Author Topic: Why can't I find Ocarina of Time 3D?  (Read 2891 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Why can't I find Ocarina of Time 3D?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 07:45:27 pm »
Kid Icarus Uprising (march 2012)
Pikmin 3 (August 2013)
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (February 2014)
Starfox 64 3D (june 2011)
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D (june 2011)
(release date according to wikipedia)

those are all games that seem to have seen a ridiculous spike in price, it's not uncommon to see games get phased out, I'm not surprised by the fact they are getting phased out especially since the 3D remakes are about 4 years old now so it's not like there are very few copies of those games out in the wild right now. hell looking at Ocarina of Time 3D it sold 1.74million (VGchartz i know take with a grain of salt) and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze 0.48 million in North America. so to me this whole spike is a weird phenomenon to me.

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 07:59:42 pm »
Nintendo has a really nasty habit of discontinuing games way, way, way too soon, likely in an effort to drive people to buy things more quickly rather than waiting for price drops. Short-term gains, long-term losses.

gf78

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 09:58:06 am »
I apologize, I'm still fairly new to the site.

Thanks I'll try GS and see what they can do. Online it says there's not one in stock within 100 miles of me O.o

I really hope that rumor isn't true, does Nintendo just hate money? I think it's weird they aren't making more Majora's Mask 3DS's, most Amiibo, and now this game? Ugh, I wanted to play and finish this version of the game before I start Majora's Mask 3D.

Typical Nintendo.  Back in the NES, SNES and N64 days, they would routinely release "Player's Choice" titles for their most popular games.  They tapered off with the amount of re-releases with Gamecube and even more so with the Wii.  There is obviously a demand for these games.  How difficult would it be to print some more copies of Ocarina of Time 3D or Metroid Prime Trilogy?

There is a huge demand for many Nintendo classics, but they just ignore it and do what they want.  It really baffles me.

Now they just skip the reprint and target eshop. All the AAA Nintendo titles are hitting the eshop now. Metroid Prime Trilogy, Super Mario Galaxy, Punch Out, etc.

With the games I guess it makes sense no need to worry about overstocking. Sucks for those of us that prefer to get our physical goods from non-scalper types.

As far as I am concerned, Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft can all shove their e-shops up their rears.  If I want Metroid Prime Trilogy, I want that cool, shiny steelbook.  I want the plastic slipcase.  I want the physical disc, the manual and the bonus materials.  F digital downloads.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 10:59:56 am »
I wish Nintendo had their own online store and they tell people they have to make the game THEN ship it to you so it will take a lot longer but they don't overstock AND we get physical copies. Just cut out the middle man. I'm sure there's a lot more problems with this but a fanboy can dream right?

That exists in UK.
http://store.nintendo.co.uk/home.dept

gf78

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 11:40:39 am »
I wish Nintendo had their own online store and they tell people they have to make the game THEN ship it to you so it will take a lot longer but they don't overstock AND we get physical copies. Just cut out the middle man. I'm sure there's a lot more problems with this but a fanboy can dream right?

That exists in UK.

Nice.  Just another example of how screwed up NoA is.  People have to crusade for them to release games like Xenoblade, the shortchange us on Amiibo's and there is no store to buy their games like the UK has.  Screwed again.   >:(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 08:36:52 pm »
I've seen a ton of Ocarina Of Time for 3DS here, right around $40.

I'm upset I went to buy Majora's Mask and they are still sold out. I learned my lesson, I'm going to pre-order next time.

silversyx

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 10:44:20 am »

That exists in UK.

Nice.  Just another example of how screwed up NoA is.  People have to crusade for them to release games like Xenoblade, the shortchange us on Amiibo's and there is no store to buy their games like the UK has.  Screwed again.   >:(

That's amazing! I do hear UK prices are a bit higher than NA, is that true?