Author Topic: Your favourite console, and why?  (Read 10142 times)

Re: Your favourite console, and why?
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2015, 08:58:59 pm »
Although I have some great memories from my SNES and Gamecube, I'm going to cast my vote for my good old Game Boy Advance. Its vast library of SNES remakes eventually led me to buying an actual SNES later, and the e-Reader's small library of NES ports also influenced my decision to purchase an NES a few years after that. Not to mention it has backwards compatibility with the Game Boy/Color library. As such, my top 20 will draw from all 3 generations of Game Boy games.

1. Pokémon Gold
2. Pokémon Emerald
3. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
4. Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
5. Final Fantasy V Advance
6. Super Mario Advance 2
7. Super Mario Advance 4
8. Pokémon FireRed
9. Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
10. e-Reader
11. Advance Wars 2
12. Super Mario Land 2
13. Pokémon Red/Blue
14. Mario Tennis (GBC)
15. Ms. Pac-Man: Special Color Edition
16. Tetris DX
17. Bomberman Quest
18. Super Mario Advance 3
19. Yoshi
20. Pokémon Trading Card Game

I write for a video game/movie/book review blog that can be found here

rancesama

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2015, 03:29:26 pm »
While I am sure its not the "popular" opinion, mine has to be the Wii U.

I know, how can this under selling system be my favorite. I think it really comes down to what features the system has to offer, and how helpful those features are for you. For example, the GamePad has been fantastic as my system is in my living room but often times I want to watch NetFlix, YouTube or play games in bed. The GamePad makes it possible.

Also, the internet browser on the Wii U is great. Thanks to its support of HTML 5, I am able to watch videos on it. This is great as there are a number of anime sites that I like to watch shows on, and the Wii U allows me to watch them. Partner that with Netflix, Amazon Video, Crunchy Roll and Hulu and there is never a lack of things for me to do on the system.

I also have a large collection of Wii games that I can play on the Wii U. The virtual console also makes it possible for me to play some of my favorite NES, SNES and GBA games without having to breakout my old systems. I also love a lot of the games that come out on the eShop, like the NES Remix games.

While not perfect, I also like using Miiverse. Its a great way to talk to others who have the same games I am playing. I find myself surfing some of the communities (like Art Academy) for hours. There are so many talented people out there who can do amazing things with the GamePad.

However, just like with any system, its also the collection of games that makes a system. The Wii U already has a nice collection of games and there are a bunch I am still looking forward too.

Here are just a few of the games I love on the Wii U:

- Bayonetta 2
- Mario Kart 8
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze
- Lego City Undercover
- Hyrule Warriors
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- ZombiU
- Pikmin 3
- The Wonderful 101
- Super Mario 3D World
- NES Remix 1 and 2
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

I also enjoyed some remakes like Wind Waker and Deus Ex but I'm not going to get into  those as they really aren't exclusive, just exclusive features.

Games I'm looking forward too:

- Devil's Third
- Zelda Wii U
- Star Fox
- Mario Maker
- Splatoon
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

See news, reviews and more at Nintendo Frontier!

gf78

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2015, 10:24:37 am »

There isn't a thing wrong with that.   ;)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2015, 02:08:43 pm »
Favorite console? Gah! I have to go with the PlayStation 2. I remember getting a PS2 around Christmas 2003 with Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 and Need for Speed Underground. The PS2 brought so much joy to my life. My friends and I would spend hours on the weekends doing nothing but playing NBA Live and taking turns playing Kingdom Hearts. Not to mention, it served as my DVD player. The fat PS2 is the king of all game systems!

I'll try to list 20+ exclusives I loved on that system:

1. Kingdom Hearts II
2. God of War II
3. Kingdom Hearts
4. Rogue Galaxy
5. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
6. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
7. Final Fantasy XII

.... that's all I got. 20 is hard, lol.

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2015, 06:33:59 pm »
Nintendo 64, just for Ocarina of Time, its the best game ever in my opinion  :)

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2015, 03:08:51 pm »
Playstation 2.

It was my first game console i really started to collect for and is my biggest collection. Also it can play playstation 1 games.  Didnt have to deal with DLC/Half Made Games.  Also alot of games had good quality + very long.

1) Shin Megami Tensei Series (Nocturne, Digital Saga, Devil Summoner)
2) Persona Series ( P3F, P4)
3) Disgaea Series
4) Grandia Series (Grandia II, III and Xtreme)
5) Xenosaga series
6) Atelier Iris Series
7) Tales series
8) .hack series ( original + G.U.)
9) Jade Cocoon
10) Metal Gear Solid series
11) Final Fantasy Series
12) Dragon Quest VIII
13) Dark Cloud ( 1 and 2)
14) Shadow Heart Series
15) Wild Arms Series
16) Zone of Enders
17) Haunting Ground and Rule of Rose
18) Ar Tonellco series
19) Front Mission 4
20) Suikoden Series

It was simiply put.... RPG Console Paradise.   That i never had to worry about not having full game, or be flooded with needing to buy Bunch of DLCs.  Pure and simple awesomness.  This mostly just from RPG side.  It not even mentioning all other great games that fit anyone's need/style.

