Author Topic: May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 24237 times)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 10:07:52 pm »
Got Night Trap on the CD 32X
also received my Best of Classic Game Room kickstarter reward which included signed copies of the blu-ray and the rise and fall of the internet's greatest video game review show DVD.

Was the Night Trap pickup based on my suggestion on last weeks show? 32x and 3DO were the best versions.

Hope you enjoy it! :)

I mentioned in an earlier podcast that I was looking for that version. Got it for a couple bucks more than the plain sega CD version

Also earlier in the week picked up
Stick It To The Man PS4
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus VITA
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite PSP

And Today
the Lego Movie Videogame Wii U
Dragonball Xenoverse XV PS4

argyle

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 12:19:31 am »
Awesome find on that box w/ goodies, Flea! I'm also jealous of your Trinity Universe, that's one of the few PS3 RPGs I'm still missing and I haven't come across it anywhere so far. 

I went out to sales yesterday since there were several neighborhoods having sales. The first two were busts, not much at all in the first neighborhood and calling the second one a "neighborhood wide sale" was a joke, I think I saw 4-5 sales. The last one was packed, tons of sales and tons of people. Very few games, as usual - asked everywhere, and I mostly got the usual weird look & "no.." answers from people. Some guy was selling a fat PS2 w/ 5-6 games, nothing spectacular, for $70. :o Would not part out games, the only one I had any interest in was Dynasty Warriors 4 anyway and I doubt he would have sold it for anything I would have paid. Some lady said she had a DSi & 1 game - Rio - when I asked if she had any video games. $40 - I don't think so. Some other lady had a 360 - I didn't need it, but I asked her how much out of curiosity. She said she would "let it go" for $125. When I told her no, her friend starts in with "That's still almost $400 in stores!" I told her it wasn't, that everyone was trying to get rid of them because the new systems were out. She replies "That's a Kinect." Oh, well in that case, HELL no. :P

I was about to quit when I finally started to have some luck. A minor find first, 2 Perfect Shot gun controllers for the Wii - those things you snap the wiimote into. I had been wanting those for all the light gun games on the system. $2 for the pair.

About 3 houses later, I see a couple of crappy PS2 games mixed in with some DVDs. I ask the guy if he has any other games, and he says just a couple of PS2 games. When I ask what they are, he says he can go inside & check. Comes out a few mins later w/ a stack of 360 games which I had no interest in, a Harry Potter 3-game collection in a slip cover for the PS2 which I grabbed just to add to the collection, and Final Fantasy 7 (GH). When I asked how much, he says "Well I was asking $2/each for the other games." Sold! $8 for the HP set & FF7.

A few houses after THAT, I walk up just as a guy is bringing out a stack of 360 games from his house. Glance through them & see Bioshock, which I needed to recomplete my 360 CE of that game, and the Marvel Ultimate Alliance / Forza 2 2-pack. He sells me both of them for $2.

Then just after that, I find a house w/ a box full of Wii stuff. See a few games I don't have, nothing spectacular (side note, apparently no one in my town bought first party Nintendo games for their Wii. I *never* see them. It's the strangest thing). She says she wants $50 for the system, games, everything. I ask if she'll sell the games separately, and she says she really wants to get rid of it all. I chuckle and reply "You and everyone else." She laughs and says true, and then tells me to just make her an offer (finally, someone with a sense of humor :P ). I offer her $16 for 8 of the games, she says "give me $20 & take the whole box." Done! In the box was:

• White Wii system w/ all cables, manuals, stand, etc.
  • 3 Wiimotes
  • 2 Nunchucks
  • HDMI cable
  • Off-brand steering wheel
  • Link's Crossbow Training w/ Wii Zapper (no box tho, sadly :( )
  • Cooking Mama: Cook Off
  • Thrillville: Off The Rails
  • Monopoly
  • Wii Play
  • Family Game Night 2
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (disk is completely trashed, but luckily I already have this one)
  • Rayman Raving Rabids TV Party (case/manual but disk is missing - main one I saw that interested me too :( )
Oh - and for some reason, a complete baby monitor set. ???

And today I went one town over & hit up the retro store. Traded in the SNES I bought last year that reeked of cigarette smoke - I never could de-stench it - and Dragon Age: Inquisition for the PS4 which I just haven't gotten around to (and expect a "complete" edition to hit before I do at this point). Used the credit to grab:
  • Sphinx & The Cursed Mummy - PS2 - $5
  • Super Bust-A-Move - PS2 - $5
  • Dead Space 2 CE - PS3, in absolute MINT condition - $50

Walked next door to the flea market & found:
  • Amped 2 - Xbox, still factory sealed - $4
  • Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - PS2 - $5

And finally, I checked their Gamestop & got 4 more from the 4-for-$10 sale:
  • inFamous - PS3
  • Shaun White Snowboarding - PS3
  • The Fight: Lights Out - PS3
  • Sonic & The Secret Rings - Wii
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

maximo310

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 01:17:30 am »
Awesome find on that box w/ goodies, Flea! I'm also jealous of your Trinity Universe, that's one of the few PS3 RPGs I'm still missing and I haven't come across it anywhere so far. 

I went out to sales yesterday since there were several neighborhoods having sales. The first two were busts, not much at all in the first neighborhood and calling the second one a "neighborhood wide sale" was a joke, I think I saw 4-5 sales. The last one was packed, tons of sales and tons of people. Very few games, as usual - asked everywhere, and I mostly got the usual weird look & "no.." answers from people. Some guy was selling a fat PS2 w/ 5-6 games, nothing spectacular, for $70. :o Would not part out games, the only one I had any interest in was Dynasty Warriors 4 anyway and I doubt he would have sold it for anything I would have paid. Some lady said she had a DSi & 1 game - Rio - when I asked if she had any video games. $40 - I don't think so. Some other lady had a 360 - I didn't need it, but I asked her how much out of curiosity. She said she would "let it go" for $125. When I told her no, her friend starts in with "That's still almost $400 in stores!" I told her it wasn't, that everyone was trying to get rid of them because the new systems were out. She replies "That's a Kinect." Oh, well in that case, HELL no. :P

I was about to quit when I finally started to have some luck. A minor find first, 2 Perfect Shot gun controllers for the Wii - those things you snap the wiimote into. I had been wanting those for all the light gun games on the system. $2 for the pair.

About 3 houses later, I see a couple of crappy PS2 games mixed in with some DVDs. I ask the guy if he has any other games, and he says just a couple of PS2 games. When I ask what they are, he says he can go inside & check. Comes out a few mins later w/ a stack of 360 games which I had no interest in, a Harry Potter 3-game collection in a slip cover for the PS2 which I grabbed just to add to the collection, and Final Fantasy 7 (GH). When I asked how much, he says "Well I was asking $2/each for the other games." Sold! $8 for the HP set & FF7.

A few houses after THAT, I walk up just as a guy is bringing out a stack of 360 games from his house. Glance through them & see Bioshock, which I needed to recomplete my 360 CE of that game, and the Marvel Ultimate Alliance / Forza 2 2-pack. He sells me both of them for $2.

Then just after that, I find a house w/ a box full of Wii stuff. See a few games I don't have, nothing spectacular (side note, apparently no one in my town bought first party Nintendo games for their Wii. I *never* see them. It's the strangest thing). She says she wants $50 for the system, games, everything. I ask if she'll sell the games separately, and she says she really wants to get rid of it all. I chuckle and reply "You and everyone else." She laughs and says true, and then tells me to just make her an offer (finally, someone with a sense of humor :P ). I offer her $16 for 8 of the games, she says "give me $20 & take the whole box." Done! In the box was:

• White Wii system w/ all cables, manuals, stand, etc.
  • 3 Wiimotes
  • 2 Nunchucks
  • HDMI cable
  • Off-brand steering wheel
  • Link's Crossbow Training w/ Wii Zapper (no box tho, sadly :( )
  • Cooking Mama: Cook Off
  • Thrillville: Off The Rails
  • Monopoly
  • Wii Play
  • Family Game Night 2
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (disk is completely trashed, but luckily I already have this one)
  • Rayman Raving Rabids TV Party (case/manual but disk is missing - main one I saw that interested me too :( )
Oh - and for some reason, a complete baby monitor set. ???

And today I went one town over & hit up the retro store. Traded in the SNES I bought last year that reeked of cigarette smoke - I never could de-stench it - and Dragon Age: Inquisition for the PS4 which I just haven't gotten around to (and expect a "complete" edition to hit before I do at this point). Used the credit to grab:
  • Sphinx & The Cursed Mummy - PS2 - $5
  • Super Bust-A-Move - PS2 - $5
  • Dead Space 2 CE - PS3, in absolute MINT condition - $50

Walked next door to the flea market & found:
  • Amped 2 - Xbox, still factory sealed - $4
  • Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - PS2 - $5

And finally, I checked their Gamestop & got 4 more from the 4-for-$10 sale:
  • inFamous - PS3
  • Shaun White Snowboarding - PS3
  • The Fight: Lights Out - PS3
  • Sonic & The Secret Rings - Wii
Damn, you and Flea really killed it with the finds this week, especially with the stuff you got for those prices!

