Author Topic: January 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28952 times)

Warmsignal

Re: January 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 05:37:19 pm »

So I got a CIB 2600 today, spotted it at an Antique store. Has everything, including the manual, some games, and an Atari branded leather wrapped cart folder with more games, cost me $45. This particular unit was originally purchased at Montgomery Wards for $139.99. I like 2600, even if the games can't hold my attention long, it's a console that I'll admit I like collecting for just to collect and it's affordable to do so. I think it's high time I pull out my stash and VG Collect my 2600 games.

Also managed to pick up a few childhood favorites today as well. It feels good when you can just go out on the town and find nice stuff. It's really hard to manage these days, depending on where you live.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:50:13 pm by Warmsignal »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2015, 09:51:59 pm »

So I got a CIB 2600 today, spotted it at an Antique store. Has everything, including the manual, some games, and an Atari branded leather wrapped cart folder with more games, cost me $45. This particular unit was originally purchased at Montgomery Wards for $139.99. I like 2600, even if the games can't hold my attention long, it's a console that I'll admit I like collecting for just to collect and it's affordable to do so. I think it's high time I pull out my stash and VG Collect my 2600 games.

Alright, I'm jealous. :) Nice pickup my friend I have everything pictured above except the swell case and box. I just love Atari 2600. :)

jcalder8

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2015, 01:47:50 am »
No picture but I'm really happy with my latest purchase. I bought the Spartan version of the Halo 3 controller with a chat pad for $10.

pacpix

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 02:47:10 am »
That boxed 4 switch 2600 is nice!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2015, 11:31:16 am »
Picked up a spare wii with fit balance board and a few other games all for 20.
Also got Super Spy Hunter on NES. Neat little lesser known shmup

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2015, 01:19:40 pm »
Picked up a spare wii with fit balance board and a few other games all for 20.
Also got Super Spy Hunter on NES. Neat little lesser known shmup

Super Spy Hunter is a good game and hard to find in the wild.

Fixed a typo from my iPhone! :P It is not a game to "avoid" as my previous post indicated. :P
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:21:23 pm by dashv »

devancowan

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2015, 04:41:30 pm »
Picked up Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for pretty cheap today. Has anyone played this? How is it?

jcalder8

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2015, 04:55:51 pm »
Picked up Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for pretty cheap today. Has anyone played this? How is it?
I put a bit of time into and I enjoyed it.

devancowan

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2015, 05:17:12 pm »

Thanks! I'm about to try it out right now! Cheers! :)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2015, 06:22:46 pm »
No picture. But my Metroid Prime: Zero Mission arrived yesterday. Popped it in to test the battery and ended up playing it for 3 hours. Man what a great game!

It also was the last Metroid game I needed to complete the series! :)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2015, 07:02:53 pm »

Thanks! I'm about to try it out right now! Cheers! :)

You will get tired of the one temple but otherwise it's a fun game

...anyways
got Darksiders 2 on the Wii U today.

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2015, 07:16:01 pm »
Halo combat evolved strategy guide for $1

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2015, 08:48:13 pm »
No picture. But my Metroid Prime: Zero Mission arrived yesterday. Popped it in to test the battery and ended up playing it for 3 hours. Man what a great game!

YEAH! Funny enough that was the first Metroid game I played all the way through back when it was new. I remember it helped pump me up to buy Metroid Prime 2 which came out a later that year. Retrospectively I think it was too similar to the original game but that's all I need to be! -Just with updated controls and features. Really one of the best.

theflea

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2015, 11:04:04 pm »
after watching a fellow game collector's new year's resolution on getting a complete Dreamcast collection, I figured I'd join him on his Dreamquest and finish my collection as well. So first I hit my local stores and found only a couple titles, then hit ebay and found many make offers and tried my luck getting some deals. and out of the 30 offers i sent out about 10 accepted. also made an offer on a Saturn game i've been watching for and got a deal.  :D

3DS
- Spirit Camera

DC
- Web Browser 2.0 (has Sega Swirl on it)
- Championship Surfer
- NCAA College Football 2K2
- Sports Jam
- Caesar's Palace 2000
- Seventh Cross Evolution (sealed)
- Charge N' Blast (sealed)
- Armada
- Mr. Driller
- Bangai-O
- Illbleed

SAT
- Princess Crown (JP)

Only 59 games to go til my 10,000th item in my collection.  ::)

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:48:58 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

maximo310

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2015, 11:14:02 pm »
after watching a fellow game collector's new year's resolution on getting a complete Dreamcast collection, I figured I'd join him on his Dreamquest and finish my collection as well. So first I hit my local stores and found only a couple titles, then hit ebay and found many make offers and tried my luck getting some deals. and out of the 30 offers i sent out about 10 accepted. also made an offer on a Saturn game i've been watching for and got a deal.  :D

3DS
- Spirit Camera

DC
- Web Browser 2.0 (has Sega Swirl on it)
- Championship Surfer
- NCAA College Football 2K2
- Sports Jam
- Caesar's Palace 2000
- Seventh Cross Evolution (sealed)
- Charge N' Blast (sealed)
- Armada
- Mr. Driller
- Bangai-O
- Illbleed

SAT
- Princess Crown (JP)

You got some really nice finds, especially that Bangai-0 there. Both bangai-o and bangai-o spirits are awesome games, and have tons of replayability, so I hope you enjoy it and the rest of your finds. Mr. Driller's a pretty cool puzzle game, and Princess Crown is a interesting action rpg.