Author Topic: Can't add items to collection when logged in  (Read 878 times)

Can't add items to collection when logged in
« on: January 16, 2024, 08:55:35 am »
There is something wrong with the site today. I can login and see what is in my collection, but if I click on a title the usual button to add to collection is missing, it is also blanked out next to the place where it says whether or not you have it in your collection, yet you can go to your actual collection page and find it there.
PSX LEGACY

A Physical Chronicle of games for posterity.

dhaabi

Re: Can't add items to collection when logged in
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 09:19:43 am »
Which browser are you using?

sworddude

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 01:29:38 pm »
when I'm logged into the forums. I have to login seperately when viewing the collection to add stuff. If I'm just logged in the forums I don't get the add to the collection button.

Fairly sure I didn't need to login seperately for this previously but could be wrong on this one.

edit.

but If I login when I'm at the collection part, I don't have to login in seperately on the forums for everything to work 100%. vice versa however when logging in from the forums the add to the collection buttons will be missings it's as If I where not logged in at the collection part.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 01:31:46 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 03:05:03 pm »
Forum will keep you logged in forever if you've checked the box unless your salt or session ID changes. Session ID will relate primarily to browser and IP address, potentially computer but I haven't looked into how much fingerprinting is used.

This means you can visit the forum and be logged in if using multiple computers. The main site doesn't work that way. In order to always be logged in you can only use 1 browser on one system. If you log into the main site from another system/browser then it will nuke your session ID for the other browser.

So basically, the forum supports multiple concurrent active sessions but the main site does not. So you can have a situation where you are logged into the forum but not the main site if you are using multiple devices/browsers.