Only thing you didnt have on PS2 console was either Halo, Mario, Zelda.  >.> 
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2015, 02:51:00 pm »
Easily the PS2. It had the best 3rd party support of any console. Not to mention it had an amazing library of games and every genre was well represented (except the obscure genres like point and click adventures).

1) Persona 3 & 4
2) Ratchet and Clank series
3) God of War series
4) Sly Cooper series
5) Ico
6) Shadow of the Colossus
7) Silent Hill 2 & 3
8) Jack & Daxter series
9) Grand Theft Auto (too many games to list)
10) Final Fantasy games (X, X-2, XI, XII)
11) Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
12) Katamari Damacy
13) Metal Gear Solid games
14) Okami
15) Dark Cloud 1 & 2
16) Devil May Cry games
17) God Hand
18) SSX games
19) Guitar Hero games
20) Twisted Metal Black
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:01:04 pm by instantreplay »

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2015, 03:02:26 pm »
Although I have some great memories from my SNES and Gamecube, I'm going to cast my vote for my good old Game Boy Advance. Its vast library of SNES remakes eventually led me to buying an actual SNES later, and the e-Reader's small library of NES ports also influenced my decision to purchase an NES a few years after that. Not to mention it has backwards compatibility with the Game Boy/Color library. As such, my top 20 will draw from all 3 generations of Game Boy games.

1. Pokémon Gold
2. Pokémon Emerald
3. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
4. Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
5. Final Fantasy V Advance
6. Super Mario Advance 2
7. Super Mario Advance 4
8. Pokémon FireRed
9. Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
10. e-Reader
11. Advance Wars 2
12. Super Mario Land 2
13. Pokémon Red/Blue
14. Mario Tennis (GBC)
15. Ms. Pac-Man: Special Color Edition
16. Tetris DX
17. Bomberman Quest
18. Super Mario Advance 3
19. Yoshi
20. Pokémon Trading Card Game

Okay that's total bullshit. You can't call the pokemon games different games because they're all the same game!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2015, 03:13:01 pm »

For next-gen consoles, I WAS right there with you. Wii U has some amazing games, that actually focus on gameplay (imagine that).

But lately, I can't honestly say that anymore. Wii U has pushed back Zelda U, and from the last Nintendo Direct, they really aren't giving us much to hold us over in the meantime. Meanwhile, on the other side of things, companies are starting to shift to next-gen only releases; the PS3 and XBox 360 are getting left behind; and Wii U isn't getting 95% of the third-party releases.

It's starting to be time for me to think about PS4 or XBox One. Wii U isn't cutting it anymore.

rancesama

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2015, 12:50:46 pm »

For next-gen consoles, I WAS right there with you. Wii U has some amazing games, that actually focus on gameplay (imagine that).

But lately, I can't honestly say that anymore. Wii U has pushed back Zelda U, and from the last Nintendo Direct, they really aren't giving us much to hold us over in the meantime. Meanwhile, on the other side of things, companies are starting to shift to next-gen only releases; the PS3 and XBox 360 are getting left behind; and Wii U isn't getting 95% of the third-party releases.

It's starting to be time for me to think about PS4 or XBox One. Wii U isn't cutting it anymore.

Yeah, Zelda getting pushed back sucked. However, their last Nintendo Direct just got me even MORE pumped and made me see that I don't have to have "Zelda" to get excited for upcoming Wii U games. With SMT X Fire Emblem, Fatal Frame, Xenoblade, Rodea The Sky Solider, Devil's Third and more coming out, I have a lot to look forward too for the rest of the year and beyond.

There might not be much new coming out for the Wii U right NOW, but I'm so busy playing Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 online with friends that I hardly noticed  ;)

dreama1

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2015, 03:15:18 pm »

Yeah, Zelda getting pushed back sucked. However, their last Nintendo Direct just got me even MORE pumped and made me see that I don't have to have "Zelda" to get excited for upcoming Wii U games. With SMT X Fire Emblem, Fatal Frame, Xenoblade, Rodea The Sky Solider, Devil's Third and more coming out, I have a lot to look forward too for the rest of the year and beyond.

There might not be much new coming out for the Wii U right NOW, but I'm so busy playing Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 online with friends that I hardly noticed  ;)
Devils third been cancelled or something? No news on that one.

rancesama

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2015, 09:12:18 pm »

Devils third been cancelled or something? No news on that one.

Doesn't appear to be. Valhalla Game Studios still has it as the "front" game on their website. I did hear that they were working on approving the game graphically and re-working the controls since what we saw at E3. Still scheduled to come out this year.

stealthrush

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2015, 09:16:39 pm »
Sega Saturn, no contest.

Nights Into Dreams...
Virtua Fighter II
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Grandia
Sakura Wars
Bulk Slash
GunGriffon
Gradius