Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 515797 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #3675 on: March 09, 2018, 10:34:54 am »
Just started playing Panzer Dragoon Orta....AGAIN.
I don’t know what it is about this game, I just get more engrossed in it than most games. The art, the music, the fleshed-out world, the exciting gameplay...and it’s just frickin’ FUN.
Finished level 3 last night (I love that boss). On to the Imperial armada...

It really is a masterpiece.

« Reply #3676 on: March 09, 2018, 10:13:12 pm »
I did the same thing back in I think 2016 when I finally played through this, got the hardest celestial weapons to get, shitty race and lightning dodging included, but when faced with the idea of still having to play for 10s of hours, I just couldn't get myself to set into that end game grind. I just went in and finished it and rolled through the final boss so easily thanks to being well over-leveled lol.

I just found out about the easy as crap AP thing from the Monster Arena.... so i've been a little inspired. I think I might actually give it a go. never got a platinum before so this was be awesome for a first one.

I definitely considered it looking at that but it still looked like a bit more of a grind than I was into, go for it though it would definitely be a solid first platinum.

arkaneer

« Reply #3677 on: March 12, 2018, 10:58:38 am »
Started playing DiRT 4.

I'm a sucker for a good rally game but DiRT Rally was just too damn hard to enjoy. So far DiRT 4 seems a lot more forgiving.

telly

« Reply #3678 on: March 12, 2018, 02:24:50 pm »
Beat Xenoblade Chronicles X and and Shantae on 3DS! Now Playing Super Mario RPG
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

azure

« Reply #3679 on: March 12, 2018, 09:25:34 pm »
That's a slew of great games right there!

« Reply #3680 on: March 13, 2018, 02:39:25 am »
Playing a Ratchet and Clank game for the first time ever.  Back in that PS2 era when all these games started coming out, I was kinda bummed when we began moving away from the platformers of the previous gen and sorta lost interest in the genre.  Jak & Daxter was kinda the last one before that series changed also, so I never played any Jak game passed the first one (might've played a little bit of 2), any Ratchet and Clank, no Sly Cooper, nada.  Figured now is as good of a time as any with the 2016 remake up on PS+ for free.  Off to a good start.  Visually pretty fantastic, gameplay is fine, though this camera feels stiff and slow for some reason.  About my only complaint.

telly

« Reply #3681 on: March 13, 2018, 08:46:22 am »
That's a slew of great games right there!

Yeah! I have a lot of good stuff to play right now :)
Currently Playing:

« Reply #3682 on: March 13, 2018, 03:01:57 pm »
Im trying to get into Demon's Souls.

telly

« Reply #3683 on: March 13, 2018, 06:44:15 pm »
I just beat Demon's Souls last summer! Great game.
Currently Playing:

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3684 on: March 16, 2018, 12:04:43 pm »
Geez...
Finally completed stage 4 of Panzer Dragoon Orta.
I got stuck at the exact same point last time I played through it. I can get through the “Gigantic Fleet” and that statue boss just fine, but immediately afterwards you have to fight off a squadron of dragonmares. I always get to them with maybe a third of my full energy and then get creamed. Continuing from the boss battle doesn’t help because I still start with low energy.

When you save and quit the game starts you at the very beginning of the level, so when I got back to it last night I was able to play through the whole level with a significant amount of energy left. THEN I was able to beat them. On to Eternal Glacies...

On a side note, man that Glide Wing form can be useful in certain situations. I have a tendency to ignore it, but it was a huge help in that level.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:07:48 pm by undertakerprime »

deftommo

« Reply #3685 on: March 19, 2018, 10:23:23 am »
I'm on to-

Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age (slowly working through it)
Nier Automata (on second playthrough)
Metal Gear Survive
Shadow of the Colossus (for the 20th time, not on PS4)
Ratchet and Clank (thanks PS+)

« Reply #3686 on: March 19, 2018, 10:29:36 pm »
Tried playing the Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation game that I got free on Twitch and right off the bat didn't like it.  I've been kinda looking for D&D and related stuff, which there isn't much of outside of the tabletop game, so was kinda interested in checking out what seems like a more pure setup of a D&D game, but nothing feels right.  Not that I'm a hardcore D&D player, I've only played in a game for abit and watched a lot of streams, but I got the basics down enough to know.

There's no character customization in any way, that's a big factor in D&D.  There's a lot of just outright randomness to it with these clunky puzzle board pieces which I assume are meant to be kind of a rogue-like type of deal, but in just the little time I played, I was getting hit by so many random things, I didn't know what was going on.  Like why did I get disadvantaged randomly or why was I stunned, it was never very obvious.  They introduce some weird adrenaline mechanic to avoid some of the randomness, but this isn't a D&D mechanic.  Also I didn't understand the attack rolls, because I very clearly rolled low in fight or two, but still killed the skeleton.  I barely lasted like 10 minutes past the tutorial because none of it feels right.  It's also weirdly quiet with no narration or voices for characters and kinda just a quiet background track.

If they were trying to emulate D&D, I don't feel like they did it, as the whole things seems real budget, which is why its probably this way.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:33:28 pm by kamikazekeeg »

kevininja

« Reply #3687 on: March 20, 2018, 09:31:38 am »
Finished the first episode of The Wolf Among Us and I really liked it! Can't wait to tackle the rest of the episodes this week.

« Reply #3688 on: March 20, 2018, 09:36:59 pm »
Did anyone pick up Attack on Titan 2? I feel like the Titans are kinda buggy when you get their legs off and they sorta freak out.  I don't remember this from the first game at all, like they are animating weirdly so it makes them extra jittery and hard to attack.

*EDIT*

I know Koei Tecmo basically has all these musou-styled games being pumped out on a conveyor belt, and asset re-use is what they do, but did they really need to copy over the first games maps and story entirely here? Been playing for like 5 hours and I'm still not into the Season 2 content.  I am liking the game, even with the weird animation nonsense, but the first AoT game already exists, it didn't need to be essentially "remastered".  Going through it all with slight tweaks because I have a custom character doesn't really refresh things.  I guess for new players this is good, but how many people will just buy this one, without going "Oh, I better play the first game first, and then this?"

Well heads up, if you wanted to play Attack on Titan, just play Attack on Titan 2.  It's just the first game with more features and eventually more content lol
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 06:06:54 am by kamikazekeeg »

telly

« Reply #3689 on: March 22, 2018, 10:47:19 pm »
I've been playing Super Mario RPG and enjoying it! Up to 3 Stars now.
Currently Playing: