Author Topic: PC Upgrade Check/Tips  (Read 828 times)

PC Upgrade Check/Tips
« on: June 15, 2015, 03:10:03 pm »
I know abit about PC's with putting them together, but I always like to check with people that know a lot more on this to see if it is worth it and properly compatible.  I was originally gonna get a PS4, but I'm leaning towards some upgraded hardware instead for my PC to maximize upcoming games like Arkham Knight, Fallout 4, and Star Wars Battlefront among others.

My plan was to spend the 400 bucks on a new graphics card and some more RAM, but I wanted to see if people see this as compatible and if they feel the upgrade will be noticeable enough.

These are my original parts, I was just going to double the RAM, so I know the RAM is compatible.
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Kamikaze_Keeg/saved/ZFy48d

Figured I'd go from my 2gb 670, to this 4gb 970 and if I have to worry about PSU issues or if I should look at different upgrades as I'm trying to keep it around the 400 dollar range if I can.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127850

davifus

Re: PC Upgrade Check/Tips
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 03:56:28 pm »
I dont think the ram upgrade is necessary. Your PSU should be fine. the 970 shouldnt be a problem. I'm on the fence with i5. It might bottleneck or it might not. I'm not so sure. I dont think it will but always good to check it out and make sure the powerful card isnt too powerful for the other parts.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:58:08 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 07:16:57 pm »
I would go for 16 GB RAM, myself.

And get a SSD to use as your OS drive. Trust me. That's the best decision I ever made.

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 08:23:50 pm »
I would go for 16 GB RAM, myself.

And get a SSD to use as your OS drive. Trust me. That's the best decision I ever made.

I'd love an SSD, but I'm upgrading on a budget.  I would love to overhaul my PC completely, but I'm just going with a basic upgrade for now for games lol