Author Topic: Buying (JP) Imports  (Read 3505 times)

Re: Buying (JP) Imports
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 01:46:47 am »
Hey all, another question concerning imports.

I just bought Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Children - Kuro no Sho Gameboy Color cart for less than $4 with shipping (condition just said good, but if it was the original pic, it looked absolutely fine to me, sticker had no damage). I think this is a pretty good deal, but I was wondering if you all use any specific sites to find the average price for JP games? (I'm sure that I'll buy a complete edition sometime, which a few people here seem to have, but the price seemed so good that it'd be silly not to buy one for casual play or show).

Sometimes Ebay has the average, but not always, and my usual site didn't have it at all.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 02:55:19 am »
Some of you may have already seen my sweet famicom pickup in episode 4 of the Retro Reload Podcast.

I bought it all from a nice Canadian fellow who lives in Japan.

His collection is huge and the prices even with shipping are great!

Here's a link to his for sale page on RFGeneration:

http://www.rfgeneration.com/forum/index.php?topic=9956.0

Also there is SAL and SAL Registered. sAL registered takes the same amount of time as unregistered, but includes tracking.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 02:57:21 am by dashv »

maximo310

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 03:02:56 am »
When I buy Japanese imports, I just hunt around for the best price although I've been pretty lucky on some finds. From super famicom, I got complete copies of Front Mission Final Fantasy VI, Front Mission Gun Hazard, and Bahamut Lagoon for around $10 each, with one of them being around $15. For Sega Saturn, I used this guy called japanemblem for awhile, since I was able to get SAL shipping on like 5 games for about $8 shipping, and each game price with that was around $4 each so he really helped with picking up some great commons including vampire savior. Only problem is that, other people caught on and I haven't bought any anything from him in the last few months because of that.

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 03:31:59 am »
Some of you may have already seen my sweet famicom pickup in episode 4 of the Retro Reload Podcast.

I bought it all from a nice Canadian fellow who lives in Japan.

His collection is huge and the prices even with shipping are great!

Here's a link to his for sale page on RFGeneration:

http://www.rfgeneration.com/forum/index.php?topic=9956.0

Also there is SAL and SAL Registered. sAL registered takes the same amount of time as unregistered, but includes tracking.

I saw you mention that on the podcast, but hadn't checked for the list. Thank you for posting it! I saw a few Megami Tensei games, so I'm looking into getting them.  :D Even though I plan on getting CIBs, you can't go wrong for a loose cart at those prices.

(To the other responder): Yeah, the account I bought mine from is: http://www.ebay.com/usr/j11e4202?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

I can't vouch for the seller yet, but stuff there is pretty cheap!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 03:42:39 am »
Glad I could help you out!

gf78

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 03:52:22 pm »

Everyone should be aware that SAL shipping should be called SLOW shipping.  An order that shipped on February 3rd from Japan finally arrived yesterday, 03/16/2015.  That's 41 days.   :-[  It took 35 of those days to arrive in New Jersey.

Another auction I won for Policenauts has been in shipping limbo for the past 16 days with no update.  Again, SAL shipping. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 05:59:08 pm »

Everyone should be aware that SAL shipping should be called SLOW shipping.  An order that shipped on February 3rd from Japan finally arrived yesterday, 03/16/2015.  That's 41 days.   :-[  It took 35 of those days to arrive in New Jersey.

Another auction I won for Policenauts has been in shipping limbo for the past 16 days with no update.  Again, SAL shipping.

41 days!

Noah was trapped in his ark for 1 day less! :)

gf78

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2015, 09:32:57 pm »
It was a rediculous amount of time. I felt relief when I saw it finally arrived in Jersey. Then, Pure anxiety as the thought crossed my mind that the postal service has had 35 days and counting to punt it around like Ace Ventura.  :-[

Luckily, they arrived in tip-top condition!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us