Author Topic: The best and worst concert you've ever attended?  (Read 3825 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

Re: The best and worst concert you've ever attended?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2015, 02:57:56 pm »
Ive only been to one.... I was arrested.  :o

C'mon dude. You can't leave it at that. :)

Inquiring minds wanna know more!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 10:49:29 am »

Was it that Hanson concert you were telling me about?

gf78

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 12:53:21 pm »
Best: Rammstein in Worcester, MA (flamethrowers, giant dick cannons shooting foam, more flamethrowers, band members crowdsurfing in an inflatable raft...)

(Muse also puts on a good show)

Worst: Radiohead somewhere in CA (booooring and sleepy)

Want to see Rammstein in the worst way.   :'(  Watching the live footage from the Liebe ist für alle da tour when they play "pu$$y" with the giant cannon...hilarious.  Their pyrotechnics are second to none and the music is pretty friggin awesome too!

I haven't been to many concerts and none I would call bad.  The worst would have been the USO tour a year or so ago with Chevelle.  They played well, but it was just dull. 

My favorite would be Type O Negative when they were touring in support of their Life is Killing Me album.  They were great and even before that, Lacuna Coil came out and Christina Scabia's beautiful voice was captivating. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

stealthrush

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 04:03:13 am »
I can't say I went to a particularly bad concert, well if you count a show with multiple artists I did. I had to sit though a performance by the Finnish band HIM. The lead singer sat down and smoked while singing and performing the songs. Lackluster to say the least.

One the best I've attended, and nearly passed out from lack of oxygen, was from the punk-ska band The Aquabats! They played at a tiny in-door venue that included crowd surfing from the singer (multiple times) and it was jam packed like sardines with attendees. Full of energy on stage and great crowd reception, real exciting and enthralling show.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 09:51:37 am »
One the best I've attended, and nearly passed out from lack of oxygen, was from the punk-ska band The Aquabats! They played at a tiny in-door venue that included crowd surfing from the singer (multiple times) and it was jam packed like sardines with attendees. Full of energy on stage and great crowd reception, real exciting and enthralling show.

Isn't that the band that was on Yo Gabba Gabba?  My kid was huge into that when he was about 2

stealthrush

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 02:51:29 am »

Isn't that the band that was on Yo Gabba Gabba?  My kid was huge into that when he was about 2

YES! actually the lead singer started the project Yo Gabba Gabba when his band really wasn't doing all too good. The Aquabats! have been around since 1994.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 11:22:34 am »

Hanson haha.

My friend was drinking, got into a fight, I jumped in to break it up, and they arrested us all.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

soera

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 12:23:09 pm »

Hanson haha.

My friend was drinking, got into a fight, I jumped in to break it up, and they arrested us all.

I noticed you didnt deny the Hanson concert. Mmmmm bop!

amauriel

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2015, 09:03:30 am »
The best concert for me was probably the Barenaked Ladies on their Maroon tour. I was in high school, they were my favorite band, and the night was just amazing. They always talk on stage and do a little improv and you don't go "Oh my God, I just saw the Barenaked Ladies!" you go "Oh my God, that was a lot of fun!" and it's really refreshing.

It's a toss-up for worst concert though. Everclear was BAD. It was even the first night of the tour and they just had no energy at all. The other one was back when Nintendo did the Fusion tour and Hawthorne Heights was the headliner. A bunch of friends went with me because the lobby of the venue was going to have the Wii set up and playable, long before it launched. The demo units kept crashing and the only game any of them got to actually play was Excitetruck. I was actually there for the concert, but it was in a big high school auditorium and they had the speaker set-up for a stadium. Couldn't hear for days afterward. Hawthorne Heights and Reliant K were terrible live. The only highlight of the evening was the very first opening band. It was the Plain White T's and they started the night with "We're going to do a song we've just finished and never performed live: Hey There Delilah" and then it was fun to see how big that song got about a year after that when they hit it big.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."