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2015, 01:59:17 am »
Some slim pickings over a long-touted "100-mile garage sale."  It's a series of towns over the Minnesota and Wisconsin borders that do garage sales over the same weekend.  It varies greatly in what can be found there.

This year: 

Dante's Inferno
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
All for the PSP, $1 a piece.

Resident Evil: Code: Veronica X (RE 5th Anniversary Edition) version. (PS2)
Chakan with case and manual (Genesis)
Congo Bongo with manual (2600)
Tapper with manual (2600)

These were from a dealer who'd set up a shop in a parking lot during the weekend.

Nice Chakan pickup!

doafan

May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased: Sqoon
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2015, 12:01:05 pm »
Damn I just wondering how the hell does people manage to add so many games every month to their collections, I can barely purchase one each week and this one is not the exception cause am adding into my NES library the Sqoon title, before I started writing this post went into the search option of the NES titles just to see how many people has this one at their collections and it's kinda sad that only 38 people have it at their collections, Irem as Natsume are two of my favorites companies and with a good of reasons because almost all of their games are so fucking amazing, this title was at my list for some months but haven't been lucky until a couple of days ago when I saw it at Mercado Libre Mexico for only 16 bucks, as everybody can see it might now be in excellent condition but it's very fine and for this price I only can say that it was a very good deal  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

Warmsignal

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 05:16:46 pm »
Found myself back at the flea markets again this year. Managed to grab a few.

Raw Danger - PS2
Ape Escape 3 - PS2
Sly Cooper - PS2
Judge Dredd - PS1
Tiger-Heli - NES
The Sims 3 LateNight - PC

Then at GameStop I could not resist the new Wii U controllers. I don't know what exactly makes them "fight sticks", but I like them for collecting purposes. I got the Yoshi one. It seems like the Wario one is the hardest to find.

argyle

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2015, 06:03:54 pm »
Found myself back at the flea markets again this year. Managed to grab a few.

Raw Danger - PS2
Ape Escape 3 - PS2
Sly Cooper - PS2
Judge Dredd - PS1
Tiger-Heli - NES
The Sims 3 LateNight - PC

Then at GameStop I could not resist the new Wii U controllers. I don't know what exactly makes them "fight sticks", but I like them for collecting purposes. I got the Yoshi one. It seems like the Wario one is the hardest to find.

Now that you say that, I don't recall seeing the Wario one at any of the Gamestops I've been to recently. My favorite is the Samus one, I may have to get it - but I don't know that I'd get them all.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

retrogemcollector

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2015, 09:15:58 pm »
Here are mine:

spac316

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2015, 10:43:44 pm »
Bought Tiny Toons Buster Busts Loose for SNES and a loose manual for Cobra Triangle.

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 10:51:03 pm »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 11:18:02 pm »
I got you all beat.

;)

argyle

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2015, 11:22:10 pm »
Here are mine:

What kind of game is that Farcry? I'm assuming it doesn't play like a standard FC game.

I got you all beat.

;)

Hey, that Ehrgeiz is pretty sweet. :D

doafan

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2015, 11:00:07 am »
I got you all beat.

http://i57.tinypic.com/szvn0m.jpg

;)
How much did you paid for that Rumble Roses ?, already got my copy years ago but the manual is missing and really want it back  ;)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2015, 11:50:42 am »
I got you all beat.

http://i57.tinypic.com/szvn0m.jpg

;)
How much did you paid for that Rumble Roses ?, already got my copy years ago but the manual is missing and really want it back  ;)

Got it for $9 complete.

They've had a case and manual one for $7 but I also prefer to have the instruction manual!

Good thing too this game actually turns out to be a legit wrestling game!

doafan

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2015, 12:35:15 pm »
Am a wrestling fan in real life but not so much in video games but this one is the exception, have to admit that I purchased my copy only for this Dixie Clements image and because there was a promo of Metal Gear 3 and Rumble Roses in a magazine, in my personal opinion its a shame that the second one for the 360 is not as good as this one  >:(