Author Topic: I need an intervention! Help keep me away from my ebays and paypal!  (Read 4716 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Yeah,

I'm getting a little ridiculous with the ebaying, forum sales, etc. I'm not always like this.

Most of the time I'm quite responsible and reserved.

But every now and then I just go off the deep end browsing ebay till late at night and rummaging through Atari Age and RF Generation for sale threads. :) I think I have something like 16 games en-route to my house right now via various channels and I just stopped myself from buying a $5,000 Coffee table modeled after an NES controller.

But still I hunger for video games!

Am I the only one?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 04:56:58 pm by dashv »

Re: I need an intervention! Help keep me away from my ebays and paypal!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 04:05:30 pm »
I kinda hate using Ebay, or I'd probably be much the same lol

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 04:43:49 pm »
I definitely go through my spurts of this.  I have to stop myself from buying things over $50 because I know it'll add up very quickly.  A few <$10 purchases here and there are fine with me, but it can easily go crazy!

I run into similar binges with Kickstarter, but I've stopped browsing that site on my free time, so things are a little better on that front :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 04:48:59 pm »
Same here. I'm about the same way. Responsible about it most of the time. But once in a while, it gets the best of me.

theflea

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 04:56:10 pm »
I understand what your going through, I try not to go to crazy myself.
I try and use "make offer" a lot, just because 90% of the time i get shot down. lol

I had to look up this coffee table, I don't know if it's the one you saw but something don't add up....
They sell it at a buy it now for $10, with $499 shipping, then you go to details and he says "cost $1000.00"
Its cool as hell and I'd love one myself, but no way I want to drop that much for one. and the way he prices it is confusing.

Link in case you want to see it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/On-Sale-FUNCTIONAL-NINTENDO-NES-COFFEE-TABLE-zelda-mario-link-/261749244873?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf17883c9
"Happy game hunting!!!"

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 05:00:04 pm »
This is why I force myself to go out thrifting and going to HPB instead. You don't always find something out there, its a lot easier to manage my money when there is literally nothing to buy. I'm trying really hard to curb my ebaying right now because I just started a new job and have lots more money now so I COULD ebay a lot of things but after dropping $100 on suikoden II i told myself I'd lay off for a bit. Lets see how that goes haha  :P

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 05:00:57 pm »
Paypal me all your money, and send me your CC and you wont have to worry after that.  8)
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 05:01:02 pm »
I understand what your going through, I try not to go to crazy myself.
I try and use "make offer" a lot, just because 90% of the time i get shot down. lol

I had to look up this coffee table, I don't know if it's the one you saw but something don't add up....
They sell it at a buy it now for $10, with $499 shipping, then you go to details and he says "cost $1000.00"
Its cool as hell and I'd love one myself, but no way I want to drop that much for one. and the way he prices it is confusing.

Link in case you want to see it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/On-Sale-FUNCTIONAL-NINTENDO-NES-COFFEE-TABLE-zelda-mario-link-/261749244873?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf17883c9

Not that one flea. You're right. It it seems sketchy and the quality is not the best if you look at the d-pad closely.

No, I was looking at this:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/104495334/nintendo-controller-coffee-table?ref=shop_home_active_15

This:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/121485606/nintendo-wii-controller-coffee-table?ref=shop_home_active_12

or this:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/96827992/nintendo-controller-coffee-table-maple?ref=shop_home_active_11

All the same guy. All amazing quality.

Paypal me all your money, and send me your CC and you wont have to worry after that.  8)

Thanks for looking out for me. ;) Thankfully my wife is both a gamer and a pillar of maturity and reason.

Still, I think she's been letting me get away with too much lately. She actually agreed to the coffee table.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:10:19 pm by dashv »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 05:06:19 pm »
Well at least with the coffee table I can say that  I can make it for a hell of a lot cheaper... in fact I might do that this spring.  :P

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 06:41:36 pm »
have your significant other change your password

Warmsignal

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 06:49:29 pm »
I've already made up my wishlists and I have a strategy of going for certain titles depending on most wanted. This cuts way down on impulse buys. I'm very conservative with funds, and don't usually spend unless I can see that I've gained quite a bit.

retroone

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 07:07:34 pm »
We all do occasionally. It happens to the best of us.

foxhack

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 09:12:10 pm »
Well, I can help you, just buy my stuff and you're done. ;D

Really though, I don't buy stuff from eBay as often as I used to, but once in a while I find something I -have- to have.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 09:35:18 pm »
I'm currently taking a step back from EBAY and it's endless ocean of temptations. With Amiibos and me hunting I have been going way over budget these last few months and really need to prioritize. So far it is going good, I just need to stick with it.

dreama1

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2015, 10:08:46 pm »
Yeah,

I'm getting a little ridiculous with the ebaying, forum sales, etc. I'm not always like this.

Most of the time I'm quite responsible and reserved.

But every now and then I just go off the deep end browsing ebay till late at night and rummaging through Atari Age and RF Generation for sale threads. :) I think I have something like 16 games en-route to my house right now via various channels and I just stopped myself from buying a $5,000 Coffee table modeled after an NES controller.

But still I hunger for video games!

Am I the only one?

Yeah it's like you buy shit and you don't even know you bought something until it arrives and you're like "oh yeah I ordered that?"