Author Topic: April 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 26344 times)

kashell

Re: April 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2015, 02:26:20 pm »
My copy of Romancing SaGa 2 arrived. I'm still neck-deep in RS3 so it may be some time before I can get into it, but I'm glad I found it for a good price.
Any luck on a complete copy of Romancing Saga 1 yet?

Maybe. I found this on amazon, take a look at the last listing. Maybe you have some thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002VHVPPE/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1430482851&sr=8-3

Not only is the image for Romancing SaGa 2, but the condition being listed as acceptable makes me cautious. Also, it'd be shipped from Japan so it'd be a hot minute before it arrived AND who knows how much more damaged it'd get in transit.
Yeah, honestly stuff like that is a bit risky from Amazon. Amazon Japan may have more options, but most of the sellers usually don't ship to the US. The best option I can reccomend is Ebay, and I did find a listing thats in good condition for the price. Here's what it looks like:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Romancing-SaGa-Nintendo-snes-sfc-NTSC-J-Japan-/331541773209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d316dfb99

I think the only problem is that it's going to take awhile to ship from Japan, but all of the US sellers on Ebay only have the game as cart only below that price. Hopefully, it won't get damaged too much in shipping, since I have had cd cases fall apart when in transit, but most of the cib sfc games I've ordered have been properly wrapped and weren't damaged at all.

*sigh*

Maybe it's time to bite the proverbial bullet and sign up for e(vil)Bay. Thanks for finding this, btw. ^^

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2015, 02:38:34 pm »
I got a good deal on 15 brandnew gaming t-shirts. And some other goodies on the picture.

Not on the picture:
3 posters, FIFA 15, Mariokart for the WiiU, and one from Dice from 2013 still sealed. A mini poster from evolve. And a promo card from metal gear solid the phantom pain.

All for 20 euro's

maximo310

« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2015, 02:38:44 pm »
My copy of Romancing SaGa 2 arrived. I'm still neck-deep in RS3 so it may be some time before I can get into it, but I'm glad I found it for a good price.

Maybe. I found this on amazon, take a look at the last listing. Maybe you have some thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002VHVPPE/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1430482851&sr=8-3

Not only is the image for Romancing SaGa 2, but the condition being listed as acceptable makes me cautious. Also, it'd be shipped from Japan so it'd be a hot minute before it arrived AND who knows how much more damaged it'd get in transit.
Yeah, honestly stuff like that is a bit risky from Amazon. Amazon Japan may have more options, but most of the sellers usually don't ship to the US. The best option I can reccomend is Ebay, and I did find a listing thats in good condition for the price. Here's what it looks like:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Romancing-SaGa-Nintendo-snes-sfc-NTSC-J-Japan-/331541773209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d316dfb99

I think the only problem is that it's going to take awhile to ship from Japan, but all of the US sellers on Ebay only have the game as cart only below that price. Hopefully, it won't get damaged too much in shipping, since I have had cd cases fall apart when in transit, but most of the cib sfc games I've ordered have been properly wrapped and weren't damaged at all.

*sigh*

Maybe it's time to bite the proverbial bullet and sign up for e(vil)Bay. Thanks for finding this, btw. ^^
Yeah, I really think its the only way to pick up a complete copy for a low price. I can't find the game on other sites where I usually import stuff, so Ebay is like the best option. There was another listing for a lower price, but the battery for saving in the cart was listed as having a good chance of not working, so it seemed like a better option, especially since the seller for( the listing above) has 100% feedback. Anyways, I'm glad to help you out with this, since finding cib sfc games can be pretty hard to find for a low price nowadays, especially on some of those titles like Front Mission: Gun Hazard.

kashell

« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2015, 03:12:03 pm »

*sigh*

Yeah, I really think its the only way to pick up a complete copy for a low price. I can't find the game on other sites where I usually import stuff, so Ebay is like the best option. There was another listing for a lower price, but the battery for saving in the cart was listed as having a good chance of not working, so it seemed like a better option, especially since the seller for( the listing above) has 100% feedback. Anyways, I'm glad to help you out with this, since finding cib sfc games can be pretty hard to find for a low price nowadays, especially on some of those titles like Front Mission: Gun Hazard.

And of course...eBay is blocked at work. So I can't have a look at the link until I get home. ~_~()

argyle

« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2015, 03:50:59 pm »
OK, here's the story of my estate sale haul today, and how I stuck it to the eBay resellers. :)

In case anyone didn't see my post in the general thread I made while standing in line this morning, there were two guys that had gotten there ahead of me & were swapping stories about the best way to price gouge for the games they picked up at yard sales. Two *really* douchey guys. I whispered to my wife that we were wasting our time, because since they had gotten there ahead of us & would therefore get in before us, I figured they would have anything worth having before I got there. But I had woken up early & gotten there, so I was gonna stay & see what happened. Well when 8:00 hit & they let us in, I see those two guys heading towards the back of the house. I knew the people having the sale had mentioned some stuff was upstairs, so I figured I'd go that way & see what I could find. The game stuff wasn't there, but wouldn't you know sitting in a closet was an empty NES/ROB system bundle box. I snatched that, it's not in perfect shape but I've definitely seen worse and it's my first NES box. No styrofoam, unfortunately, but what can you do? I ask the people upstairs that were working the sale where the games were, and the lead me back downstairs & pointed to a room in the far back of the house.

