Author Topic: May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 24225 times)

Warmsignal

Re: May 2015 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2015, 10:44:01 am »
Purchased the game last month only to find that it was in a delivery limbo, but I'm glad it arrived.  Plus, in awesome condition.

Dual Hearts (PS2)

I'm kind of wondering at this point if my mentioning of this game in the PS2 "price spike" thread is what has inspired so much buzz about it recently. I think I've noticed it being added to several forum members collections since then. It's one of those obscure games that is going up in price pretty much on the mystique alone.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2015, 10:45:01 am »
I was able to buy most of the amiibo I was casually looking for.
Pac-Man
Charzard
Greninja
Wario
Splatoon 3 pack
G
Of course can't find the 2 I really wanted though

EDIT:...Ended up also getting a Yoshi and Link Wii U fight pad and a blue PS4 controller
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:40:23 pm by redblaze57 »

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2015, 02:26:31 pm »
Purchased the game last month only to find that it was in a delivery limbo, but I'm glad it arrived.  Plus, in awesome condition.

Dual Hearts (PS2)

I'm kind of wondering at this point if my mentioning of this game in the PS2 "price spike" thread is what has inspired so much buzz about it recently. I think I've noticed it being added to several forum members collections since then. It's one of those obscure games that is going up in price pretty much on the mystique alone.

Which makes me upset I passed on it at HPB just because it didnt have the manual :/

spac316

« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2015, 04:47:22 pm »
I got Splatoon for Wii U today. I also got the Inkling Boy and Girl amiibos as well as Silver Mario. The guy at Gamestop said that it was the last Inkling Boy so that was a good call. Silver Mario I'll keep in its package. Inklings I take out. I also have Ness and Pac-Man on the way. Should arrive to my place around June.

I also found Q*Bert for Game Boy at a Goodwill.

theflea

« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2015, 04:06:50 pm »
Hit garage sales and waited in a long lines to get Amiibos this week.
Wasn't a ton of sales due to there being a lot of rain this week, but still had a couple nice finds.

Amiibo
After getting off work at 3am I hit all the 24hr stores and picked up most of the figures I needed, Then waited outside Target, Toys R Us and Gamestop to get the exclusive figures. Got all the new figures except 2. :(
- Inkling Boy
- Inkling Girl
- Splatoon 3 Pack
- Charizard
- Wario
- Pac-Man
- Silver Mario
- Jigglypuff
- Greninja
- Ness
- Marth (he has an eye variation so I'm holding on to it)
Just couldn't get my hands on Lucina and Robin.  :(

PS3
Found this at a garage sale for $4.
- Lair
Picked this on sale brand new for $10
- Lego Batman 3

XB360
- Farcry Compilation (only way to get Blood Dragon physical copy)

Wii
Got to a huge community sale and found these Wii games for $2 a piece.
- Redneck Jamboree (yee haa) lol
- Call of Duty Black Ops
- Punch-Out! (SEALED)  :o

XB 
Stopped at a sale that had two Xbox's on the table, one loose and one boxed with 2 games. The boxed one was $8 and loose was $5. So I grabbed the boxed one, it was just too cheap to pass up. Plus both games I didn't have.
- Godfather
- Rocky

NDS
Found many left over DS games on the cheap. All under $2.
- My Little Pony: Pinkie Pie's Party
- Monsters vs. Aliens
- Spelling Challenges
- Fab 5 Soccer
- Big Hero 6 (case & manual only FREE)
- Madagascar Escape 2 Africa
- MySims Kingdom
- G.I. Joe the Rise of Cobra

PS2
Found a stack of PS2 games for $1 a piece.
- NBA 09 The Inside
- College Hoops NCAA 2K9
- Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories
- Midway Arcade Treasures 2
- Street Fighter II Anniversary Collection

PS1
Asked a lady about video games and she said she had some PS1 games, I got this whole stack for $10.
- A Bug's Life
- Pong
- Croc
- Crash Team Racing
- Spyro the Dragon

NES
Asked a guy about video games and he said he had some Nintendo games, this was all he could find.
- Game Genie
- Super Mario Bros. 3
Got all for $3.

GEN
And last at that community sale I mentioned before, I asked a lady about video games and she said she had some at her house down the street. She first asked about coming back later, but I told her I don't mind walking so I walked a couple blocks to her house and waited outside as she brings out a Sega Genesis (model 2) with 2 controllers AV hookups (no adapter) and 21 loose games! When I asked what do you want for it all, I heard $10 and was happy to give her the money. lol Here's what was in there.
- Sonic & Knuckles
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Sonic Spinball
- Lion King
- Aladdin
- Tiny Toon Adventures
- Clue
- Animanics
- Ahhh... Real Monsters
- Bonkers
- Ecco Jr.
- Batman Forever
- Mortal Kombat
- Beavis & Butt-Head
- Ms. Pac-Man
- The Simpson's Bart's Nightmare
- The Jungle Book
- Castle of Illusion staring Mickey Mouse
- Desert Demolition
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
- Toy Story
Also picked up this at another sale for .50c
- NBA Live 97

Stopped at a sale and asked a lady about video games and she said she had an old Nintendo but it was buried in a closet and she was still in the middle of cleaning it out. Asked me to come back in a couple hours. I come back and she shows me a Wii (white) with 2 crappy games I didn't need, so I just passed.  :-\

Stopped at one neighborhood sale and I swear, I saw every reseller I know there. Every sale that had games was so picked over. One of the resellers that knows me well (and has given me issues in the past) was complaining about there was to many of them there. So I pretty much got outta there and looked else where. 

