse handed to me in one particular battle.  Why the game would have level 1 characters join you mid fight i don't know, but they suck.

Yeah, it's a tricky thing to deal with.  And when they die, all I think about is how it affects the other characters (what I'm missing out on, etc.).  So stressful!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2012, 05:08:50 pm »
After I finish Dragon Quest V. I'm prolly gonna start up Persona 3 FES and finally finish it. This time without worrying about optimization of Social Links and skills and just have fun with it. One of the reasons I stopped playing last time was because I was following a strict schedule on what to do when and where.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #164 on: July 11, 2012, 02:43:17 pm »
I just finished Alan Wake and the two bonus episodes. The main game has good writing, but the two bonus episodes... I didn't like very much. They're okay, I'm glad they were free on PC. :p

I'm not sure what to tackle next...