Author Topic: VGC Podcast  (Read 111586 times)

pacpix

Re: VGC Podcast
« Reply #420 on: March 25, 2015, 12:52:01 am »
Good show tonight guys!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #421 on: March 25, 2015, 01:29:57 am »
Good show tonight guys!

Thanks.

Windows is the only OS I know where plugging in a pair of headphones requires a reboot to get sound back. :P

Also, how in the world did I have the camera stuck on me for half the episode!?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:48:42 pm by dashv »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #422 on: March 25, 2015, 01:35:55 am »
What do I need to look for in buying a webcam?  I have a mic picked out. I'm going to be a podcasting machine!  East? West? It won't matter. You suckas just stay interested.

This is the kind I have the video and built in mic are excellent:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006JH8T3S/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687522&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003M2YT96&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0CP3DSC43242NX0HQDW8

It's headphones that kill the echo.

Or in my case they kill the whole machine. :P

kashell

« Reply #423 on: March 25, 2015, 08:51:49 am »
Fighterpilot, we still can't see 'dat face! We need more face.

Conversely, we see lots of dash's face. Not there's anything wrong with that (still rockin' that jaunty cap), but I thought the thing was set up in such a way that it would flip between people.

Those sounds! When tpug moved his chair I thought that he was about excuse himself for a hot minute.

I liked the topics you went with. As usual, I really enjoyed listening to it and it was great to see some East Coast representation in the form of Mr Nikon.

Also, the Kirby Collection doesn't have playable versions of non-traditional Kirby games like Avalanche, Dream Course or Block Ball. Just an FYI in case folks want to play those.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:36:22 am by kashell »

tpugmire

« Reply #424 on: March 25, 2015, 11:31:03 am »
I think it turned out pretty good. Sorry about that chair fart business, good times!
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

mrnikon

« Reply #425 on: March 25, 2015, 11:32:41 am »
in case you missed it here is the link to the recording. So we all can relive the farting chair!

https://youtu.be/WY-HeIpkzMU

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #426 on: March 25, 2015, 12:57:31 pm »
Fighterpilot, we still can't see 'dat face! We need more face.

Conversely, we see lots of dash's face. Not there's anything wrong with that (still rockin' that jaunty cap), but I thought the thing was set up in such a way that it would flip between people.

Those sounds! When tpug moved his chair I thought that he was about excuse himself for a hot minute.

I liked the topics you went with. As usual, I really enjoyed listening to it and it was great to see some East Coast representation in the form of Mr Nikon.

Also, the Kirby Collection doesn't have playable versions of non-traditional Kirby games like Avalanche, Dream Course or Block Ball. Just an FYI in case folks want to play those.

The way I am currently step up, my cam way to close to my not so pretty mug lol, I dont have  a fancy office or anythign and i stay in my room (which lacks space)

And ya, my friend watches it and said that the host (dashv in this case) should ask us directly the questions, instead of just throwing out the question and we talk over each other. But this is why we are open to improvements and want suggestions. So we can improve the show and draw more folks.

And he is also complaining he cant see me lol.

If anyone has suggestions on how we can improve, please tell us, we do want to know what we can do to better the show.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #427 on: March 25, 2015, 01:02:03 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/retroreloadpodcast

Also, dont forget to like us on facebook!

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #428 on: March 25, 2015, 02:03:03 pm »
I just wish there was a way to make it so the screen could either:

A. Have all of the faces on screen but equally sized or...

B. Make the switching less...spastic? Is that the word I'm looking for? It's hard to explain.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #429 on: March 25, 2015, 02:12:52 pm »

B. Make the switching less...spastic? Is that the word I'm looking for? It's hard to explain.

I actually would love to see A happen. It would make more sense IMO. But with google plus. who knows.

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #430 on: March 25, 2015, 02:23:33 pm »
Google Plus? More like Google...

...wait for it...

...almost there...

MINUS!

HEY-O!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #431 on: March 25, 2015, 03:11:46 pm »
Its an inherent problem with google hangouts. If you guys wanted to change it you would have to look for solutions elsewhere. I know I already suggested skype but it really is one of the best solutions for podcasts with multiple people. Just a thought if anyone wanted to try it out.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #432 on: March 25, 2015, 09:44:46 pm »

The screen sharing is baked in and very spazzy.

Either you manually drive it the whole show while also trying to participate. Or you let it auto jump.

What happened yesterday was a comedy of errors. My sound on my machine (which was hosting the entire hangout) died for no reason 2 minutes before we went live.

I ended up coming in from another computer and what we all saw during the show is not what the host machine recorded. We all saw the screen switching. For some reason it recorded just me and from the far out angle. :P

No matter how prepared you are Google hang out can be quite glitchy at times. We might want to try you tube live at some point and see if it has better options.

Believe me my intent was not to have the camera on me the whole show.

Actually, my secret goal is to be kicked off the show I started for gross incompetence. How am I doing so far?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:47:09 pm by dashv »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #433 on: March 25, 2015, 10:25:42 pm »

1049-2600-8730

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #434 on: March 25, 2015, 11:59:28 pm »
Spreecast looks like they have a better format for Brady bunch style presentation. That's not a slam, It's just the best way I know to describe it.

I wonder what their screen sharing options are.