Author Topic: first person shooter guide  (Read 1765 times)

first person shooter guide
« on: February 06, 2015, 11:20:29 pm »
I want to write a first person shooter guide because the ones I've found are not good. It will be tips and tricks to get better for any skill level. Hopefully. And I was wondering if any one would like to contribute. And where would I post it etch. You can PM me your tips and tricks so people don't see it before the final product.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

Re: first person shooter guide
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 11:39:17 pm »
Interesting. That can become a very broad topic. Would you be going game/series specific, or are you looking for more of a general rule of thumb approach?

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 11:59:30 pm »
Tip: Point gun at enemy and press fire to hurt him.

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 01:34:12 am »

Tip: Continued hurting of enemy will lead to his death.  XP, Cash, or Points gained.  Initiate teabag.

davifus

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 11:19:52 am »

Tip: Continued hurting of enemy will lead to his death.  XP, Cash, or Points gained.  Initiate teabag.

Tip: Don't teabag for too long because Karma might come back and flip your shit. ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:23:53 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

retroone

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 06:09:50 pm »

Tip: Don't teabag for too long because Karma might come back and flip your shit. ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Tip: Activate Quick 360 No Scope Mode

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 09:57:34 pm »
Interesting. That can become a very broad topic. Would you be going game/series specific, or are you looking for more of a general rule of thumb approach?
I was looking for a general approach. I would talk about Perfect Dark and Golden Eye 007 because those paved the road for pretty much all modern shooters today. The only one available wasn't good, so I know I can out do it.
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 11:47:49 am »
Here's a tip. Strafe jumping does not work in all games. If you see people jumping around in a certain game, they may be doing it by force of habit.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 10:40:12 pm »
Yeah I'd say strafing is a must especially if your talking older games, newer ones not as much since theres a lot of waiting behind walls or peeking around corners so its usually slower especially online all those damn campers :p but just something if it's possible use as high a sensitivity you can handle and still be fairly accurate and get used to the tactical controls in COD and any other game that offers it.  The benefit of hitting the ground quickly outweighs the deaths you get from slower melee.  Those are the only general tips I got besides the aim at him and fire and let experience make you better.

psydswipe

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 12:37:14 pm »
I was looking for a general approach. I would talk about Perfect Dark and Golden Eye 007 because those paved the road for pretty much all modern shooters today. The only one available wasn't good, so I know I can out do it.

I don't know about that. Are you only discussing console shooters? Only multi-player? It does seem too broad of a guide to really get good tips for. I've played a lot of single-player shooters, and some multi-player but mostly on PC and primarily in the Tribes series. Tribes itself would be a huge undertaking to write a guide for which is probably one of the reasons it isn't as successful as games like Quake, Unreal, Battlefield, etc. It's just a lot more difficult to learn, especially without a single-player element to practice with. As others joked, you basically aim, shoot and keep moving to succeed in first-person shooters. Perhaps you have a great idea I'm not seeing. When I think of tips for a FPS I'd start breaking them down for each individual game and then from mode to mode and then map to map.

foxhack

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 09:55:42 pm »
Here's a tip. Strafe jumping does not work in all games. If you see people jumping around in a certain game, they may be doing it by force of habit.

Unless they're playing Scout in TF2, in which case they're overdosed on caffeine.

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 09:41:57 pm »
Catacomb 3-D, Wolfenstein... so on.

When you first posted I thought you meant a strategy guide. So you want to do more of a historical overview of the genre instead?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 01:19:10 am »
Haha, you guys are too damn funny.

ProTip: Dont be me  :o
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730