Author Topic: How trustworthy is LukieGames on condtion?  (Read 2331 times)

Warmsignal

How trustworthy is LukieGames on condtion?
« on: January 22, 2015, 12:02:24 am »
They they are a huge online dealer, they of course use generic descriptions. But the fine print says basically, the game could be jacked up cosmetically and they only guarantee that it works.

When buying online, I almost always buy from the small sellers and people with actual photos. So I'm wondering, do they pedal any crap condition stuff at all? Anyone bought from them and got something less than decent?

foxhack

Re: How trustworthy is LukieGames on condtion?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 01:11:36 am »
Does it have a picture of the item? If not, then look elsewhere.

I don't trust those big eBay sellers to be truthful about an item's condition.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 09:28:32 am »
I've ordered from them dozens of times and have no complaints. As far as online retailers go, I trust them over several others.

I write for a video game/movie/book review blog that can be found here

gf78

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 11:15:13 am »
I do a lot of buying on eBay and ONLY buy from sellers with CLEAR pictures of the actual item as well as a description so I know about any defects in advance.  From my experience in the past, if they don't show the actual item you are buying, you never know what you are getting.  I also feel that a seller who takes the minute to write down any defects in the product you are considering are more trustworthy.  When an item description states "May or may not include book, cover art, etc" and "may show signs of heavy use" I just walk away (figuratively).  Just my two cents.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 12:06:57 pm »
jjgames has better prices than Lukie and provides pictures for each individual item they sell.

They also do free shipping on orders over $50.

I've ordered from them many times with no issues.

Lukie may be fine, but I agree with everyone else here. Go with places that show you what you're getting.

rancesama

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 12:59:34 pm »
I ordered one game from LukieGames and it came perfect. Case and manual. However, I agree with others on the site. I typically don't buy from sellers who don't have a picture of the actual item. Also, sometimes the prices are hit or miss. With a bit of searching, I can usually find the same game elsewhere for a bit cheaper.

Overall, it's not a bad site. I did get what I wanted. But I don't like to gamble by buying games I can't see actual pictures of very often.

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!