Author Topic: Mega Man Legacy Collection  (Read 4069 times)

foxhack

Re: Mega Man Legacy Collection
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 05:50:16 pm »
(The heck is HD flair?).

It means the game will run at its proper aspect ratio on a TV or monitor. Possibly with borders.

And yes the lack of a Wii U version is weird but something tells me they didn't want to step on Nintendo's Virtual Console moneys.

abe

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 10:48:20 pm »
And yes the lack of a Wii U version is weird but something tells me they didn't want to step on Nintendo's Virtual Console moneys.

But there's going to be a 3DS version and most (maybe all 6 now, I don't remember) of the NES Mega Man games are on the 3DS Virtual Console already.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 10:57:25 pm »

But there's going to be a 3DS version and most (maybe all 6 now, I don't remember) of the NES Mega Man games are on the 3DS Virtual Console already.

Just checked and all 6 are on the eshop for the 3DS.  I know Wii U is still dealing with a smaller ownership amount compared to everything, but I can't imagine they are putting too much into this collection where they can't make money.

The only good thing coming from this, is that if it's really cheap, like 15 to 20 bucks, it's a good deal, cause those games are about 4 to 5 bucks a pop on the eshops.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 11:16:30 pm »
Why would anyone want this when they could get 1-8 and a bonus game for less on the Mega Man Collection?

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2015, 11:34:55 pm »
Why would anyone want this when they could get 1-8 and a bonus game for less on the Mega Man Collection?

To be fair, that is two generations removed.  I understand what they are doing by releasing these to new systems, they just don't seem to be putting much effort into it.

gf78

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2015, 09:55:58 am »

To be fair, that is two generations removed.  I understand what they are doing by releasing these to new systems, they just don't seem to be putting much effort into it.

It's Capcom...they don't put much effort into anything these days.  Mostly HD cash-ins on old titles and a (from all accounts) horrific port of Ultra Street Fighter IV for the PS4. 

For me, regardless of price-this is a lazy port-job.  Not because of how the games may/may not run, but because it's only the first six games.  Why not all 10?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

davifus

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2015, 11:41:56 am »
So this collection is going have all MM except 9 & 10?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2015, 12:15:58 pm »

I heard 1-6.

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2015, 12:31:24 pm »

It's only going to have 1-6.

doafan

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2015, 04:41:16 pm »
Not a bit excited and kinda mad of this one, despite the extras that the game can have and knowing that the 3DS is capable of more it's a shame that only the six first games are going to make it, maybe I'm asking to much but since they are trying to have a "Legacy Collection" why not include at least the two latest titles that are so similar in graphics and gameplay, yeah it might have the HD Flair whatever this thing is, if Keiji Inafune aka Mega Man father is not involved I totally have to pass this one, won't gonna pay for something that I already have, maybe it's because am from the old school generation so for me this a total waste of money, if at least the game will come with a bonus, I dunno an action figure or a collectible from the series then I can consider the purchase or perhaps that it came with the manuals of the six titles will definitely buy it but knowing cRapc0m already know that this is impossible.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

argyle

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2015, 04:55:18 pm »

It's Capcom...they don't put much effort into anything these days.  Mostly HD cash-ins on old titles and a (from all accounts) horrific port of Ultra Street Fighter IV for the PS4. 

For me, regardless of price-this is a lazy port-job.  Not because of how the games may/may not run, but because it's only the first six games.  Why not all 10?

I don't understand the hate for Capcom. Yeah, it looks like this collection is going to be sub-par, but RE HD was a really good port where they added some nice features - most notably the option to not use tank controls. The 2 DMC ports they're doing both have a ton of content added. Yeah, I know, these ARE all ports but I wouldn't call them lazy - they're really putting effort into making these shine. I'm ok with that. They've announced that they're working on some new stuff, so maybe they're just gonna wait until the Tokyo Game Show to pull those out?  Who knows.

Anyway, I know of a lot of companies that deserve more grief than Capcom does.

EDIT: And from my understanding, Sony was responsible for getting SF4 onto the PS4 & they chose a crappy dev to do the port.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

maximo310

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2015, 05:13:45 pm »

I don't understand the hate for Capcom. Yeah, it looks like this collection is going to be sub-par, but RE HD was a really good port where they added some nice features - most notably the option to not use tank controls. The 2 DMC ports they're doing both have a ton of content added. Yeah, I know, these ARE all ports but I wouldn't call them lazy - they're really putting effort into making these shine. I'm ok with that. They've announced that they're working on some new stuff, so maybe they're just gonna wait until the Tokyo Game Show to pull those out?  Who knows.

EDIT: And from my understanding, Sony was responsible for getting SF4 onto the PS4 & they chose a crappy dev to do the port.
I think it has to do with their public image going downhil after their DLC on disc problems and cancelling Mega Man games a while back, and that people want to see new stuff or fix problems in currently ongoing franchises, such as Resident Evil. The other problem too is that all of their content is digitally released with the only options for physical copies are usually in Asia/Japan, and that's a problem if a game of theirs is on a region-locked system like the 3DS. I'm hoping they do announce some new projects at TGS .

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2015, 05:55:16 pm »

Other companies have more general problems, it's more of a long running combination of issues that have really strained the fanbase across multiple franchises.  They are slowly kinda coming back from their really low point after what most seem to consider good games, good ports/remasters, and if they are slowly working to bring back Mega Man with this and actual new games, it could reinvigorate the company for people.  Except for Monster Hunter fans.  Apparently they just damn near love everything with that series and I have no idea why lol

abe

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2015, 10:55:40 pm »
Yaay, the Mega Man Legacy Collection will now receive physical releases on the PS4, Xbone, and 3DS! ;D The game is releasing August 25th digitally on consoles, and the 3DS and physical releases will be available some time early in 2016. The digital versions will cost $14.99, while the physical versions will cost $29.99 each (probably $34.99 or more for Canada :-\).

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/mega-man-legacy-collection-launches-august-25
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2015, 11:18:26 pm »
Wait, they are doubling the prices for the physical edition? The heck? It's the same exact game!