Author Topic: March 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 28456 times)

devancowan

Re: March 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2015, 08:32:44 pm »
I have Start Ocean Til the end of Time on my backlog as well. Maybe I'll start it after FFT so we can all discuss  8)

We should all try and start it at the same time :) It will give me motivation to power through it and finish it since I never did as a kid

spac316

« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2015, 09:58:57 pm »
Recently bought DOA5 Last Round for XBox One and Kirby & the Rainbow Curse for Wii U.

davifus

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2015, 10:01:15 pm »
Atelier Shallie: Alchemists Of The Dusk Sea Limited Edition came in today
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2015, 10:13:31 pm »
Man, from xenosaga to NFS most wanted you guys have had a good week!

I got this in on Monday!

Famicom
Kid Dracula
Jesus: Dreadful Bio-Monster
Parodious da!
Samuria Pizza Cats
Goonies

Super Famicom
Super Bonk

Genesis
Model 1 console (no hookups)
1 Gold controller (I'll tell a story about it on next weeks podcast and you can decide if it's real of if I am making the whole thing up!)

Wii
Odama (not pictured)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2015, 10:18:27 pm »
Recently bought DOA5 Last Round for XBox One and Kirby & the Rainbow Curse for Wii U.

I early adopted DOA 5. Then against my better judgement bought 5 Ultimate used.

Then they announced last round.

I hate what they did. But eventually I'll get last round used as well.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2015, 10:52:50 pm »
Guys, never stop looking!

Found .hack//Outbreak today at Half-Price books for 19.99!!! Complete, in amazing shape, Immediately bought. Now just Quarantine left and this same HPB had it marked at 99.99, but luckily coming up HPB is having a save 50% on your highest priced item day. You bet I'm waiting for them to open to buy that baby for 49.99 if its still there.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2015, 12:14:22 am »

Found .hack//Outbreak today at Half-Price books for 19.99!!! Complete, in amazing shape, Immediately bought. Now just Quarantine left and this same HPB had it marked at 99.99, but luckily coming up HPB is having a save 50% on your highest priced item day. You bet I'm waiting for them to open to buy that baby for 49.99 if its still there.

Awesome!

I made the mistake of picking up the first one compete for $5! Then I discovered I'd need to sell a kidney to buy the rest!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2015, 12:35:33 am »

Awesome!

I made the mistake of picking up the first one compete for $5! Then I discovered I'd need to sell a kidney to buy the rest!

Yeah, worst part is that its not even like sequels, it's more like Part 1/2/3/4 or 1/2/3 for GU

spac316

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2015, 04:59:41 am »

I early adopted DOA 5. Then against my better judgement bought 5 Ultimate used.

Then they announced last round.

I hate what they did. But eventually I'll get last round used as well.
I never bought the previous editions so I'm glad I waited. They did say it will be the last update, hence the name. It Only has a couple new characters and arenas added as well as all the DLC costumes included.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2015, 02:08:51 pm »

How's that new Kirby game?  Using the stylus kinda turned me off of it.  Is it fun?

kashell

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2015, 02:09:15 pm »
I have Start Ocean Til the end of Time on my backlog as well. Maybe I'll start it after FFT so we can all discuss  8)

Ack, I could discuss it now - it's....bad:-X

I wouldn't to dissuade bobster and the others from playing it, but I somewhat agree with argyle. I will say that it has the best combat out of the four Star Ocean games, but the other things that make the game unique and captivating hardly have the fun factor that the series is known for. Item Creation was butchered to hell and back. Most of the characters are annoying. And the plot...dear god the plot. I won't spoil anything for anyone. I'm assuming argyle knows what I'm talking about.

Even though the combat is great, it too has its fair share of issues.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2015, 02:44:42 pm »
We should have a vote at the end of each month for the top finds of the month  8)

bobster

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2015, 02:54:27 pm »

Ack, I could discuss it now - it's....bad:-X

I wouldn't to dissuade bobster and the others from playing it, but I somewhat agree with argyle. I will say that it has the best combat out of the four Star Ocean games, but the other things that make the game unique and captivating hardly have the fun factor that the series is known for. Item Creation was butchered to hell and back. Most of the characters are annoying. And the plot...dear god the plot. I won't spoil anything for anyone. I'm assuming argyle knows what I'm talking about.

Even though the combat is great, it too has its fair share of issues.
I'll still be playing it. Honestly, the item creation of First Departure and Second Evolution I really didn't touch. Truth be told I didn't think the first two were the greatest games either, but still enjoyable in some ways.

My secret hope is they did away with the fact that you had to enter the towns in a special way to interact with all characters. It may seem small, but it's a total pain in the ass going into town that way to see if anyone is in a different spot/scenario, then needing to leave and come back in to shop and continue with the story. I would be way more into the side cutscenes if I just went into town and saw the people happened to be somewhere new.

We should have a vote at the end of each month for the top finds of the month  8)
TheFlea would always win  :P
Currently Playing: The Witcher

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2015, 03:15:17 pm »
TheFlea would always win  :P

We would obviously have limits to winning. :P

kashell

« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2015, 03:32:19 pm »
I'll still be playing it. Honestly, the item creation of First Departure and Second Evolution I really didn't touch. Truth be told I didn't think the first two were the greatest games either, but still enjoyable in some ways.

My secret hope is they did away with the fact that you had to enter the towns in a special way to interact with all characters. It may seem small, but it's a total pain in the ass going into town that way to see if anyone is in a different spot/scenario, then needing to leave and come back in to shop and continue with the story. I would be way more into the side cutscenes if I just went into town and saw the people happened to be somewhere new.

I hope you enjoy it. You'll be glad to know that the Private Actions are much easier to activate. Fayt will always enter the town alone and his friends will be scattered throughout the city.