Author Topic: Separate category for New Zealand games?  (Read 1146 times)

doctorlaudanum

Separate category for New Zealand games?
« on: December 24, 2015, 10:41:00 pm »
Do we have a dedicated category for games released in New Zealand? If not, will we consider adding one? I have a few New Zealand games that I would like to add to the database, but I wasn't sure how to go about it.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

Re: Separate category for New Zealand games?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 03:36:04 pm »
Currently no. I'm no expert on the region but aren't games across Oceanian countries considered the same region on consoles? -At least most of the time. If that's the case use Australia for now. Maybe we can rename the AUS region to Oceania to accommodate the surrounding areas.

If there is indeed a difference in packaging or game content between the countries feel free to make a new entry in the database. Use brackets to distinguish your country. For example: Super Mario Bros. [NZ]
In the future if we do make a dedicated New Zealand category we can easily search for anything with the NZ tag and add it to the new category.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 09:12:11 pm »
New Zealand versions are basically the same as Australia versions so I always put it under AU region  :D
However, some systems don't have AU region either so I just put it in EU region with [AU] in the heading (for example: GBA) >_<
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 09:19:06 pm by puddingm »

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 10:11:42 pm »
I'm definitely not an expert on this, but doesn't New Zealand have its own unique rating system for games? I would think that would be enough to warrant a separate category. But I could also see why we'd place them under the Australia category. Any objections?
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 01:58:30 am »
I'm definitely not an expert on this, but doesn't New Zealand have its own unique rating system for games? I would think that would be enough to warrant a separate category. But I could also see why we'd place them under the Australia category. Any objections?

The rating system is very much alike to Australia's but with more ratings under "restricted". None of the games ends with the code "-NZ" though, it always ends with "-AUS" or "-EUR" or "-UKV".