Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 35842 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2015, 06:19:21 am »
Finally got tracking info !  Should be here today.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #196 on: November 10, 2015, 06:30:14 am »
Luckily I need to sleep so I won't be following my package as it gets here lol It's a few hundred miles away from me, so I know it's showing up today and that fills me with satisfaction. 

Had a good bit of time spent in Fallout 3 the past few nights, as I haven't really put time into the game for years now, but I'll be able to go from that to Fallout 4 and really feel what the differences are.  Cause already I'm super missing the gameplay improvements of New Vegas and with Fallout 4 supposed to be a more proper shooter than even that, I just get happy. Like Bob Ross soothing happy lol

abe

« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2015, 08:44:15 am »
Just got my copy along with the collector's edition Vault Dweller's Survival Guide. ;D ;D ;D ;D Too bad my last class doesn't end until 7:30 tonight. :'( At least I don't need to worry about not getting it on time now. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

davifus

« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2015, 10:34:16 am »
Apparently my pipboy is coming in today. Wow, that is strangely quick.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

telly

« Reply #199 on: November 10, 2015, 10:37:02 am »
I didn't know that my brother bought the game until yesterday, so maybe I'll be able to play it!  :o
At least I'll be able to see him play it over break.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:53:59 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

rayne315

« Reply #200 on: November 10, 2015, 10:38:41 am »
I am so fucking mad. I wanted to buy some nuka-cola quantum to go with my game, So what did I do to be prepared for it? 1 week ago I called up target and asked if their were any way for me to reserve a case of nuka-cola and was told no because they would have no Idea how much of it was coming in. so I asked If they would call up the distribution center for jones soda and request an extra case to be delivered for me. and they agreed to that and the next day I got a confirmation call from target about my case of nuka-cola. so me being pro-active for once in my life found the number for the local distributor and asked for confirmation of the extra case shipment to that particular target and was told "we have 8 cases going to that store", so I should be able to get a case.

fast forward to yesterday. I Called up both target and the distribution center for one final confirmation of my order. the distribution center came back with the same answer (they had 8 cases going to the target I ordered it from) but target had a different answer for me, they told me that my hold of the case was canceled and that I could not hold a limited quantity item and to call today at 7:30 a.m. and ask for it to be held aside for me tomorrow. Alright easy enough I want it that badly.

so this morning I wake up and call them (target) up to ask for them to hold aside a case of the nuka-cola for me and they tell me no problem but that I would have to pick it up before 10 and that it will be up at customer service, so with me already going to go in at 8 a.m. (opening time) this was no issue. I get to the store parking lot about 7:50 ready for the opening and their is only me and 3 other people waiting their for them to open. After a bit an employee comes and unlocks the door and all of us walk in to the store. I go immediately with a cart to the customer service desk and tell them that I am here for the case of nuka-cola and was told it would be held in customer service. the lady at the desk starts looking around for the product and informs me that it is not there and she calls up the back room to grab a case and bring it up. and over the walkie I hear a laugh and "case? we only got in 12 bottles." and as if right on que I hear the clinking of glass and see a guy walk out of the store with all 12 of them!!! he bought them all!!

I asked what happened to the 8 cases hey were supposed to get in furious at this point and ask her to call up the distribution center and ask whats up. after almost half an hour they come back with they have no idea where I got the 8 cases from they only had 6 total at the center and they were to be split evenly between all the area stores. The person that was sent into the back to grab the nuka-cola quantum brought up a case of coke instead. and nobody that I had talked to yesterday or today before I got in bothered to tell me they had only gotten 12 in even though apparently they had it in the back yesterday before I called to confirm.

In all this is just a fucking cluster and I will no longer buy from target because of this.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:41:47 am by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #201 on: November 10, 2015, 11:16:13 am »
I am so fucking mad. I wanted to buy some nuka-cola quantum to go with my game, So what did I do to be prepared for it? 1 week ago I called up target and asked if their were any way for me to reserve a case of nuka-cola and was told no because they would have no Idea how much of it was coming in. so I asked If they would call up the distribution center for jones soda and request an extra case to be delivered for me. and they agreed to that and the next day I got a confirmation call from target about my case of nuka-cola. so me being pro-active for once in my life found the number for the local distributor and asked for confirmation of the extra case shipment to that particular target and was told "we have 8 cases going to that store", so I should be able to get a case.

fast forward to yesterday. I Called up both target and the distribution center for one final confirmation of my order. the distribution center came back with the same answer (they had 8 cases going to the target I ordered it from) but target had a different answer for me, they told me that my hold of the case was canceled and that I could not hold a limited quantity item and to call today at 7:30 a.m. and ask for it to be held aside for me tomorrow. Alright easy enough I want it that badly.

so this morning I wake up and call them (target) up to ask for them to hold aside a case of the nuka-cola for me and they tell me no problem but that I would have to pick it up before 10 and that it will be up at customer service, so with me already going to go in at 8 a.m. (opening time) this was no issue. I get to the store parking lot about 7:50 ready for the opening and their is only me and 3 other people waiting their for them to open. After a bit an employee comes and unlocks the door and all of us walk in to the store. I go immediately with a cart to the customer service desk and tell them that I am here for the case of nuka-cola and was told it would be held in customer service. the lady at the desk starts looking around for the product and informs me that it is not there and she calls up the back room to grab a case and bring it up. and over the walkie I hear a laugh and "case? we only got in 12 bottles." and as if right on que I hear the clinking of glass and see a guy walk out of the store with all 12 of them!!! he bought them all!!

