Author Topic: NES X-Men  (Read 2106 times)

tpugmire

NES X-Men
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:02:55 am »
Sooo... Another weird one.
Nintendo.com has it listed as Marvel's X-Men on their classic game list.  We have it listed the same way.  The cart itself says "The Uncanny X-Men", while the end label on the cart says just "X-Men".  I can see this getting added in the database a few times because of this.  Do we just leave it alone and hope nothing happens?  I can keep up on the duplicates, but I'd like to avoid issues that create them in the first place.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

Re: NES X-Men
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 12:12:59 pm »
This one? I'd list it as The Uncanny X-Men. Since that's what's on the box.  I had the same problem when i was doing Spider-Man on genesis.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 03:31:25 pm »
Any way to merge these together somehow? perhaps have an AKA?

matt

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 03:59:32 pm »
I think we should list it as "Uncanny X-Men, The" and make sure we note the alt title in the description.

tpugmire

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 05:10:43 pm »
Yeah, that's the one.  I like the idea of noting the alternate title.  Searching may be a bit weird though.  Our search function seems to be very picky I've noticed.  Any way to loosen up the search engine a bit?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

scott

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 05:47:40 pm »
> tpugmire
> Any way to loosen up the search engine a bit?

I'm sure it will do whatever you want after a few drinks TP. :D
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

matt

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 09:44:43 pm »
I've got an advanced search page that I'm working on that will allow you to filter by platform and other options. Right now it simply searches on the title.