Author Topic: Proudest Gaming Accomplishments.  (Read 7060 times)

Re: Proudest Gaming Accomplishments.
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2015, 01:25:32 pm »
Winning my friend's tekken tournament whilst dressed as a monkey.

Getting in the top 100 on star wars battle front 2.

Getting a 100m time of less than 8 seconds on track and field.

Beating final fantasy 7 for the first-ever time.

Turning my wife and daughter into gamers and collectors.

Beating Ruby. :)

I think ruby is the only one I didn't beat.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2015, 06:15:19 pm »
Winning my friend's tekken tournament whilst dressed as a monkey.

Getting in the top 100 on star wars battle front 2.

Getting a 100m time of less than 8 seconds on track and field.

Beating final fantasy 7 for the first-ever time.

Turning my wife and daughter into gamers and collectors.

Beating Ruby. :)

I think ruby is the only one I didn't beat.

Emerald and the other one were easy. Ruby was a *&@#_. In order to stand a chance you need to kill off two of your party members before even going into the fight.

Don't revive them until he buries his hands in the sand.

Be sure everyone has their ultimate weapons, the ribbon, combo, and mime materias.

I spammed him with Bahamut Zero combos w summoned with Bahamut Zero and mimed it. Whatever you do... DO NOT USE KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND. Every time I did he just immediately kicked my ass.

I had my characters at level 80 and it still took 2 hours to beat him. Meaning one fight itself beginning to end took 2 hours.

80% of that time was sitting through the Bahamut Zero summon sequence.

Afterwards I fought Sephiroth's final form and beat him in about 10 minutes. It was kind of anti-climactic.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:19:58 pm by dashv »

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2015, 06:41:53 pm »
It was before I had internet so I had no idea. Buying gaming magazines hoping they would tell me. But nothing.

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2015, 09:12:41 pm »
I play game music on guitar. I love Zelda music, but I could never figure out what the third chord was in the bridge of the Dark World theme in A Link to the Past. After downloading the .spc and doing some research I figured out that it's an F# minor major 7th flat 5th. I feel like that step was an accomplishment in applying my love for game music to practical knowledge.  ;D

maximo310

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2015, 11:15:22 pm »
I play game music on guitar. I love Zelda music, but I could never figure out what the third chord was in the bridge of the Dark World theme in A Link to the Past. After downloading the .spc and doing some research I figured out that it's an F# minor major 7th flat 5th. I feel like that step was an accomplishment in applying my love for game music to practical knowledge.  ;D
Sounds pretty cool. I convert vg music to piano, and I'd like to hear any of you works sometime.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2015, 07:22:30 am »
Sounds pretty cool. I convert vg music to piano, and I'd like to hear any of you works sometime.

give a listen to "Via Infinito" (from FFX-2) on youtube!

beautiful (and from what I've been told) not the easiest piece on a piano.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"