Author Topic: Shenmue 3!!!  (Read 13076 times)

Re: Shenmue 3!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2018, 04:29:48 pm »
Shenmue 3 is now slated for a 2019 release

I was expecting this to happen within the first year of the game's development. The progress, or at least the reported progress has been slow on this game and I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back one more time to 2020 to be honest. As badly as I want to play this game and for it to come out I would rather they take their time and release the game we all have been waiting for rather than some rushed, subpar mess that will give crowd funded games an even worse reputation than they already have.

telly

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2018, 09:50:55 pm »
So I got an email asking me to fill out a survey for my address and preferred platform so you guys might want to check your emails for that.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2018, 01:07:50 am »
So I got an email asking me to fill out a survey for my address and preferred platform so you guys might want to check your emails for that.
Weird, I don't see mine yet. I was one of the higher tier funders so maybe I'll get mine later??

telly

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2018, 01:14:25 am »
Weird, I don't see mine yet. I was one of the higher tier funders so maybe I'll get mine later??

I got mine only a few hours ago so maybe it's taking a while to go through the list. It said ACTION REQUIRED in the subject.
Currently Playing:

azure

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2018, 08:30:34 am »
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be on the lookout.

telly

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2018, 12:33:18 am »
Not really related to Shenmue 3 but kind of related.

Shenmue I and II HD will be coming out in August for $29.99. I already sold my dreamcast copy (sorry Kash) as I wanted to have both games in one place. Will probably buy it day 1 :)
Currently Playing:

« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2018, 12:29:42 pm »
Not really related to Shenmue 3 but kind of related.

Shenmue I and II HD will be coming out in August for $29.99. I already sold my dreamcast copy (sorry Kash) as I wanted to have both games in one place. Will probably buy it day 1 :)
Me being the Shenmue crazy person I am will be buying three copies; one PS4 copy to open and play, one PS4 copy to keep sealed, and an XBONE copy...I don't even own an XBONE.

telly

« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2018, 09:01:00 am »
They sent out an update a few days ago that all surveys for backers for the original Kickstarter have gone out! Check your emails! :)
Currently Playing:

azure

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2018, 10:37:16 am »
Looks like we have a release date of August 27, 2019

telly

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2018, 10:47:04 am »
Let's pray it's for real! At least it will give me plenty of time to play through Shenmue 1 and 2.
Currently Playing:

telly

« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2019, 01:45:36 pm »
Just confirmed my address so it's almot time for the game to be shipped out!
Currently Playing:

« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2019, 06:51:49 am »
Thank you to everyone who pitched in on the KickStarter, I've very grateful and counting down the days now!

Still re-playing Shenmue II again, but I reckon I'll make it in time :)

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2019, 01:21:08 pm »
Thank you to everyone who pitched in on the KickStarter, I've very grateful and counting down the days now!

Still re-playing Shenmue II again, but I reckon I'll make it in time :)

I would like to echo this gratitude to everyone who helped fund the Kickstarter Campaign, bought Shenmue 1 and 2 HD, and who has supported this franchise for years of false leads, cancelled plans, and general frustration leading up to the announcement of the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter in 2015. I am beyond floored that this game is finally out and still in disbelief this game exists at all.

With that said I got my Kickstarter backer copies (yes, plural) last night and began playing it. Without spoiling anything they absolutely hit the nail on the head in terms of giving us an authentic Shenmue experience 18-years after the last installment. The game looks, sounds, feels, and plays just like the previous two games and I could not be happier. It should be interesting to see how modern gamers and people with no experience with the franchise think of the game, but there is no denying they gave everyone the game we'd all hoped for. I literally binged this game for 5-hours straight and all I want to do is go home and play it some more! I cannot wait!

telly

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2019, 01:26:17 pm »
I played it a little last night for about 40 minutes. I was very impressed as well. I noticed some framerate/optimization issues, but I'm already really loving the dynamic between Ryo and Shenhua, it feels so much more natural.
Currently Playing:

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2019, 01:46:43 pm »
I played it a little last night for about 40 minutes. I was very impressed as well. I noticed some framerate/optimization issues, but I'm already really loving the dynamic between Ryo and Shenhua, it feels so much more natural.

Doesn't it?! I'm about 6 in-game days into the story and possibly my favorite thing to do is come home to Shenhua and learn more about her. She is so incredibly likable, and I'm really enjoying how the story is building up her and Ryo's relationship. The occasional cheesy dialogue just adds to the charm too. I'm so happy they left the so bad it's good vice acting in this game, it's amazing lol