Author Topic: Shenmue 3!!!  (Read 13069 times)

soera

Re: Shenmue 3!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2015, 02:22:21 pm »
Told ya Id back it if the physical copy was announced. It was so I did.

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2015, 02:24:40 pm »
Told ya Id back it if the physical copy was announced. It was so I did.

:D You rock man!

soera

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2015, 03:05:04 pm »
Ive already reposted this on Facebook, Sega8bit, and Playstation collecting.com (Playstation version of Nintendo Age). The word is getting out there.

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2015, 06:54:06 pm »
Ive already reposted this on Facebook, Sega8bit, and Playstation collecting.com (Playstation version of Nintendo Age). The word is getting out there.

Yeah, i've been posting this all over the internet all day. Thanks for spreading the word! The campaign has generated like another 300k just from the announcement of the physical PS4 version :)

argyle

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2015, 11:29:20 am »
Yep, I'll be backing it now too since they've announced the physical version. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2015, 12:03:17 pm »
Ahhh, you guys are awesome!

telly

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2015, 03:11:48 pm »
Posted this on the other thread but I also backed it now that's it's getting a physical release! :D (Since I don't have a PS4 I'd rather get the physical version and have it until I can get the console too)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2015, 03:54:15 pm »
Posted this on the other thread but I also backed it now that's it's getting a physical release! :D (Since I don't have a PS4 I'd rather get the physical version and have it until I can get the console too)

Funny enough I don't have a PS4 either, but you can be damn sure that won't be the case when this game comes out lol

telly

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2015, 07:15:29 pm »

Funny enough I don't have a PS4 either, but you can be damn sure that won't be the case when this game comes out lol

I also haven't played the first two games  :o. I won't get the game until Dec. 2017, so I'm considering trying to make an effort to beat I and II beforehand so I can try to play it as soon as I get it. Too bad those old games are more expensive now  >:(
Currently Playing:

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2015, 11:21:39 pm »

I also haven't played the first two games  :o . I won't get the game until Dec. 2017, so I'm considering trying to make an effort to beat I and II beforehand so I can try to play it as soon as I get it. Too bad those old games are more expensive now  >:(

I am hoping given the huge success of the KS campaign so far that Sega takes notice and releases some sort of re-release of the first two on PSN or on a physical disk. I own both, but would buy any re-release of it in a heartbeat just to support the series.

I would never suggest this 99.9% of the time, but honestly if you have to emulate them. They are so worth playing and you owe it to yourself. The pacing in the beginning can be hard for some, but if you allow yourself to become immersed in the world and give the game a chance it really gives back in huge dividends. Shenmue 2 is even better than the first imo, but both are masterpieces.

telly

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2015, 12:24:57 am »
Yeah, I've been considering emulation as an option because I really don't have the money/desire to buy Shenmue I and II and a Dreamcast/Xbox right now.  :-\

There is a video game archive at my University and they have Shenmue I and II, so I could play it there on an actual console if I have the time. That's where I did play about half an hour of the game and I agree with you; the game looks really interesting and immersive and I definitely want to play it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 12:28:42 am by telly »
Currently Playing:

abe

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2015, 05:59:53 pm »
Yeah, I've been considering emulation as an option because I really don't have the money/desire to buy Shenmue I and II and a Dreamcast/Xbox right now.  :-\

There is a video game archive at my University and they have Shenmue I and II, so I could play it there on an actual console if I have the time. That's where I did play about half an hour of the game and I agree with you; the game looks really interesting and immersive and I definitely want to play it.

What kind of university (aside from the awesome kind) has a video game archive? :o How big is the archive? ???
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2015, 07:53:22 pm »
What kind of university (aside from the awesome kind) has a video game archive? :o How big is the archive? ???

I go to the University of Michigan, and they have a dedicated video game library of around 3400 games. You can walk in and request to play any game for any of their consoles (though you can't take it out of the library). Typically you can spend an hour playing it, but if no one is also requesting to use the system, you can play for 3ish hours.

http://guides.lib.umich.edu/c.php?g=282987&p=1885525

It's amazing. I've been able to play some more expensive games like Earthbound without having to buy the games. It's open to the public too! :D

http://mirlyn.lib.umich.edu/Search/Home?type%5B%5D=all&lookfor%5B%5D=video%20games&filter%5B%5D=topicStr%3AVideo%20games&filter%5B%5D=format%3AVideo%20Games&sort=author&page=1&sort=yearup

The best list of available video games that I could find :P

Currently Playing:

abe

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2015, 09:57:35 pm »

I go to the University of Michigan, and they have a dedicated video game library of around 3400 games. You can walk in and request to play any game for any of their consoles (though you can't take it out of the library). Typically you can spend an hour playing it, but if no one is also requesting to use the system, you can play for 3ish hours.

It's amazing. I've been able to play some more expensive games like Earthbound without having to buy the games. It's open to the public too! :D

http://mirlyn.lib.umich.edu/Search/Home?type%5B%5D=all&lookfor%5B%5D=video%20games&filter%5B%5D=topicStr%3AVideo%20games&filter%5B%5D=format%3AVideo%20Games&sort=author&page=1&sort=yearup

That's amazing! There's even a bunch of imports too. :D
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

telly

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2015, 10:07:52 pm »

That's amazing! There's even a bunch of imports too. :D

Yeah it is really cool, I remember picking up a Japanese SNES game there (I think it was Secret of Mana?). :) Great to go visit after a day of classes and play some games with like-minded people. Most of their games are by donation too; I was thinking about donating one of my games there before I graduate.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 10:12:34 pm by telly »
Currently Playing: