Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 505004 times)

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #1425 on: July 20, 2014, 10:27:01 pm »
Street Fighter IV! Got the Ultra pre-order which gives you Super Street Fighter and all the costumes, so been playing that with my friend.  Really excited to get my arcade stick in this week to see how I like utilizing one.

Also at a gamer hangout last night, we passed around NES Remix which is pretty entertaining.  I'm probably gonna grab NES Remix 2 since I have saved up eshop money cause it's a really good party thing I think.

What did you get for an arcade stick?

I went with the Madcatz fightstick pro.

90snostalga

« Reply #1426 on: July 22, 2014, 12:10:35 am »
Going to play Resident Evil 3: Nemesis on the PC!   :)  Programmed the buttons for the 360 controller and i'm ready to kick some Nemesis ***!   :D

BBowles

« Reply #1427 on: July 22, 2014, 01:34:29 am »
I'm extremely indecisive when it comes to playing my games, and I have a huge backlog...so I've had to "schedule" myself to play certain systems on certain days just to get started working through my games lol.

Tuesdays are PS2 days, so....I'm starting Dark Cloud today :)

90snostalga

« Reply #1428 on: July 22, 2014, 02:51:31 am »
I'm extremely indecisive when it comes to playing my games, and I have a huge backlog...so I've had to "schedule" myself to play certain systems on certain days just to get started working through my games lol.

Tuesdays are PS2 days, so....I'm starting Dark Cloud today :)

BBowles, this actually sounds like a good interesting idea.  I'm going to look into it for my self.  Thanks for the idea  :)

« Reply #1429 on: July 22, 2014, 03:10:56 am »
...currently: Final Fantasy X-2 (ps2)
Just beat Chrono Cross.

tripredacus

« Reply #1430 on: July 22, 2014, 11:34:46 am »
My current rotation is as such (all on PC atm, taking a console break)

Civilization V: Large map, epic from ancient era as France (Napolean) focusing on Economic tree and Order on Chieftain difficulty. Map has currently 6 other Civs, lots of war and I am technologically behind but have enough sea power to keep the other stronger Civs at bay.

Far Cry 3: Not fond of the save system, and my progress is in the 16-18% range. Not particularly caring about full completion or trophies since all the trophies are on uPlay (Ubisoft network) and not on Steam, even though the game launches through Steam. Using invincibility cheat.

Diablo III: Recently started playing this one again, after an 8-12 month break. Good on Battle.net for not deleting characters or accounts due to inactivity. The game is a lot better than at launch. The auction house being gone is not big deal. Drops are fairly decent. The only oddity is that all my chars are back in Normal difficulty for some reason.

Skyrim: I've completed just about everything to do. Not aiming at full achievement set and I've started to goof off a little... for example there is a death warrant out of me in Solitude.

Sims 3: My initial impression wasn't very good but it has grown on me. I would someday like to get some of the add-on packs. I created a family based on my best friend's childhood home, creating the characters based on how (close enough) I can create Sims of his parents and his brother. I plan on trying to create my own town, or maybe just a custom house, in the future.

Games installed but out of rotation due to reliability (crashing) issues: Goat Simulator, Next Car Game.
Games installed but on a break: Quake 3
Games installed but can't play due to misplacing game disc: Sims 2 (which I prefer) and has almost all the add-on packs I had picked up at thrift stores.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1431 on: July 22, 2014, 11:54:47 am »
Going to play Resident Evil 3: Nemesis on the PC!   :)  Programmed the buttons for the 360 controller and i'm ready to kick some Nemesis ***!   :D

How is that? A lot of the time, popular console games don't have good ports on PC (and vice-versa).

scott

« Reply #1432 on: July 22, 2014, 12:08:58 pm »
Etrian Odyssey IV (3DS) and Borderlands 2 (PC).

Set down EO1 in favor of EO4. Mostly because I seemed to have better progress in EO4 than 1. Its a great game and I am really enjoying my party. Plus the music is kick ass.

Picked up Borderlands 2 Game of the Year for $15 in Steam during the Summer Sale. Been playing the crap out of it with Varkias and his buddy. Currently at level 50 with a melee focused zer0 and we are attempting Ultimate Vault Hunter mode.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

90snostalga

« Reply #1433 on: July 22, 2014, 03:57:06 pm »

How is that? A lot of the time, popular console games don't have good ports on PC (and vice-versa).

What you mean?  I have an actual copy of Resident Evil 3 for PC.  I don't have the Playstation or Dreamcast version

90snostalga

« Reply #1434 on: July 22, 2014, 04:06:20 pm »

Sims 3: My initial impression wasn't very good but it has grown on me. I would someday like to get some of the add-on packs. I created a family based on my best friend's childhood home, creating the characters based on how (close enough) I can create Sims of his parents and his brother. I plan on trying to create my own town, or maybe just a custom house, in the future.

I've never played any of the Sims games other than the old DOS one from '89, but I really want to try the "Sims 4" coming up very bad.  I dont know why but It feels right and has gotten my interest.  Thanks for your thread because its makes me feel more confident in the Sims 4 when it comes out  :)

foxhack

« Reply #1435 on: July 22, 2014, 04:47:57 pm »

The Resident Evil ports for 2 and Nemesis were decent.  It's just that they're a product of their time, and they may not work correctly - or at all - on modern hardware and operating systems.

4's original port was horrible. The HD version fixed those issues.

90snostalga

« Reply #1436 on: July 22, 2014, 06:16:06 pm »

I'm sorry.  I understand what you mean now.  My apologies.  Resident Evil 3 is actually pretty good on the pc for me so far.  I originally had it on my Windows 8 laptop but like Fox said, theres issues with new Windows.  It kept freezing up every 15 seconds.  So I just installed it on Windows XP with the Gameport Microsoft Sidewinder and its great!  The Sidewinder is pre programmed with the controls and its not that bad on pc  :)

tripredacus

« Reply #1437 on: July 22, 2014, 06:27:34 pm »

I've never played any of the Sims games other than the old DOS one from '89, but I really want to try the "Sims 4" coming up very bad.  I dont know why but It feels right and has gotten my interest.  Thanks for your thread because its makes me feel more confident in the Sims 4 when it comes out  :)

I'll wait on it. Initial info about it makes me on the fence about it... such as how it is DLC everything. Heck all the Sims games are like that, yet they have many (sometimes stupid) expansion packs. At least for 2 (and someday 3) those packs were sold in stores, so I can wait until I find one for $3 instead of buying them for $20 now. If Sims 4 does away with retail FPP and goes digital DLC only, then I'm out.

90snostalga

« Reply #1438 on: July 23, 2014, 12:09:06 am »

I'll wait on it. Initial info about it makes me on the fence about it... such as how it is DLC everything. Heck all the Sims games are like that, yet they have many (sometimes stupid) expansion packs. At least for 2 (and someday 3) those packs were sold in stores, so I can wait until I find one for $3 instead of buying them for $20 now. If Sims 4 does away with retail FPP and goes digital DLC only, then I'm out.

I did not know this and I'm glad you mentioned it.  I'm not a fan of digital DLC only either.  This will certainly influence my decision on the Sims 4.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #1439 on: July 23, 2014, 05:57:18 am »
I've been playing quite a bit of Ace Combat Infinity as of late....  Though I'm generally turned off by free to play games, I just like Ace Combat too much so I'm struggling through it....