Author Topic: March 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28538 times)

argyle

Re: March 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 11:04:29 am »
I like pickup videos when the person making them has interesting stories about how he acquired the games and/or some insight into why he picked them up. If it's just a person going "I got this, this, this, this..." tho, no thank you.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 11:22:31 am »
I like pickup videos when the person making them has interesting stories about how he acquired the games and/or some insight into why he picked them up. If it's just a person going "I got this, this, this, this..." tho, no thank you.

Well. I'll see how it turns out. Shouldn't take a while. Only like 30 pickups for the month.

davifus

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 06:15:30 pm »
AmiAmi Haul from Feb. came in.

- God Eater 2 Rage Burst - Case & Face Plate Cover by Hori
- 1/6 Tomoyo Sakagami Figure
- 1/10 Sinon Swimsuit Ver. Figure
- Tony Tony Chopper Carabiner

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

abe

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 08:22:20 pm »
I got these lovely games in the mail today. I got a good deal on them too. They only cost me $13.50 USD after shipping. ;D

Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

argyle

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 09:12:32 pm »
BB has Theatrhythm FF Curtain Call on sale this week for $20 ($16 after GCU) and my copy came in the mail today. It's the one w/ the cd too, and even tho they shipped it in a bubble mailer it's in perfect condition so I'm happy. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 09:21:54 pm »
I got these lovely games in the mail today. I got a good deal on them too. They only cost me $13.50 USD after shipping. ;D

So many memories right here :). My brother had a friend who was Japanese back in the late 90s and I remember being so envious that he had Gold/Silver months before it came out in North America. He also had Green version which was like, what is that?! Must have!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 10:47:43 pm »
Since this is now the active thread I guess I'll post this here. MY recap from February 2015

One of the most surprising and happy finds is the Tiger Woods game on the Gamecube. Got it for 2 bucks and its notable because its one of the few 2-disc games for the gamecube so an easily-repurposeable case if I find another 2-disc GC game I want.

http://i.imgur.com/UlqAS5Z.jpg
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 10:50:13 pm by tafk »

maximo310

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 12:17:59 am »
Since this is now the active thread I guess I'll post this here. MY recap from February 2015

One of the most surprising and happy finds is the Tiger Woods game on the Gamecube. Got it for 2 bucks and its notable because its one of the few 2-disc games for the gamecube so an easily-repurposeable case if I find another 2-disc GC game I want.

I have that TW PGA Tour 2005, as well as 2004, which are both 2 discs because in the story mode isn't linear, so you'd have to change discs every time to play a new course. This may help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_console_games_spanning_multiple_discs.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2015, 12:38:56 am »
This just in...

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox complete)
Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox complete)

3DO Enforcer pistol

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2015, 12:42:37 am »

I have that TW PGA Tour 2005, as well as 2004, which are both 2 discs because in the story mode isn't linear, so you'd have to change discs every time to play a new course. This may help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_console_games_spanning_multiple_discs.

Yep, got that list on lock. If I ever find Baten Kaitos Origins not in its original case now I'm no longer worried!

kevininja

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2015, 10:42:20 am »
Got these in the 3DS eShop:
3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
Earthworm Jim
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Blaster Master
Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2015, 12:20:13 pm »
This just in...

Ninja Gaiden (Xbox complete)
Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox complete)

3DO Enforcer pistol

Those Ninja Gaiden games are just gorgeous, and bloody in a beautiful way. I want to be able to play them so badly. But I'm just not good enough at gaming to get much further than the 2nd area.

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2015, 01:48:50 pm »

Got Mass Effect, Ratchet & Clank and The Godfather from charity shops yesterday, the other PS2/Gamecube games from CEX also yesterday, and Ecco from Amazon that arrived today.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2015, 02:03:21 pm »
Now that I have this, I have the whole main series. Now I need to focus on the spinoffs. Found it at Goodwill for only $4, complete:

Also, while I'm bringing it up. I have the games I bought my GunCon 2 for, now: Time Crisis 1-3, Area 51, and RE: Dead Aim.

What other good light-gun games are on PS2?

abe

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2015, 09:40:28 pm »
I got Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days (PSP) in the mail today. Now I have at least one version of every Disgaea game in the main series. :D All that's left now is to get the rest of the versions and the spinoffs and I'll have them all (until Disgaea 5 comes out).
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)