"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #155 on: May 30, 2015, 05:00:54 pm »
A big annual street sale was today so I checked it out. Lots of random PS2/PS3/X360/Wii/DS games and I passed on all of them. Prices were ok but nothing I was after.

But I did get a sealed Wii remote charger kit for a buck. A Value Village had some stuff and I grabbed Sims 2 Double Deluxe and Project Sylpheed for the 360 for $3 each and then went to the local gamestore and picked up PS2 NFS: Rivals for $15 which was technically free since I had store credit.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 05:15:59 pm by atarileaf »

doafan

« Reply #156 on: May 30, 2015, 05:11:31 pm »
Curiosity is killing me, need to know how much did u pay for that complete Xbox and the NES game genie please.  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

theflea

« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2015, 11:19:08 am »
Curiosity is killing me, need to know how much did u pay for that complete Xbox and the NES game genie please.  8)

I did say what I paid for them.  :P

XB
Stopped at a sale that had two Xbox's on the table, one loose and one boxed with 2 games. The boxed one was $8 and loose was $5. So I grabbed the boxed one, it was just too cheap to pass up. Plus both games I didn't have.
- Godfather
- Rocky4

NES
Asked a guy about video games and he said he had some Nintendo games, this was all he could find.
- Game Genie
- Super Mario Bros. 3
Got all for $3.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

kashell

« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2015, 11:28:58 am »
A shout out to Lady D for helping me with this.

SO! My birthday isn't until June, but it's already shaping up to be better than last year. Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to meet a friend of mine from GameFAQs face to face. She learned that it was my birthday and gave me a gift to end all gifts. Does everyone have their jealousy in check? Well, you should. First, she got me 8 character figures from the Tales series. I know there are only seven in the pics, but the one not shown is Zelos Wilder from Symphonia. He is on display elsewhere.

We see Kyle Dunami, Reala, and Judas from Tales of Destiny 2. This happens to be my favorite in the entire series. We also see Rutee Katrea, Leon Magnus, Lilith Aeleron and Stan Aeleron from Tales of Destiny. They are magnificent. Each one comes with a variety of weapons and attachments that they can equip. I am loving these. They will be put on display in the game room.

But, the biggest gift of all was Lufia 2. Lufia mother-f*cking 2. I am on cloud nine. I have wanted to play this game for years. YEARS I tell you. The best part is, I've already had other friends offer to buy the box and manual for me to make the game complete.

I can't begin to say how grateful I am for her kindness. I've known her for years on GameFAQs and getting to meet her was the best gift of all. Of course, the tangible gifts don't hurt too much, either. This is going to be the best birthday ever if this continues.

desocietas

« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2015, 01:01:14 pm »
Awww <3 <3 <3 that is so amazing! If I've learned anything from the last few years of being on VGC and Twitch, it's that gamers are some of the kindest, most generous people there are. Congrats, and happy birthday!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2015, 08:12:34 am »
Awww <3 <3 <3 that is so amazing! If I've learned anything from the last few years of being on VGC and Twitch, it's that gamers are some of the kindest, most generous people there are. Congrats, and happy birthday!

Thanks so much! I'm still in complete shock from her kindness.

doafan

« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2015, 01:06:18 pm »
I did say what I paid for them.  :P

Sorry, I did read your post from my phone so din't saw the prices cause fonts are so damn small  :P

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

karyann

« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2015, 04:36:58 pm »
A shout out to Lady D for helping me with this.

SO! My birthday isn't until June, but it's already shaping up to be better than last year. Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to meet a friend of mine from GameFAQs face to face. She learned that it was my birthday and gave me a gift to end all gifts. Does everyone have their jealousy in check? Well, you should. First, she got me 8 character figures from the Tales series. I know there are only seven in the pics, but the one not shown is Zelos Wilder from Symphonia. He is on display elsewhere.

We see Kyle Dunami, Reala, and Judas from Tales of Destiny 2. This happens to be my favorite in the entire series. We also see Rutee Katrea, Leon Magnus, Lilith Aeleron and Stan Aeleron from Tales of Destiny. They are magnificent. Each one comes with a variety of weapons and attachments that they can equip. I am loving these. They will be put on display in the game room.

But, the biggest gift of all was Lufia 2. Lufia mother-f*cking 2. I am on cloud nine. I have wanted to play this game for years. YEARS I tell you. The best part is, I've already had other friends offer to buy the box and manual for me to make the game complete.

I can't begin to say how grateful I am for her kindness. I've known her for years on GameFAQs and getting to meet her was the best gift of all. Of course, the tangible gifts don't hurt too much, either. This is going to be the best birthday ever if this continues.

Wow, that's amazing! And some people dare say that people you meet on the Internet are just virtual/worthless relationships. Friends are friends, no matter where you meet them!