Author Topic: Contra Review  (Read 1055 times)

retroone

Contra Review
« on: June 16, 2015, 03:58:25 pm »
It's been a while since I have uploaded or even been active on this site so my long awaited video project is finally finished. Let me know what you think of the review and tell me on ways I can improve! You can watch it below or view it here: http://bit.ly/ContraRetroOne

maximo310

Re: Contra Review
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 07:25:27 pm »
Just one minor thing for the History section:
First, I don't know if this is a big deal or not, but the Japanese ( Famicom) version of Contra has a decent backstory behind it that is considered "canon" to the series.

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 01:33:27 pm »
I thought this was pretty damn good! I liked the history section you put in there and the overall presentation was nice! I never noticed the likenesses of Schwarzenegger and Stallone on the cover!  :D

If I had to give one pointer, it may be to talk a little slower? It may be your artistic choice and if it is I rescind my point but there were some sections where I had a hard time understanding you. It may just be me though.

retroone

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 03:00:53 pm »
Just one minor thing for the History section:
First, I don't know if this is a big deal or not, but the Japanese ( Famicom) version of Contra has a decent backstory behind it that is considered "canon" to the series.
I can't belive I forgot! If I remember correctly I think the Famicom version had cutscenes and such. Thanks for the tip!

If I had to give one pointer, it may be to talk a little slower? It may be your artistic choice and if it is I rescind my point but there were some sections where I had a hard time understanding you. It may just be me though.
Still trying to get audio done correctly it's just trial and error. Thanks for the feedback!

woahsweetgreyphix

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 03:06:02 pm »
Hey, you're welcome, man! No problem  :)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 10:10:08 am »
I like what you've done, sir.  Good thing you gave this one a 10/10 or I would have to hunt you down.   :P

Good review.  I enjoyed it.

retroone

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 12:24:06 pm »
I like what you've done, sir.  Good thing you gave this one a 10/10 or I would have to hunt you down.   :P

Good review.  I enjoyed it.
Thanks! And for a game like Contra it is well deserving of a 10/10.