Author Topic: signed cpoies of nes games  (Read 1762 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

signed cpoies of nes games
« on: June 12, 2015, 05:23:24 pm »
I recently purchased a nes game signed by the avgn,pat nes punk and mike mati. I respect those guys but not sure if it raises or lowers the value.So should I clean it or not what are your thoughts?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: signed cpoies of nes games
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 05:38:43 pm »
I recently purchased a nes game signed by the avgn,pat nes punk and mike mati. I respect those guys but not sure if it raises or lowers the value.So should I clean it or not what are your thoughts?

Do you have certified documents that came with it? And no.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

aliensstudios

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 05:45:43 pm »
It depends on which game. Having Mike Matei and Pat the NES Punk would raise the value all, but James Rolfe's signature might. Do you plan on selling it? What's it worth to you? "If you don't care about those three guys clean it off. If you only got it to resell it, maybe keep it on. There are people who would pay more for it if it was signed by them, but others wouldn't. Use your best judgement.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 05:52:20 pm »
No I bought it off long time friend I believe it's real but undecided if i should care.

Warmsignal

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 07:19:14 pm »
I don't really think signatures from people who had nothing to do with the game's creation really add value, but that's my opinion. Yes, you should clean Pat's name off of it. Ehh, I'm not a fan. lol But I do think Cinemassacre is pretty cool.

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 10:44:45 pm »
I don't really think signatures from people who had nothing to do with the game's creation really add value, but that's my opinion. Yes, you should clean Pat's name off of it. Ehh, I'm not a fan. lol But I do think Cinemassacre is pretty cool.
Yeah, I agree. I'll never understand why people like Pat the NES Punk, he just seems like a second tier hack of James Rolfe. Sure he has a good collection, but that doesn't make him interesting to watch. He's probably even worse than Chris Bores in my humble opinion.

Warmsignal

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 10:55:56 pm »
Yeah, I agree. I'll never understand why people like Pat the NES Punk, he just seems like a second tier hack of James Rolfe. Sure he has a good collection, but that doesn't make him interesting to watch. He's probably even worse than Chris Bores in my humble opinion.

Definitely worse than Bores. Bores may be a hack, but at least he's so bad he's almost good. Pat on the other hand, is just plain old bad bad.

aliensstudios

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 11:05:42 pm »

Definitely worse than Bores. Bores may be a hack, but at least he's so bad he's almost good. Pat on the other hand, is just plain old bad bad.
Yep. There was a time, probably when I was twelve in 2007 or so where I actually watched a lot of Irate Gamer and reasonably enjoyed it. In fact, he's the one who taught me about Super Mario Bros. 2 USA/Japan and Tengen Tetris. Still, I was young and naive at the time and I didn't know jack squat about video games.

soera

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 12:03:48 am »
I dont think any of those youtube people would add any significance to the value of a game.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 02:49:06 am »
Well thank you all for your input im leaning towards cleaning it but my son says no if nothing else it's a conversation piece.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 10:27:24 am »
I mean, the sig isn't hurting anything, I would keep it, cause you never know.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 10:41:40 am »
I had Pat sign my copy of Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat.  They mention it on their podcast all the time.  I thought it was funny.  It's just for me though.  If you don't care, clean it.  It's not hurting anything though. 

I tell you what.  What games are they?  I may trade you a clean copy for those signed ones.  That's kinda cool to have.

rayne315

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 01:09:42 pm »
if someone took the time and effort to get it signed by them then it must have been worth it to them and increased the value so i would keep it on there. might be worth something more to someone further down the road.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 08:16:08 pm »
It's GI Joe Atlantis Factor but my son has convinced me to keep it as is but thanks for the offer.