Author Topic: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)  (Read 26002 times)

Re: July 2015- Summertime Blues (Recently Added/Purchased Thread)
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 11:32:39 am »
I needed an ethernet cable so I hit up the local "Computers for Kids" indoor yardsale, which happens every 2 weeks, and in addition to the cable, for $10 total, I picked up a sealed Falcon 4.0 "Squadron Commander" binder/CD-rom version, and a sealed Microsoft OEM games pack which has full versions of Motocross Madness, CART Precision Racing, Golf 98 and Return of Arcade.

abe

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 12:03:45 pm »
Picked up a few games today from a pawn shop that was having a sale on games.

-Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA) - I'm new to the series, so I didn't realize that this was the second game in the series and not the original Golden Sun. "The Lost Age" is written in super tiny print on the cartridge and I didn't notice until I was adding the game to my collection here. :P
-The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (GBC)
-Onimusha: Warlords (PS2)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

spac316

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 02:48:00 pm »
I got Gex for Sega Saturn in the mail the other day.

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 08:09:52 pm »
Picked up a nice couple of items for under $7 today:

The Harvest Moon is missing the disc, and the Joe Montana is missing a manual, but otherwise everything else is complete and in good to great condition!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 09:05:35 am »
Mana Khemia arrived before leaving for vacay. I'm so glad to have that game back in my grubby little hands. I plan on getting Jess' ending this time.

gf78

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 10:49:11 am »
A few more picks that I made that last couple of days.  I think I've reached the end of my wife's good graces, so I'll stop while I am ahead!   :(

Blood Omen:  Legacy of Kain for PS1 complete (minor shelf wear, a few light scratches on the disc)
Legacy of Kain:  Soul Reaver for the PS1 complete (like new)
Blood Omen 2 for the PS2 complete (a few minor scratches on the disc)
Soul Reaver 2 for the PS2 complete (a minor scratch or two)
Legacy of Kain Defiance for the PS2 complete (like new)
Jersey Devil for the PS1 complete (like new)
Reloaded for the PS1 complete (light shelf wear, a few light scratches on the disc)
Rygar for the Wii complete (shelf wear, a few minor scratches)
Resident Evil the Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii complete ( minor shelf wear)
Resident Evil the Darkside Chronicles for the Wii complete (like new)
Dino Crisis 3 for the Xbox complete (a few minor bends in the manual, put it in a new DVD case because the original wash trashy)
Resident Evil Deadly Silence for the Nintendo DS complete (one little ding in the back cover)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 12:56:36 pm »
Went to the flea market with my old roommate and had a great time.

When I got there I was fearful we wouldn't find a single thing. I found the Rainbow 6 pretty quickly sitting in a stack on a random table, paid 2 bucks for it.

Then we went about 45 minutes without seeing anything really worth noting outside of some boxed 2600 games which were pretty common titles (dont have a 2600 and running a tight budget otherwise I would have picked them up, $5 apeice)

Luckily after that drought we found a guy with cases full of DVDs and Games. Seemed to warm up to me a bit when I talked to him bought the Dreamcast games/KH/Road Rash off of him for $20, pretty cheap if you ask me.

Found Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X from a random table that only had crappy Wii games otherwise, $3.

And then in the 2nd to last row of the market we found one of my favorite guys to buy from, real character, old collector looking to make a quick buck it seems. My friend and I pooled our games together and got a lot of about 7 games for $80 and I came away with DQ8 CIB and Shining force and paid my half ($40).

And the best part, everything works! Always a great feeling coming home from the flea with everything working.

(Also did I mention how freaking brand new CD games look when you put them in brand new jewel cases. Seriously I've recased all of my DC/PS1 games and they all look like I just took the shrink wrap off.

gf78

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 02:11:33 pm »
(Also did I mention how freaking brand new CD games look when you put them in brand new jewel cases. Seriously I've recased all of my DC/PS1 games and they all look like I just took the shrink wrap off.

I know what you mean.  I've picked up games on the cheap that looked like real turds because the jewel case was cracked, broken hinge, scuffed badly, sticker residue (the booger look), etc. 

Put it all in a brand-new, shiny jewel case and your game looks fresh.  The only issue I really run into is that close to the spine where the booklet sticks up the highest, if the person who owned it before took the book in & out of the case a lot the color may be worn away.  Even then though, it's usually not too bad and the new case still makes what was once a turd look like a gem.   ;D
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

argyle

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 02:37:11 pm »
Yep, that's why I'll scrutinize the insert & manual but don't really worry about the condition of the case itself when buying used. Unless it's some kind of unique case that can't be easily replaced.

I just ordered a set of these replacement PS3 cases - the price is right, and reading customer reviews they sound like perfect replacements for bad PS3 cases:

http://www.amazon.com/Bluray-plastic-Replacement-retail-quality/dp/B00NUBG5MS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1436207579&sr=8-3&keywords=ps3+game+cases&pebp=1436207621247&perid=171AJKNC80JZFJWQJRFH
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

gf78

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 03:21:57 pm »
Anyone know where I can pick up a lot of new CD jewel cases for PlayStation One game replacements?

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 03:29:40 pm »
Anyone know where I can pick up a lot of new CD jewel cases for PlayStation One game replacements?

Amazon. (I bought from FantasyBuy which is on the sidebar for the prime shipping, they were perfect, cant speak for other sellers)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ROGD4E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

gf78

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 03:38:19 pm »

Amazon. (I bought from FantasyBuy which is on the sidebar for the prime shipping, they were perfect, cant speak for other sellers)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ROGD4E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Argghhh!!!!  At work and the link is blocked!   >:(  How many and how much if you don't mind my asking?   :)

desocietas

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 04:03:58 pm »

Argghhh!!!!  At work and the link is blocked!   >:(  How many and how much if you don't mind my asking?   :)

The link looks like it's about $20 (after shipping) for 50 cases.  I don't have a lot to replace cases for, so I just go to a thrift store (we have a local shop that takes in lots of different things for crafting with, including unwanted CDs and empty CD cases) and pick up a few clean cases or parts of cases (oftentimes it's just the front that's cracked) for cheap.  This is especially handy when I need to replace a case for a double-disc PS1 game.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 04:14:26 pm »

Like Des said, its about 50c each which I've found is the cheapest option for me because all thrift stores and places near me charge at least $1 per CD. These look like they were just made and all come empty and ready for a transplant.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 04:46:58 pm »
Needed some new handhelds games to pass the time during certain shifts at work. Got these from 99Gamers.com: