Author Topic: windows 10  (Read 3099 times)

fazerco

PRO Supporter

Re: windows 10
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 01:39:18 pm »
Ill wait. I never installed windows on a pc before so it will be a challenge. If everything go's ok, no problem, but a big problem if something go's wrong.......

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 11:47:23 pm »
I hated vista. (Skipped it) Reluctantly upgraded from XP to 7. I came to like 7 quite a bit.

Tried 8 for a day. Hated it so much I switched back to 7 immediately.

Tried 8.1 for an hour. Hated it so much I switched back to 7.

Upgraded from 7 to 10. Had to jump through some hoops to get the installer to finish the job. Once it installed though things were good.

I've been running it for over a week now. I see no reason to ever switch back.

I've used the Adobe creative suite (latest version). The Windows 10 upgrade actually fixes a couple of problems I was having in Premiere Pro with windows 7.

I also played Tomb Raider 1080p on ultra settings. 62fps

No issues.

And Crysis 1080p on Maximum settings 61fps.

No issues.

Only thing I could not get working was the GeForce experience app. But that was always buggy in windows 7. I had to install the driver only package.

I see no reason to wait if you're open to the upgrade. Sure some security updates/patches might get released but it really won't be anything game changing because there's nothing needed of that magnitude.

The installer has some quirks but the OS itself is a solid release.

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 09:16:12 am »
I hated vista. (Skipped it) Reluctantly upgraded from XP to 7. I came to like 7 quite a bit.

Tried 8 for a day. Hated it so much I switched back to 7 immediately.

Tried 8.1 for an hour. Hated it so much I switched back to 7.

Upgraded from 7 to 10. Had to jump through some hoops to get the installer to finish the job. Once it installed though things were good.

I've been running it for over a week now. I see no reason to ever switch back.

I've used the Adobe creative suite (latest version). The Windows 10 upgrade actually fixes a couple of problems I was having in Premiere Pro with windows 7.

I also played Tomb Raider 1080p on ultra settings. 62fps

No issues.

And Crysis 1080p on Maximum settings 61fps.

No issues.

Only thing I could not get working was the GeForce experience app. But that was always buggy in windows 7. I had to install the driver only package.

I see no reason to wait if you're open to the upgrade. Sure some security updates/patches might get released but it really won't be anything game changing because there's nothing needed of that magnitude.

The installer has some quirks but the OS itself is a solid release.

I've decided that I will probably install it inside a VM next weekend. That way if I hate it I don't need to go through the trouble of rolling back to 7 pro.

gf78

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 09:55:48 am »
If Windows 10 is anything like Windows, 2, 3, 3.1, 95, Millenium and just about every other version or iteration, it's going to be a buggy mess for awhile.  I have Windows 7 which runs pretty good on my kid's laptops and 8.1 on my wife's touchscreen Dell.  If not for the touchscreen, I would have gotten rid of 8.1 a long time ago. 

Until there is some must-have game or app that requires Windows 10, I'm not touching it.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us