Author Topic: Movies  (Read 6974 times)

darko

Re: Movies
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2012, 07:29:48 pm »
The Saw series (dont let Darko lie and say he doesnt like it himself ... Hes a closet fan)
Seven
Any of the comic movies

Saw is probably the one series that I have absolutely zero respect for. The only reason there's any story whatsoever is to trick the viewers in to believing that there's some type of rhyme or reason to justify the gratuitous violence. I'll give the first one a slither of credit since it was somewhat original, but the rest are total garbage. The fact that they are released around Halloween and pawned off as an entry to the horror genre sickens me.

Honestly, the violence isn't even what bothers me. It's the terrible acting and complete lack of story.

jcalder8

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 08:05:22 pm »
In no real order:
Lord of the Ring Trilogy
Shawshank Redemption
Ocean's 11 and 13
Toy Story

amauriel

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 05:30:35 pm »
I'm glad to see Shawshank get some love...a lot of it was filmed in Ohio. The courtroom scene at the beginning was filmed at the courthouse I had to appear in when I got my underage speeding ticket. It was very, very weird to see that.

If I had to choose three, it'd probably be up there with Pleasantville, Clue, and maybe Pulp Fiction. I'd need to think about it.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jcalder8

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 08:38:01 pm »
@amauriel, did you tell the judge that it was decidedly inconvenient that you were there?

amauriel

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 08:10:08 pm »
Yeah...saw the movie AFTER the speeding ticket. Sorry to burst your bubble.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

foxhack

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 09:59:07 pm »
Well I just saw Inception.

Mind = BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

scott

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 02:12:29 pm »
I still need to watch Inception, I wish I had gone to see it in the theater though, but never got around to it. :(
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 05:39:51 pm »
I did not like Inception.  I enjoyed the action sequences but I came to what I feel is the right answer the first time through by about halfway through it. I am trying to be as vague as possible for those who haven't seen it yet.

darko

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 09:48:44 pm »
I watched Inception in a THX certified theater. It was pretty badass. Now could I watch it again? Possibly not.

atariboy

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 09:34:32 am »
Wasn't thrilled to watch inception when it first came out, but after watching it on DVD I wish I would have watched in theatre. I thought it was, as @darko said, Badass!!!
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw