Author Topic: Street Fighter II... Now on Virtual Boy!  (Read 1490 times)

Street Fighter II... Now on Virtual Boy!
« on: February 11, 2015, 01:31:04 pm »
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/02/finally_street_fighter_ii_has_been_ported_to_the_nintendo_virtual_boy

So this happened.  It is not being sold online as that would, of course, draw the ire of Capcom.  But does anyone know how to get a hold of it?

indenton

Re: Street Fighter II... Now on Virtual Boy!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 02:46:38 pm »
Well in the video, he said "It's not for sale, so don't bother looking". 
I think he also mentioned that there are several copies, and that they probably won't be able to sell it, containing Capcom property and what-not. 

byron

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 08:11:48 pm »
A commenter on the linked article suggested porting VB games to the 3DS. That actually sounds like an interesting idea.

Am I alone in thinking that Virtual Boy Wario Land in full color on the 3DS would be completely awesome?

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 08:23:30 pm »
The most pointless, but almost most interesting of ports lol

abe

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 08:26:47 pm »
A commenter on the linked article suggested porting VB games to the 3DS. That actually sounds like an interesting idea.

Am I alone in thinking that Virtual Boy Wario Land in full color on the 3DS would be completely awesome?

A full colour Virtual Boy Wario Land the 3DS with an actual colour palette instead of just shades of red? That would be pretty cool. I'd buy that. :D It would be cool if there was some kind of Virtual Boy compilation cartridge for the 3DS that had upgraded ports of all the Virtual Boy games. That's a little unrealistic though, even though there aren't that many VB games. :(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

theflea

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 03:51:36 pm »
I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I could. If anyone finds a site or person making these please let me know. Long as it's not insanely over priced I'll buy it.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 12:21:40 am »
I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I could. If anyone finds a site or person making these please let me know. Long as it's not insanely over priced I'll buy it.

you could only play two fights before your eyes started to bleed.

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 10:11:03 am »

I figured Nintendo would use the 3DS to reintroduce Virtual Boy games in the Virtual Console as, honestly, that could not be more obvious.  But apparently Nintendo does not understand obvious ideas.