Author Topic: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night  (Read 5588 times)

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
« on: May 11, 2015, 03:49:13 pm »
As it's been hinted, Koji Igarashi is going to be making a brand new Castlevania-styled game.  I was never huge into the series, but I think it'll be a cool game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 04:13:29 pm »
Backed the physical version. can't wait to get my hands on it.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 04:36:17 pm »
Tempted to get the physical version, but might just go digital.  Also as I post this, the project is funded lol

haloofthesun

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 04:48:52 pm »
From my understanding, since the game is fully funded now, there will be physical copies. The physical copies from pledging just offer a bonus weapon and boss.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 04:53:45 pm »
I'm in.  Physical Copy for me.

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 05:02:18 pm »
Hopefully they make enough to get to the Wii U stretch goal.  I'd very much prefer to have this on that.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 07:29:37 pm »
So far, from the looks of it the stretch goals aren't going to last long

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 07:34:51 pm »
Another couple hours and they'll be done with all of them and we'll have David Hayter voicing the badguy, heh.

theflea

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 08:06:40 pm »
I already backed it twice, so I can get a physical PS4 and a XBone copy.
If they add a WiiU physical copy I might need to send another $60. lol
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:26:16 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 08:15:24 pm »
I already backed it twice, so I can get a physical PS4 and a XBone copy.
If they add a WiiU physical copy I might need to send another $60. lol

Goodness, that's a lot of copies of this game lol

haloofthesun

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 08:26:44 pm »
Am I misunderstanding something? From everything I've read, the point of the Kickstarter was to fund a physical retail release of the game (plus whatever stretch goals are met), because Iga already had funding to make the game from somewhere else.

The physical copy you get from pledging $60 is just a special edition. You can still buy a physical copy of the game without pledging at all, though. I mean that's fine if that's what you guys are wanting, but if you're just pledging the $60 because you think that's the only way to get a physical disc copy, I don't think that's necessary.

At any rate, the game seems really cool and I'm looking forward to seeing more about it.

theflea

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 08:27:29 pm »
Hopefully they make enough to get to the Wii U stretch goal.  I'd very much prefer to have this on that.

I don't see a stretch goal for a WiiU verson, where did you see this and how much do they gotta make to meet this goal?

Am I misunderstanding something? From everything I've read, the point of the Kickstarter was to fund a physical retail release of the game (plus whatever stretch goals are met), because Iga already had funding to make the game from somewhere else.

The physical copy you get from pledging $60 is just a special edition. You can still buy a physical copy of the game without pledging at all, though. I mean that's fine if that's what you guys are wanting, but if you're just pledging the $60 because you think that's the only way to get a physical disc copy, I don't think that's necessary.

At any rate, the game seems really cool and I'm looking forward to seeing more about it.

Ya i'm sure it will be, but the special version with limited edition cover and extra content made me want to support it plus if everyone thought "oh I don't need to support it, it will come out anyway" it might not get the money needed to get made in the first place.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:31:00 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 08:34:31 pm »
I don't see a stretch goal for a WiiU verson, where did you see this and how much do they gotta make to meet this goal?

In the FAQ section, they talk about a Nintendo version being an extra large expense, since it would be creating two different versions as they want to use the current gen tech to their full advantage, hinting that there's a possibility of it happening through the stretch goals should they make it that far, of course there only being up to David Hayter as a voice actor listed so far, I assume a goal like this would be in the million plus range.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 08:37:46 pm »

Ya i'm sure it will be, but the special version with limited edition cover and extra content made me want to support it plus if everyone thought "oh I don't need to support it, it will come out anyway" it might not get the money needed to get made in the first place.  ;)

The only thing I see about a Wii U release is a cryptic message in the FAQ section asking about it coming to nintendo and that is "That said, we've heard legends about a remarkable treasure hidden in the castle basement..." So maybe after all the current goals are met we might see something?

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 08:45:49 pm »
It's not uncommon for projects to add on additional stretch goals/platforms/goodies if the backers ask for it or they reach their funding checkpoints sooner than they thought.  Hopefully you get your Wii U wish!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas