Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 34923 times)

Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #210 on: November 10, 2015, 07:46:15 pm »
With what I'm looking at for the settlements in this game at first glance, I could probably have just seen them create essentially "Wasteland Survival", where it's nothing but building.  This could be a game in itself and I'm pretty sure hours are going to be spent doing this before I even truly invest in the rest of the game lol

« Reply #211 on: November 10, 2015, 10:02:21 pm »
Has anyone connected the pipboy app to their game?

yea, it's super cool.
seems to work pretty precisely
i can't imagine using it without the pip boy, though
very novel

« Reply #212 on: November 10, 2015, 11:25:38 pm »
Actually forgot to use the app lol I'll give it a try here, see if it's worth using.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2015, 01:55:10 am »
Mine finally came in at 7:45 pm. Made my player and did the intro. Off to bed now. Gotta start on it in the am.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2015, 03:36:20 am »
Couldn't get the companion app to sync up, I'll have to look into it later to see what extra I need to do beyond just allowing it ingame.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2015, 09:30:04 pm »
Loving how challenging this game has been so far.

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2015, 06:16:10 am »
Game has a bit of a learning curve in some areas as it'll take abit to figure out all the aspects of settlement building and other features.  I just recently learned after 20 hours I could store all my junk in the workshop, so I've just made Sanctuary Hills my main base.  I fill up my inventory to bursting, travel back, dump the junk in for materials, disassemble guns I'm not gonna sale, and do any modifications.  Makes things so much easier as I was constantly struggling with my inventory lol

Also, I have like 5 sets of Power Armor now, likely to get even more lol They are all sorta parked out next to the Sanctuary Hills power armor station.  I'd love to get to the point that I turn one of the empty lots into a garage for all my suits with their own stations.

I was unsure if the game would truly have enough room to explore, cause it seemed slightly small, but there's tons more to do I think and the Southwest corner of the map is bigger than it looks.

rayne315

« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2015, 10:07:04 am »
nothing like wandering into a city just to have a mini-nuke or something shot at you from an unknown location while you are a low level... least I got the trophy touchdown!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #218 on: November 12, 2015, 12:58:50 pm »
nothing like wandering into a city just to have a mini-nuke or something shot at you from an unknown location while you are a low level... least I got the trophy touchdown!

Had that happen walking to the east, spotting a legendary raider in power armor and wondering how I was gonna fight him, just to get insta-nuked.  Made a mental note of him and then came back in my Power Armor to beat the crap out of him lol

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #219 on: November 12, 2015, 01:24:48 pm »
I'm working on my settlement. I agree. It's a learning curve. I lost dog meat there for a while. Figured out how to get him back.

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #220 on: November 12, 2015, 01:32:40 pm »
as nice as it is having dog meat around (I send him ahead of me to check for enemies/traps) I actually do not  like the fact that he is non-walkthrough-able. on quite a few occasions I have walked into narrow places to try and find loot and dog meat came in after me. this normally wouldn't be that bad but he blockes the whole dang corridor and you cannot walk past him. sometimes when you are picking up things from the ground he will literally walk into you, pushing you away, and stand directly on top of what you want to pick up.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

davifus

« Reply #221 on: November 12, 2015, 02:09:53 pm »
I love Dogmeat but he has the worst AI in this game. Dogmeat has used more stimpak than myself. I command him to stay while I try to get a sneak attack but dogmeat start growling and make all sort of noise. I love him but man sometimes I feel like going solo.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #222 on: November 12, 2015, 03:06:14 pm »
I was in a factory doing a mission. For an hour. Couldn't figure out how to get to the last part of the area. Turns out I missed an elvator and passed it bout 50 times......

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #223 on: November 12, 2015, 03:41:23 pm »
I got rid of Dogmeat pretty quick once I saw I could get Prescott as a partner, since Dogmeat generally tends to be pretty useless outside of small critters or some raiders.  People are much better, but don't give the AI automatic weapons or ones that use lots of ammo like the laser musket. They burn through it to quick.  Best I've picked is either a laser rifle or combat shotgun as you want them to make their hits count.  I have a total of 5 companions at the moment, two I haven't used, but I really like Piper.  Probably one of the better characters in the game just from voice acting and personality.

rayne315

« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2015, 05:11:03 pm »
after thinking about it a little more I don't think given the opportunity I will get rid of dog meat. he has infinite health (he regenerates it so don't use stim packs) and a seemingly infinite carry weight (I pick up literally everything I find so I trade it to dog meat) so I never become over encumbered. also if you don't know yet try trading a teddy bear to dog meat.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully