Author Topic: Discontinuation of Club Nintendo.  (Read 4340 times)

koemo1

PRO Supporter

Re: Discontinuation of Club Nintendo.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 04:23:29 am »
Omg why!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

spac316

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 05:14:00 am »
More info. http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/
So it seems that there could be a new customer loyalty program in the future. I don't understand the logic behind this since the current one works just fine, imo. But whatever.

Anyway, yeah it sucks but I'm not surprised. The rewards as of late have been very sadly few and far between. Also the poor excuse for a Gold/Platinum reward last year was indeed a sign of death.

Hopefully I can at least try to make 700 coins and get the smash bros poster set before June, granted they still have them by then.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:17:50 am by spac316 »

psydswipe

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 05:58:21 am »
I currently have 2890 coins so I hope they add something good in February. Last year's rewards were a disappointment but then I can't complain because I get my registration codes from work. That's what really made the digital offers last year rather worthless to me though as I don't own a 3DS or Wii U. I do have a Wii but none of the gifts were for Wii. Although I don't play a lot of Nintendo games, I just like gaming in general and wanted some cool display types of items when I started using Club Nintendo. All I've managed to get the past few years are some playing cards, a soundtrack, a couple digital games, and some Kirby patches. I got the patches because I had expiring coins and there wasn't much to choose from. While they've had a few decent items for offer since I joined, I was greedy and was always waiting for something better, and I didn't know coins expired until I got that email telling me so  :P

abe

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 06:04:16 am »
It's sad to hear, though I'm not surprised. Club Nintendo seems to have been going downhill as of late, and this seems like the direction it was headed in. I understand that all those physical rewards would've been expensive to make and ship, but it is a bit odd that they didn't just give up on those and move to digital only rewards or something. Well, it was nice while it lasted. :'(
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:07:13 am by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 08:18:37 am »
Wife just told me the news. So sad. I was 40 points off platinum.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 08:24:14 am »
Few weeks ago i orderd the pins. Didnt receive it yet.

But the gifts here werent that good at all for the points you need. So hopefully they start someting better.

argyle

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 09:14:52 am »
Heh, watch them put up something OMG amazing next month now that I've pretty much used all my points. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

bobster

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 09:22:30 am »
Well that's a super bummer. At least I'm already platinum.... But I did just spend all my points on that NES Remix shirt >.<
Currently Playing: The Witcher

devancowan

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 09:23:50 am »
This is very depressing.. I always enjoyed going to club nintendo and seeing what physical rewards they had. Even though they haven't had many good rewards as of late, it seems like a great idea to get feedback on games. I wonder what happens if you have coins left over you are unable to spend?

amauriel

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 09:27:05 am »
The coins just go away, according to the U.S. announcement. Pretty sad, since I have 1500 on there and tons to register. They'd better have a few decent rewards before it goes away. I've sat on these coins for a long time.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 09:27:12 am »
Unfortunate given it's legacy but I'm not sad to see it go. The past few years of the NA branch wasn't that great. Wonder what they're going to have next.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:08:48 pm by badATchaos »

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 09:28:32 am »
Time to cash out I guess. I have a ton of unredeemed club Nintendo points (over 3000). I was waiting for the right reward to pop up and cash out, but now I might as well wait and see war February has to offer and just buy whatever they're selling.

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 09:29:02 am »
The coins just go away, according to the U.S. announcement. Pretty sad, since I have 1500 on there and tons to register. They'd better have a few decent rewards before it goes away. I've sat on these coins for a long time.

me too

retroone

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 09:34:01 am »
This really does stink. I love Club Nintendo! It also bothers me that they are going the "digital only" route. I still will join the "new" club nevertheless, but I am going to miss those cool prizes like posters and stuff.