I asked what happened to the 8 cases hey were supposed to get in furious at this point and ask her to call up the distribution center and ask whats up. after almost half an hour they come back with they have no idea where I got the 8 cases from they only had 6 total at the center and they were to be split evenly between all the area stores. The person that was sent into the back to grab the nuka-cola quantum brought up a case of coke instead. and nobody that I had talked to yesterday or today before I got in bothered to tell me they had only gotten 12 in even though apparently they had it in the back yesterday before I called to confirm.

In all this is just a fucking cluster and I will no longer buy from target because of this.

Uggggh... I'm so sorry, man. Those sort of situations would just have me at tears from all the anger and frustration.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #202 on: November 10, 2015, 11:25:13 am »
That sucks Rayne :(

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #203 on: November 10, 2015, 11:57:16 am »
whats worse is that when i was thinking their would be 8 cases a store give or take, I was thinking that this would be a very nice thing for fans to have while playing the game. (same sort of thing as gamerfuel is) but at 12 bottles a store (less than a case) this becomes a scalpers paradise and bottles are being bid to $40 a bottle!!!!! I just wish that either companys would better guage the market and give enough for the demand or that they would implement something... anything to stop this behavior because it is hurting the industry more than anything and turns fans off to certain things. I'm a bit of a soda nut so unfortunately i will probably buy a bottle online and keep it when i drink it.

but anyway Math time!! the target around me is the only one in a 40 mile radius. my town is about 58,000 people as of 2013 their are 2 cities on top of that that literally are butted up to the borders so basically is one large city but their population is ~5000 (2013) and ~3000 (2013). In that 40 mile radius of people only having this target to shop at their are more than a dozen other cities at least 6 of them with more than 5000 people living their. so for simplicity im going to call it 70,000 people have access to this one target (not that all of them use it mind you). so in other words they decided the demand for this soda would only be 70,000/12= 5833 so they estimated that 1 out of every 5800 people would like to buy a bottle of berry lemonade soda? to me more people would buy it just because berry lemonade sounds delicious.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2015, 01:30:31 pm »
Has anyone connected the pipboy app to their game?

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2015, 02:05:14 pm »
whats worse is that when i was thinking their would be 8 cases a store give or take, I was thinking that this would be a very nice thing for fans to have while playing the game. (same sort of thing as gamerfuel is) but at 12 bottles a store (less than a case) this becomes a scalpers paradise and bottles are being bid to $40 a bottle!!!!! I just wish that either companys would better guage the market and give enough for the demand or that they would implement something... anything to stop this behavior because it is hurting the industry more than anything and turns fans off to certain things. I'm a bit of a soda nut so unfortunately i will probably buy a bottle online and keep it when i drink it.

but anyway Math time!! the target around me is the only one in a 40 mile radius. my town is about 58,000 people as of 2013 their are 2 cities on top of that that literally are butted up to the borders so basically is one large city but their population is ~5000 (2013) and ~3000 (2013). In that 40 mile radius of people only having this target to shop at their are more than a dozen other cities at least 6 of them with more than 5000 people living their. so for simplicity im going to call it 70,000 people have access to this one target (not that all of them use it mind you). so in other words they decided the demand for this soda would only be 70,000/12= 5833 so they estimated that 1 out of every 5800 people would like to buy a bottle of berry lemonade soda? to me more people would buy it just because berry lemonade sounds delicious.

Well that explains why I didn't find any Quantum at Target this morning.  Why the fuck is this shit so limited? I understand the Pip-Boys being limited, but your soda that is meant to help market your game? What a load of shit.

argyle

« Reply #206 on: November 10, 2015, 03:48:41 pm »
I had my wife swing by our Target just to see, and it was the same story - they said they got in 12, which were immediately sold this morning when they opened.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #207 on: November 10, 2015, 03:59:30 pm »
Quantum disaster aside, I finally got my Pip-Boy and I'm installing the game now, should be playing the next hour or so!

davifus

« Reply #208 on: November 10, 2015, 04:01:47 pm »
Dont forget to change your R1 back into VATS.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

rayne315

« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2015, 04:07:40 pm »
Quantum disaster aside, I finally got my Pip-Boy and I'm installing the game now, should be playing the next hour or so!

I took mine home this morning and inserted the disc to my ps4. It should be all fully downloaded by the time i get home in 2 hours

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully