Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 505046 times)

foxhack

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #675 on: August 13, 2013, 02:25:48 pm »
Heh you didnt misspell anything. Rogue is the correct spelling. Rouge is makeup. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rouge_the_Bat

Knuckles, Egg - Man, Rouge? Get it? :P

soera

« Reply #676 on: August 13, 2013, 03:04:29 pm »
I was thinking of something else. One of the most misspelled words on Everquest was actually the word "rogue". So many people called it rouge and never realized/ever knew it was wrong.

« Reply #677 on: August 13, 2013, 04:21:12 pm »
Heh you didnt misspell anything. Rogue is the correct spelling. Rouge is makeup. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rouge_the_Bat

Knuckles, Egg - Man, Rouge? Get it? :P

Rouge - Red?

scott

« Reply #678 on: August 13, 2013, 04:28:02 pm »
There all calling rogue "rouge" and their all looking like a bunch of idiots over they're.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #679 on: August 13, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »
beat Assassin's Creed III
by far an improvement over revelations, but not one I plan on going back to anytime soon
kinda curious though about how they will start Assassin's Creed IV after that ending

foxhack

« Reply #680 on: August 16, 2013, 03:12:55 pm »
I gave up on Sonic Adventure DX for the time being.

I'm re-backing up my Steam games (I burn DVD backups every so often since some of these games are pretty large) and I installed Grin's Bionic Commando sequel. I've been playing it for the past three days and I'm really enjoying it, but I also see why everyone hated it so much. Some of the level checkpoints are at places that make no sense, like in the stage I'm in. The game, up until that point, always saved your spot when you reached certain data access points. But not in this one, you have to go a bit further than that to autosave. I missed a jump after that point and died and had to redo the level again. :P

I'm glad my PC can run it at the highest settings. I'm just wondering how console players dealt with the constant loading due to you getting killed...

desocietas

« Reply #681 on: August 16, 2013, 05:20:57 pm »
I gave up on Sonic Adventure DX for the time being.

I'm re-backing up my Steam games (I burn DVD backups every so often since some of these games are pretty large) and I installed Grin's Bionic Commando sequel. I've been playing it for the past three days and I'm really enjoying it, but I also see why everyone hated it so much. Some of the level checkpoints are at places that make no sense, like in the stage I'm in. The game, up until that point, always saved your spot when you reached certain data access points. But not in this one, you have to go a bit further than that to autosave. I missed a jump after that point and died and had to redo the level again. :P

I'm glad my PC can run it at the highest settings. I'm just wondering how console players dealt with the constant loading due to you getting killed...

Hm, that's an interesting idea.  Can you play stuff off of the DVDs or does it just act as an easier way to reinstall a game vs relying on Steam's servers?  I'm thinking I need to start storing things off the hard disk when there're not things that are immediately important (movies, pictures, games).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #682 on: August 16, 2013, 05:44:54 pm »
Hm, that's an interesting idea.  Can you play stuff off of the DVDs or does it just act as an easier way to reinstall a game vs relying on Steam's servers?  I'm thinking I need to start storing things off the hard disk when there're not things that are immediately important (movies, pictures, games).
Steam has a "Backup games" feature that compresses an entire game into archives which can be 640 MB or 4.1 GB in size, then you can save these files to whatever. Steam suggests "burning" these files to disc but that's been broken for years, so you're better off archiving the backups with a compression utility (like WinRAR or 7zip) at no compression, then store that somewhere safe. Then just extract the archive to the backup folder and restore from there. The problem is that it takes a lot of time to backup huge games. FEAR 1, for example, took me 25 minutes since it was 13 GB... and you can't do anything else with Steam while it's doing the backup. The backup ended up being 7 GB so it works well with some games that don't already have compressed graphics or audio.

This -doesn't- save any game saves created by the game. And if your archive is old, then Steam will automatically update the game after it's finished restoring it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 05:47:18 pm by foxhack »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #683 on: August 17, 2013, 02:13:21 pm »
WWE '13

I love playing through the Attitude Era storyline and reliving the days when wrestling was actually good. But damn is this game challenging. I feel like a kid wanting to throw my controller half the time.

The game's A.I. is amazing, though. Last night I was playing as Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker in the famous Hell In a Cell match from '97. I have Undertaker down on the mat. I climb the turnbuckle and launch with a flying elbow. Undertaker sits right the hell up, just like on the show, and catches me mid-air, and turns it into a Tombstone Piledriver. Freaking insane! I was blown away. Then I barely freaking kick out, 1, 2, and half, kick out! Oh man! If you've ever liked wrestling, you really need to play this one.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #684 on: August 18, 2013, 02:47:03 am »
Trying to play Payday 2, but Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate keeps me away still....  How do I get free~?!

foxhack

« Reply #685 on: August 18, 2013, 04:13:23 pm »
I just finished Bionic Commando 2009.

I'm not sure how to feel about that ending. Or what came after it. I'm just sad we'll never see a sequel to this game.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #686 on: August 18, 2013, 04:39:04 pm »
Just an hour or 2 into Rainbow Moon.

So far, I'm liking it - it has a pretty nice "old-school" JRPG style & feel to it.

Anyone else here played it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #687 on: August 19, 2013, 12:56:00 am »
Playing the original Ratchet and Clank, but the PS3 HD version.

It's really quite good!  It's also pretty tough.  In the later levels, the checkpoints are pretty unforgiving, and there is a semi-annoying mechanic where several of the enemies have a greater range with their weapons then you have with yours.  Still, I'm having a rocking good time with it!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #688 on: September 02, 2013, 01:59:14 pm »

Getting towards the end of Golden Sun: The Lost Age (pretty sure I am, at least, I'm in the Western Sea), playing it on the Game Boy Player on my GameCube. And I'm loving it! Even better than the first game, and longer. I love the mixture of JRPG elements and Zelda-like puzzles. And despite the story admittedly not really being that deep or interesting, there's just something likable about the world and the characters.

I went ahead and ordered Golden Sun: Dark Dawn of DS off of eBay, it's on it's way!

soera

« Reply #689 on: September 02, 2013, 03:38:43 pm »
Been messing around with the Wii punch out. Kind of fun although some of the fights are frustrating (but thats all the punch out games).