Author Topic: Playstation All-Stars 2 - Ideal Roster?  (Read 2068 times)

thekosmickollector

Playstation All-Stars 2 - Ideal Roster?
« on: February 13, 2015, 12:30:55 pm »
So I was toying with the idea of a sequel to PS All Stars Battle Royale and I though, what new characters could they throw in? Personally I'd like to see some Resident Evil and/or Silent Hill love (namely Nemesis and Pyramid Head) along with the obvious Crash & Spyro which weren't in the first game for what I cam only assume are legal reasons :P

Anyway, what characters would you guys like to see in a sequel?

retroone

Re: Playstation All-Stars 2 - Ideal Roster?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 03:13:31 pm »
They should include Knack along with Shovel Knight.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 03:32:25 pm »

That's actually a good point, I hadn't thought about newer characters. Maybe they'd replace Cole with Delsin Rowe?

silversyx

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 05:48:54 pm »
Lara Croft, Solid Snake, Cloud, (Pre-Reboot) Dante (even if it's an alt costume), annnnd Shadow the Hedgehog? No? No? Come on that game wasn't THAT bad... no? oh...

thekosmickollector

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 05:53:13 pm »
Lara Croft, Solid Snake, Cloud, (Pre-Reboot) Dante (even if it's an alt costume), annnnd Shadow the Hedgehog? No? No? Come on that game wasn't THAT bad... no? oh...

Reboot Dante turned into regular Dante's colour scheme in his Level 3 special move :D

maximo310

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 07:40:10 pm »
How would shadow be an playstation all stars character? I don't see how that would work, as his game was a multiplat release, and he hasn't enough apperances with the playstation brand to warrant that.

psydswipe

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 06:57:22 am »
How would shadow be an playstation all stars character? I don't see how that would work, as his game was a multiplat release, and he hasn't enough apperances with the playstation brand to warrant that.

Yeah, most of the characters being mentioned aren't owned by Sony and have appeared on many other platforms. I know the first game had a number of third-party characters because Sony doesn't have enough popular characters of their own. Most companies outside of Nintendo don't though. I like Sega but I didn't really agree with all of their choices on the kart racing games which made me wonder if maybe they don't even have enough to choose from either. Despite ToeJam & Earl being synonymous with Genesis they don't have the rights and couldn't manage to get them. Anyways, I'm not sure what to use as a basis for selecting a PlayStation All-Star character. Do you think they'll even consider making a sequel?

Perhaps someone from the first Tenchu game would work, though those characters likely aren't too recognizable. Thinking of my early PS2 days, I bought that system for SSX and Dynasty Warriors, two games with lots of characters though again, they probably aren't really big or interesting enough. How about someone from Hot Shots Golf? That's one of my favorite Sony series. Not sure if any one character stands out since they generally make new characters and caddies each game. Hot Shots Golf 3 was popular at my place of work for a while and most seemed to get a laugh out of the caddy Hubert. Yeah, like every one I'm mentioning, very few people would care about Hubert as well. I just don't see many of the most popular third-party game characters as PlayStation characters.

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 09:34:33 am »
I absolutely second the idea of "Classic" Dante. I can't stand the new one (his characterization and Vergil's were what ruined DmC for me), and I don't care if he can turn into Dante for a special move. I want the real Dante, full-time - and not this punk wannabe. Yes, I'm one of those people who was somewhat offended by the "F-you" moment with the white wig.

I'd also like to see someone from Kingdom Hearts. I know some of the handheld releases have been on Nintendo systems, and the third installment of the series proper is also going to be on Xbox One, but this series was originally exclusive to the PS2. So how about some love for the fans?

madmax

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 07:50:15 am »
Knack
Deslin Rowe (Infamous: Second Son)
Fetch (Infamous: Second Son)
Ellie or Joel (The Last of Us)
Clicker (The Last of Us)
Red (Transistor)
Lightning (FF13)
Cloud (FF7)
Sackboy (LBP)
Ratchet & Clank (Ratchet & Clank)
Fat Princess (Fat Princess Adventures)

These seem pretty plausible. The issue is that they try to compete directly with Super Smash and those characters are more "fun" and recognizable.

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 10:23:35 am »
While I do agree with people's choices, I think Sony should add characters and stages from some obscure and unknown games. After all, if they were going to make Dart playable, they could potentially do that.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 10:34:05 am »
While I do agree with people's choices, I think Sony should add characters and stages from some obscure and unknown games. After all, if they were going to make Dart playable, they could potentially do that.

While I agree and would like to see some more obscure PS characters (Perhaps Vibri and/or Mr Domino) I think that Sony are most likely to shoot for characters that people know and are more likely to have played as since more people'l buy it that way. Personally I think if Crash and Spyro were in the first game it'd have sold MUCH better

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 05:16:02 pm »

That's actually a good point, I hadn't thought about newer characters. Maybe they'd replace Cole with Delsin Rowe?

Why replace when they can just have both? Also they could have the woman protagonist from First Light.

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 05:29:48 pm »
I don't like All-Stars really, I feel like it's a generally poor knock off of Smash Bros and not nearly as fun, but if they did another and made a better game, I'd say...

Crash Bandicoot
A Final Fantasy character, maybe someone like Cloud, Squall, or Tidus.
Spyro
A Resident Evil character like Wesker or Nemesis
Bloodborne character.  Basically who ever the boxart guy is like with Dark Souls 2 we saw.
Joel from Last of Us
A Street Fighter V character since it's exclusive to Sony for now.
Perhaps a shrunk down Colossus or the lead from that game who's special involves bringing in a Colossus to attack.
Katamari Damacy? lol