I go in, and sure enough there are the scalper brothers tearing through the games & systems in the corner. But what's this?!?! Right above their heads, that they'e completely ignoring, is a complete & in really good condition ROB! :D That was the main thing I wanted, since I had seen "Nintendo robot" mentioned in the description of what they had. I reach over their heads and grab it, and as soon as I do one of the two guys looks up and just groans. He goes "man, I drove an hour to get that! I can't believe it was sitting right there and I looked over it!" Then he sees the box, and is like "where did you get that!?!?" I told him, and both of those guys looked like someone had just drowned their favorite puppy. It was all I could do not to laugh. Turns out there were no big scores in the games either - best thing they had was a Dragon Quest IV, but they had it marked $50 so that was hardly a deal. Oh, and the NES systems were being sold for $30/each, with NOTHING but the system - controllers were marked $10 each, and I'm not even sure if they had the power/video cords. So I finally get to the games, and pull out a decent selection that I either had fond memories of as a kid or were cheap enough & interested me enough that I figured they were worth the pickup. All of them were priced from $2 to $8 (Gradius was $8, but I loved that game as a kid).

So I came away with all of this:

IMG_4432

...for $81 total. I feel like that was a really good price, especially judging by what at a glance I saw some complete ROB's going for on eBay. He's going to be a real showpiece in my collection - gonna clean him up real good & find a nice place to display him.  ;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2015, 04:15:55 pm »
Amazing find, my friend.  I can't ever seem to find a Deluxe Set box.  That's what I got on Christmas of 1986, but I tossed the box out.  Well done!

theflea

« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2015, 06:49:26 pm »
OK, here's the story of my estate sale haul today, and how I stuck it to the eBay resellers. :)

In case anyone didn't see my post in the general thread I made while standing in line this morning, there were two guys that had gotten there ahead of me & were swapping stories about the best way to price gouge for the games they picked up at yard sales. Two *really* douchey guys. I whispered to my wife that we were wasting our time, because since they had gotten there ahead of us & would therefore get in before us, I figured they would have anything worth having before I got there. But I had woken up early & gotten there, so I was gonna stay & see what happened. Well when 8:00 hit & they let us in, I see those two guys heading towards the back of the house. I knew the people having the sale had mentioned some stuff was upstairs, so I figured I'd go that way & see what I could find. The game stuff wasn't there, but wouldn't you know sitting in a closet was an empty NES/ROB system bundle box. I snatched that, it's not in perfect shape but I've definitely seen worse and it's my first NES box. No styrofoam, unfortunately, but what can you do? I ask the people upstairs that were working the sale where the games were, and the lead me back downstairs & pointed to a room in the far back of the house.

I go in, and sure enough there are the scalper brothers tearing through the games & systems in the corner. But what's this?!?! Right above their heads, that they'e completely ignoring, is a complete & in really good condition ROB! :D That was the main thing I wanted, since I had seen "Nintendo robot" mentioned in the description of what they had. I reach over their heads and grab it, and as soon as I do one of the two guys looks up and just groans. He goes "man, I drove an hour to get that! I can't believe it was sitting right there and I looked over it!" Then he sees the box, and is like "where did you get that!?!?" I told him, and both of those guys looked like someone had just drowned their favorite puppy. It was all I could do not to laugh. Turns out there were no big scores in the games either - best thing they had was a Dragon Quest IV, but they had it marked $50 so that was hardly a deal. Oh, and the NES systems were being sold for $30/each, with NOTHING but the system - controllers were marked $10 each, and I'm not even sure if they had the power/video cords. So I finally get to the games, and pull out a decent selection that I either had fond memories of as a kid or were cheap enough & interested me enough that I figured they were worth the pickup. All of them were priced from $2 to $8 (Gradius was $8, but I loved that game as a kid).

Ahh I love the sound of a Reseller's cry in the morning. lol
Grats of the Deluxe Set box / ROB pick up, in my garage sale quests I have yet to find a Deluxe Set Box or a ROB for that matter.

But I had a great system box find this weekend myself, I'll post pic's once I'm finished with garage sales tomorrow.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 06:51:17 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #187 on: May 03, 2015, 02:40:31 am »
Nice rob score and cool story bro!