Author Topic: Light Gun Games?  (Read 2313 times)

thekosmickollector

Light Gun Games?
« on: January 26, 2015, 03:37:30 pm »
Hi all! :)

I'm interested in collecting light gun games since I like playing them in the arcades so much and they'd just be generally cool to have. What I'd like to ask is, Are they worth it? Are they fun, do they play like they do in the arcades? Also, baring in mind I'm on a tight budget, what guns/games would you recommend I buy? Would it be worth buying a PS Move and a couple games for that?

Sorry for the question-filled post, thanks in advance :)

Re: Light Gun Games?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 03:42:14 pm »
Between the PS1 and PS2 you have a ton of cheap light gun games to choose from. You don't need anything special either, just a Guncon (or Guncon 2) and the game. Here are a few that fit that cheap/fun criteria:

Point Blank 1, 2, and 3
Lethal Enforcers 1 and 2 (one game)
Area 51
Time Crisis (1, Project Titan) for PS1
Time Crisis 2, 3 FOR ps2
Vampire Night
Ninja Assault
Maximum Force
Dino Stalker

thekosmickollector

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 03:49:24 pm »
Between the PS1 and PS2 you have a ton of cheap light gun games to choose from. You don't need anything special either, just a Guncon (or Guncon 2) and the game. Here are a few that fit that cheap/fun criteria:

Point Blank 1, 2, and 3
Area 51
Time Crisis 2, 3 FOR ps2
Vampire Night
Ninja Assault
Maximum Force
Dino Stalker

Fantastic, I'll be sure to check these out! Thanks :)

argyle

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 03:53:13 pm »

I'm interested in collecting light gun games since I like playing them in the arcades so much and they'd just be generally cool to have. What I'd like to ask is, Are they worth it? Are they fun, do they play like they do in the arcades? Also, baring in mind I'm on a tight budget, what guns/games would you recommend I buy? Would it be worth buying a PS Move and a couple games for that?

The Wii has a ton of really good ones, and they're cheap too - Ghost Squad, House of the Dead 2&3 and HotD Overkill, RE Umbrella Chronicles & Darkside Chronicles, Dead Space: Extraction, Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns Arcade Hits Pack and a ton more. Some of those did get PS3 ports, but many only got digital releases on that platform. Plus they will generally cost more for the PS3. This is probably one of the only times I'd take the Wii versions over their PS3 counterparts, honestly - especially if you haven't already bought a Move, since it really isn't worth it.

There are some great ones for the PS2 & PS1 as well, especially any of the GunCon games, but they are somewhat harder to find and will require a CRT tv to play.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

thekosmickollector

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 04:03:18 pm »

The Wii has a ton of really good ones, and they're cheap too - Ghost Squad, House of the Dead 2&3 and HotD Overkill, RE Umbrella Chronicles & Darkside Chronicles, Dead Space: Extraction, Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns Arcade Hits Pack and a ton more. Some of those did get PS3 ports, but many only got digital releases on that platform. Plus they will generally cost more for the PS3. This is probably one of the only times I'd take the Wii versions over their PS3 counterparts, honestly - especially if you haven't already bought a Move, since it really isn't worth it.

There are some great ones for the PS2 & PS1 as well, especially any of the GunCon games, but they are somewhat harder to find and will require a CRT tv to play.

Thanks man! I actually used to have a Wii with Ghost Squad and HOTD 2&3, but House of The Dead has since been lost and the Wii has gone on to my sister who lives halfway across the country :P But I don't think a Wii is too difficult to get so I'll try to get my hands on another one. As for having a CRT TV, I have recently purchased one but I don't have anywhere permanent to put it as of yet so a Wii seems like a safe bet. Thanks again! :)

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 04:03:38 pm »

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 04:41:14 am »
Duck Hunt ;D
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 07:03:33 pm »

This is off topic, but is your profile name after the Texas town?
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 08:11:05 pm »

Point Blank 1, 2, and 3
Area 51
Time Crisis 2, 3 FOR ps2
Vampire Night
Ninja Assault
Maximum Force
Dino Stalker

Oh man, thank you! I haven't heard of a few of these! Ninja Assault, Vampire Night, and Dino Stalker sound intriguing just from the names.

byron

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2015, 08:35:51 pm »

I figured it was after the sock.

abe

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 08:54:09 pm »

I figured it was after the sock.

I thought it had something to do with sweaters.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

thekosmickollector

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 03:03:52 pm »
Thanks for the advice folks! Quick update; I've elected to purchase a Wii for all my arcadey action needs, and I found a friend in school who'll give me a pretty decent deal on one, no light gun games included but gun attatchments are and I can buy the games seperately myself :D

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:12:59 pm by thekosmickollector »