Author Topic: Help me give my Saturn some love!  (Read 2991 times)

sin2beta

Re: Help me give my Saturn some love!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 10:53:09 pm »
Life's been in the way this last year so I haven't been on much (new house, marriage, etc.) But to provide background, I'm a pretty big SEGA fan, it's pretty much all I collect. And I have a tough time loving the Saturn. I'm waiting for the day when it "clicks" with me. But as of now, it is less of a console and an arcade-at-home for SEGA model 2 and ST-V boards along with SNK and Capcom 2D arcade boards of the era. A little inferior to the arcades but not too bad. For that, I love it. But, overall, I can't get into it much.

It is mainly a nostalgia piece of something I always wanted but did not have when it was out. I never had it as a kid. I looked at ads a lot and drooled over commercials. Played the hell out of it at kiosks. And for that, I still love it. Possibly more than it deserves...

But for the nostalgia along with X-Men COTA, Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Shmups galore, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop, chimps galore, Towers of Mystara, Panzer Dragoon, Lost Vikings 2, NiGHTS, and Die Hard Arcade, I love the Saturn.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 04:27:14 am »
Hell man. Saturn is hard to collect for here in America. At least for me it is. Just something that didn't get much love in general. Shame.
PS4-zxzpigxzx
Ebay-https://VintageWarren

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 12:09:31 am »
RPG's on the saturn that aren't $100+? Anyone?

Blazing Heroes

That is until you speak it aloud on the internet. Thus begins the climb..

I'm not exactly ashamed of my Saturn collection although it's certainly not all I'd like it to be. There are some seriously elusive titles in NA for sure.

dreama1

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 12:23:07 am »
I'm looking for suggestions as well. Mostly I will be getting some shmups from japan, but I was wondering if there were any good story driven games on the Saturn (PAL or NTSC). I am aware that SEGA specializes in arcade style quick game play, but I do love story driven games and I was wondering about suggestions. Also, I would rather not play any turn based RPGs.
- Legend of oasis
- Torico (My personal favourite)
- Atlantis
- Mansion of hidden souls
- Enemy zero
- D
- Magic knight rayearth
- Dark seed
- Discworld 1,2
- Blazing dragons
- Pia carrot (You can use the english translation online to play)
- Resident evil

I know you said no turn based rpg's but panzer dragoon saga is incredible and should be experienced you can
buy a japanese copy and follow the translation online if you can't afford the english version.

Anyway these are some of the best ones I can think of right now.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 12:30:00 am by dreama1 »