Author Topic: Square Enix Members  (Read 1229 times)

psydswipe

Square Enix Members
« on: February 18, 2015, 12:25:14 pm »
Did anyone use the old Square Enix Members site? Their games came with codes for a while, sort of like the Club Nintendo codes. Then after a year they stopped giving out points while re-doing it and I think it was that way all of last year. Now it is back but unfortunately all the old points are gone and the code cards are useless. I have a stack of codes I was waiting to use so I'm disappointed. It appears about the only way to get points now is to purchase items from the Square Enix Online Store. At least that's how it now is in the U.S., not sure if it varies in other regions though I'd guess they re-did this to make all regions work the same way. A link to the new program details: https://store.na.square-enix.com/members

The one and only year they had the points they sent out gifts at the end of the year based on what tier members had reached. I can't recall exactly what I received. I know I got a backpack and Space Invaders erasers. There might have been a deck of Space Invaders playing cards too.

argyle

Re: Square Enix Members
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 02:55:06 pm »
Yeah I have a stack of those code cards too, so I was kinda annoyed to find out they're worthless now. Oh well. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 02:56:58 pm »
Their store is down right now too :/ thats how I bought a few games, they have some of their old stock on there and its pretty cool you can still buy things like Chrono Cross and Kingdom Hearts straight from them.

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 05:27:40 pm »
I received the e-mail today about the new program and got excited until I realized it was just for online store purchases. I guess that Theatrhythm code I just entered on their site is totally useless.

It is nice if you end up buying a lot of the Collector's Editions from their site at least.

I did sign up for a new account because it said it would give you 50 bonus points. I still don't show those in my new rewards account. Oh well....

Side note: they use Digital River as their distribution agent for the online store and they are terrible!

The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

argyle

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 08:38:13 pm »
Side note: they use Digital River as their distribution agent for the online store and they are terrible!

Pretty sure they've dumped them. They used another company to fulfill the KH 2.5 orders last year, and I read today that they didn't use DR to fulfill another recent release either.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 08:55:18 pm »

Pretty sure they've dumped them. They used another company to fulfill the KH 2.5 orders last year, and I read today that they didn't use DR to fulfill another recent release either.

KH 2.5 got to me great and almost a week before release date.  However, I don't know who's doing their packaging because the game had no packing material at all (there was no space between the game and the shipping box either), and I know at least one person on this forum had their CE damaged.

I'll see what happens with Type-0...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 01:06:03 am »
Thanks for the response! I did check and they now use Pepitastore Inc.

I stand corrected.

Last order I made was Final Fantasy XIII-3 and that was still Digital River.

The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01