Author Topic: Twitter - Anyone use it?  (Read 2040 times)

Twitter - Anyone use it?
« on: June 13, 2015, 09:12:37 pm »
Does anyone here use Twitter? I made an account a few years ago that I haven't used since, but thought it could be cool to finally give it a shot. I also thought it could be cool for anyone that uses it to post their username here as we all have a common interest!

Here's mine - https://twitter.com/RetroOlly

Re: Twitter - Anyone use it?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 09:14:54 pm »
I set up one years ago to follow the tweets of some of the TSN hockey analysts here in Canada for the NHL trade deadline so I could get instant notifications on trades but just ended up taking the day off and watching sportscenter anyway.

Have no real use for it and haven't used it since.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 10:00:46 pm »
Just the Retro Reload Podcast one.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 10:32:50 pm »
I only use it as a new/update feed.  Posted a couple times, but I don't really have friends or anything for that, since that is what Facebook is for.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 02:59:30 am »
I use it all the time.  It can easily run away from you once you get to following so many people that you can't read everything.

It's a great way to keep up with the latest updates with patches, new game announcements, and game deals (these sort of things can be very time sensitive).

I know a few VGC folks use Twitter, and we all use it differently, I think.

I mostly use it to keep up with gaming news (I don't visit any particular gaming site regularly) as it's a good way to get quick headlines and such.  In regard to what I tweet, I use it for giving notice about any livestreaming I might be doing/planning and will retweet gaming news/deals that I like.  I'll also post a silly pic here and there for friends.

www.twitter.com/desocietas
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 10:12:22 am »
I use it.  It's mostly immature humor, MMA, video game stuff, and youtube. I hit up a few youtubers on there since I almost made it into that community at one time.  The rest of it is just silly stuff.

@jasonoverturf is the one I use the most. 
@turf1218 is strictly for youtube and video game stuff.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:14:01 am by turf »

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 11:41:32 am »
I never had much interest in Twitter so I haven't bothered to create an account there yet. My brother made one about 2-3 years ago, but he hasn't gone to the site in a long time.

doafan

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 11:47:58 am »
I used to had one but to be quite honest never had a chance to use it and since it was only keeping dust I deleted it, not a big fan of post or letting now others what am doing or where I am located, I don't even own a cellphone cause doesn't like being call, have to take care of a lot of phones calls at the office that the last thing that I want to be is being called at my free time  ;)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

rayne315

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 01:15:10 pm »
never had one. never had a myspace. never had a facebook. if i have any interest in keeping up with a friends daily life then i will call them up and have a conversation. although the creepy thing is back about 4 or 5 years ago a facebook account got posted that had my picture and started friending all my family and friends. i had to call up facebook to find out that they will not delete accounts but they did lock it so whoever was using it could no longer use it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 01:18:15 pm »
Nope. I don't understand at all why people would use it over Facebook. It is very limiting on what you can post.

Warmsignal

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 04:39:38 pm »
I don't use any social media. Forums like this one are the extent of my social media.

foxhack

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 08:15:58 pm »
Same username as here.

I tweet a lot of stupid things. :P

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 08:36:35 pm »

pacpix

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 11:03:23 pm »
I use Twitter a lot, I think it makes a great newsfeed.  Used to follow 500+ accounts, but cut way back to around 150.

I apologize in advance for the high percentage of Mariners tweets, but it is baseball season right now.
https://twitter.com/pac_pix
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

retroone

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 03:36:28 pm »
I use Twitter some what frequently
Personal (used often): https://twitter.com/DaRetroOne
Youtube (Just for updates): https://twitter.com/TheGGEF