Author Topic: Do you preorder games and if so, why?  (Read 1987 times)

richvgs

Re: Do you preorder games and if so, why?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 06:41:49 pm »
1. Legit limited editions of games.
2. Smaller company releases like NIS or Atlus (harder to find randomly)
3. Generally preorder any mainstream stuff from Best Buy since you get $10 certificate with reservation and pick up.

jsoup

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 05:23:27 am »
I used to pre-order all the time. When I was an active Amazon TURK user, I'd be getting free Amazon credit left and right, a bit of which I'd apply to game pre-orders that specifically gave $10+ back as more Amazon credit. For active users of the system, it was basically get a free game and be paid for it. This is actually one of the main reasons TURK pays out less now and you see less pre-orders with credit kickbacks.

Aside from that, I'd only pre-order games I knew I was going to enjoy, the most recent one being Costume Quest 2 and the current WoW expansion.

azure

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 08:10:06 am »
I preorder a game only when I know I want it and want to ensure I get a copy at launch. Bonuses play in as well (even though I don't really like preorder bonuses that are actual in game content) recently I preordered Resident Evil Revelations 2 as it's the only way to play as Hunk in the raid mode at this point in time.